Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Shouldn't it have dropped on friday then?
    Trading closed just before the announcement.
    Speciation Is Gradual

It's amusing that people think Activisions stock price dropping has anything to do with Diablo Immortal. The price has been going down for over a month because MAUs are down across the board and people are not expecting the Q3 numbers (which are being announced this week) to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Clearly a blatant cash grab from a company that is generally known for having integrity (as much as a company can have) is going to negatively impact the company. Such a blatant cash grab and bastardization of a key IP is going to result in bad PR. So putting it together, the investors are shy of a blatant cash grab. If they did this with Hots, no one would give a shit because Hots didn't build Blizzard and had absolutely nothing to do with its public image.
    I would agree with that but investors are not specifically concerned about a cash grab, if they were companies like EA would have went under long ago, they only care about the bad publicity in this case and once this all dies down the stock will rebound. Now is a good time to pick up some blizz shares if you want them.

Deleted
    keep it dropping at this point i dont care if it crashes all the way.I guess i want to watch world burn

Just wait until the game is released and the millions of dollar start rolling in... no one will care about the small loses they had the last few days

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    I would agree with that but investors are not specifically concerned about a cash grab, if they were companies like EA would have went under long ago, they only care about the bad publicity in this case and once this all dies down the stock will rebound. Now is a good time to pick up some blizz shares if you want them.
    You are actually probably correct, Actiblizz received a buy rating this morning from multiple sources. Like I mentioned they still have an earnings call today, so they could drop more before the day is out, or level off/gain due to a positive call. I kind of don't think it will be a wholly positive call, mainly because CoD didn't perform to expectations.

As I said after all this news broke, the market would tell the tale. It seems even investors might be shy of a blatant cash grab. Just to be 100% clear, I'm not happy about this. This may result in canceled projects and other corporate changes, and I am not disillusioned to believe that these changes will be beneficial for gamers.

Link to Stock

They also have an earnings call today, which may exacerbate the situation.
    The stock price jumped 2 days prior to Blizzcon, the same amount they lost after Blizzcon. In my views, people bought in hoping for some amazing news, nothing great came of it, and it returned back to normal. That being said, the stock has been falling for months, but that's not specifically related to D3.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2018-11-05 at 04:06 PM.

Well, that's kinda expected given the reaction, and since it's the only real way to make a big company like Blizzard to change route, hopefully this drop in stock makes someone there think better about Diablo future plans.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Damn, 6.5% drop after Blizzcon

EA lost 8% after their Battlefront 2 fiasco and that cost them over $3 billion

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I said after all this news broke, the market would tell the tale. It seems even investors might be shy of a blatant cash grab. Just to be 100% clear, I'm not happy about this. This may result in canceled projects and other corporate changes, and I am not disillusioned to believe that these changes will be beneficial for gamers.

Link to Stock

Before you link none sense, know what you are talking about.

Every tech company stuck is dropping due to the Chinese Stock Market going down. This has an impact on all tech companies. EA, Ubisoft, activion-blizzard stocks have been going down since a month, or a few months.

Nothing to do with the back-lash. I am mad at the Mobile Game as much as you, but don't try to find justification where it does not exists.

Deleted
    The sky is literally falling. Serve's them right for dumping on the PC owning majority D3 fanbase with a mobile-fone game.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Before you link none sense, know what you are talking about.

Every tech company stuck is dropping due to the Chinese Stock Market going down. This has an impact on all tech companies. EA, Ubisoft, activion-blizzard stocks have been going down since a month, or a few months.

Nothing to do with the back-lash. I am mad at the Mobile Game as much as you, but don't try to find justification where it does not exists.
    I haven't, read all my posts. There are multiple reasons for the drop, all tech is dropping, etc... I made this because ActiBlizz is dropping relatively more than the other tech. It's also dropping even though it was given a buy rating this morning. And as I said they have an earnings call, but this might be related to the earnings call because of Cod not meeting expectations.

Generally I believe all tech, especially video games companies are way over inflated right now, and are likely going to drop to a more reasonable level over the next few years.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You people are kidding right? Diablo isn’t the only thing blizzard owns people did the same thing with one of legions patch’s blaming the stock fall on a single patch ignoring all of the other blizzard products.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Except it was Activision's idea to make a mobile cash grab :P
    Source on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    November 8th is their earnings call.

A bunch of good news will wipe this away off of investors minds.

Link to Stock

.... I don't understand why you would assume that company changes would be bad for gamers. Simply because they are company changes? This is how supply/demand works. They misread the demand, now they scramble to meet the demand, because they want our money. The only way this works out poorly is if the management is so wildly incompetent that they legitimately don't understand why the customers are angry. If that's the case there really never was any chance for the current incarnation of Blizzard anyway, so there's not much to mourn.

It's been going down most of October. How exactly do you conclude it's the market reacting to DI?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Source on that?
    His own overactive imagination. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This whole thing does not make sense at all, Why not release a new D3 expansion or D4? that is what fans want not some mobile game.
    They don't care about what fans want. They care about that massive Asian P2W mobile market this game will cater to.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This whole thing does not make sense at all, Why not release a new D3 expansion or D4? that is what fans want not some mobile game.
    They are, but it will probably be years til its done. They went out too soon with project titan. It failed and they do not want to take that risk again