Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tostone View Post
    It's not going to make a difference.... People have always done pugs with a reserved item list. At least mistakes can be remedied now. You may get some arsehole trying to sell an item to you after they needed it and you will still get ninjas... But if they have a blizzlike pop cap people won't want to ruin their reputation, neither will guilds.

In raids this won't be an issue at all as they will use master looter anyway... You're taking a risk if you go to any raid above UBRS with group loot on.
    What you say is true, but its just more open to people acting like a toxic asshole. Honestly its not a huge issue and can totally see why the did it.

As long as the gameplay is the same , the world looks the same ( but running at 4k ofc) and all the old quests are there to have a huge adventure... i am happy.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I think this is the best option, to only make it a thing for raids or guilds only.
    If you include it in regular dungeon running, you'll have people rolling need for their friends, pretty much making ninjalooting even easier.
    Agreed, makes the most sense in a raid environment, considering some items could take months to drop again with the lockouts. (even worse for weapons and legendaries)

As regular dungeons could be ran again, even while rare things exist in dungeons, dungeons still have no lockout compared to raids, and also not something like 3 drops per boss for 40 people every 5-7 days.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-05 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Agreed, makes the most sense in a raid environment, considering some items could take months to drop again with the lockouts. (even worse for weapons and legendaries)

As regular dungeons could be ran again, even while rare things exist in dungeons, dungeons still have no lockout compared to raids, and also not something like 3 drops per boss for 40 people every 5-7 days.
    Yes, dungeons can be ran multiple times, but it's still NEVER a good idea to promote people trying to steal items for their friends. It definitely sours the community aspect to give assholes tools to screw you over with.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Yes, dungeons can be ran multiple times, but it's still NEVER a good idea to promote people trying to steal items for their friends. It definitely sours the community aspect to give assholes tools to screw you over with.
    Having 1-3 other people roll need on an item for 1 of their "friend" is indeed exploitable with tradeable loot.

Just a bad idea to have it.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-05 at 02:35 PM.

This is why you shouldn't change anything. Tradable loot seems like a great idea. Until it instantly creates a new problem, that new problem will need to be looked at and another change will take place to fix it. Some time later you have a bunch of changes to accommodate the first one.

At the end of the day it's a terrible idea.

I like how in all of these scenarios its always the one guy (OP) joining the premade of 4 friends. Maybe build your group and then you can all share inbetween the loot? Funny how this advice has not changed for nearly 14 years.

If you do shit solo, you accept the risk of running into 4man premades.

Edit: next up ppl are gonna start bitching about master loot and DKP - maybe you should have personal loot only, since they are already making loot changes. Isnt "personal loot only" the greatest thing that ever happened to wow according to reddit and mmoc anyway?
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2018-11-05 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I like how in all of these scenarios its always the one guy (OP) joining the premade of 4 friends. Maybe build your group and then you can all share inbetween the loot? Funny how this advice has not changed for nearly 14 years.

Edit: next up ppl are gonna start bitching about master loot and DKP - maybe you should have personal loot only, since they are already making loot changes. Isnt "personal loot only" the greatest thing that ever happened to wow according to reddit and mmoc anyway?
    Your reply is all over the place.

You take a jab at pretty much everyone on your post.

You pulled out a machinegun and Ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta you killed everyone xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Im more worried about Sharding but what do you guys think about tradable loot in classic?

On the Blizzcon Panel it was said it will be added to Classic to prevent stress on Game Masters requests from people who made a mistake.

But now imagine you join a group of 4 premades.
    Those 4 people can all roll /need on a item and trade to eachoter.

A friend of yours can help you on roll need on items he doesnt need...and then trade you.

Cant this be exploited?

Again, no reason to panic but what do you guys think about this? Its been confirmed to be added on Classic
    One way forward would be to make loot tradeable only if the loot item was asigned by a masterlooter. Otherwise loot would be non-tradable.
    This would help to solve masterloot errors and do something against groups exploiting the default tradeable loot system (ie, they could not, because by default loot would be untradeable; the tradeable loot system only comes into operation if masterloot is on).
    Last edited by Altariaz; 2018-11-05 at 03:16 PM.

I think this is fine. Blizzard always traded the items via GM ticket anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post

The scenario they're presenting is very unlikely. I think they're forgetting that loot trading was added to the live servers and this so called "Problem" wasn't rally a problem at all. Adding it in is a change... but it's a change for the better in my opinion. It might be a QOL change... but it's not a direct gameplay change.

Yeah I kind of think that this will have more positive implications than negative ones. I'm all for quality of life additions, I really don't just want straight Classic WoW. It had so many issues that people have forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    Hmmm....that's a good point. So what you are saying is that this change will encourage an even stronger community; that players may want to make as many friends as possible so that they will always have people to play with to help them get loot? Yes, interesting idea, but do you really think that the people playing Classic really want a strong community? I'm not so sure. You hardly see anyone mention it on these forums.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Indeed, Its an odd concept i can't recall the last time i was like "hey friends i need something in this dungeon mind if we knock it out" and got a group of friends together every day for a couple of weeks and did said dungeon.
    Oh yes i can it was magi terrece(sp) from TBC and the dungeon was so fun we just kept doing it everyday before or after raid to let off steam, it started because somebody wanted a trinket i think it was me first then somebody else and pulling the mobs and aoeing them down was just too much fun after a while.

I don't recall any period past that where i went to ask somebody else to join me in a dungeon that wasn't just a "i'm queuing anyway, and wouldn't mind the IQ pool raised" lol
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Cant you do the same thing with a gm? Just takes a bit longer.

(Also did vanilla have the whole "can only roll need on items you can wear thing?)
    There was a loot option "Need before Greed" IIRC that did exactly that. But nobody ever used it unless they were idiots. E.g. wearing leather as a DPS Warrior or +heal cloth as a Paladin was very common and necessary for optimal gearing.

----------

- - - Updated - - -

I think that a system like the current Item Restoration on BNet would have been better if their sole reason really is to not stress out GMs too much. That reasoning is understandable. Let players trade one item per 24/48 hours or something like that to avoid abusing the system while staying closer to true Vanilla experience.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Honestly, if you join a 4man premade, which is rather unlikely (as i would wager that 4 people have no issue finding a 5th), then you are basically of the mercy of them anyway.

Want that? Nope, fuck off, they could just turn on ML and there's nothing you can do.
    If the majority of a group is against you and want to exploit you, you're fucked, there's nothing you can do about it, best option is to hit leave.

If i had 3 friends for a Vanilla Dungeon, i'd probably do the dungeon as 4 rather than invite a fifth and risk possible loot drama with a random person.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    But people will exploit it, WTS UBRS , all loot goes to you .... etc
    What does loot trading have to do with this(?) Naturally possible to do this via ML.

Exploited?

I'm confused. There isn't an exploit by everybody rolling need on an item. Being able to trade loot or not trade loot has been around for a few years now.
    If a group of 4 guildies invite you to their group you ask about loot rules. If they say need before greed, then you join. If one of those guildies is a hunter and all 4 of them roll need on a hunter weapon so they can make sure the hunter gets it then you simply leave the group of you can't handle it.

You know, the same thing you were able to do for the majority of the games lifespan....
    Last edited by Bhanzai; 2018-11-06 at 08:23 PM.

Loot trading is terrible.
    It was not in Vanilla and should never be a part of it.
    And the reasoning "dem casuals will make 2 many tickets" is just pure lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    . . .you join.

. . .all 4 of them roll need on a hunter weapon

. . .you simply leave the group
    Do you honestly not see the problem here?

You join a group. An item drops. You should only be competing against one other player on the roll, but you end up competing against all 4 because they're friends and whoever wins can just trade it to the hunter.

This was not possible in Vanilla because they wouldn't have been able to trade the item to their friend, and if they tried to petition a GM for it they would've been suspended for abusing GM tickets. GMs aren't stupid, they can see patterns in ticket submissions by certain groups (probably fully automated now) and they can read all your whispers/guild chat if they want.

So now you've wasted a couple hours finding a group + killing the boss only to get screwed because people abused loot trading. Does that sound like it's conducive to the type of close-knit community that Vanilla was known for?

This wouldn't be necessary if we were better at distributing loot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since I have already written on this issue, I will simply copy my answer, I have nothing more to add, because everything is quite simple:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Also, don't quite understand controversy about loot trading, since there is boe&bop, and everything else has no relation to Classic. People should be able to make mistakes, responsibility training should be available, there should be opportunity for them to show others that they fully understood error and repent of their actions, this is a guarantee that next time they will think 10 times before they press the button and substitute others. Tradable loot robs them of this everything (this isn't perceived as an error when you can quickly and easily re-decide, so no harm - no learning). This is one of priceless parts of any gaming experience, this is what retail doesn't have. GM has right to intervene in the process if and only if game was mistaken, and not when player did.
    As for ninja-looting, none of these options save-from/alter/influence this process.

ps. Smart move to learn from mistakes of others, ordinary move to learn from own ones, bad move don’t see/consider/recognize yourself wrong (learn nothing), but doesn't metter even if we don't/want it, still everyone ever makes mistakes. Game has no right to change this.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2023-01-06 at 10:42 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__