Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Will never play this. You could not even pay me to try it.

Sitting there with your fat fingers on your mobile, when next to you, you have a modern 1080p screen with a good desktop. No.

These games are made for china people commuting 3 hours in a train or India ppl who cant afford a desktop or console...pointless.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Just curious if anyone has not noticed that, as yet, Blizzard has not said how it will be monetised?

Interesting that they havent given any idea as to just how heavily it will be MTX ridden.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Will never play this. You could not even pay me to try it.

Sitting there with your fat fingers on your mobile, when next to you, you have a modern 1080p screen with a good desktop. No.

These games are made for china people commuting 3 hours in a train or India ppl who cant afford a desktop or console...pointless.

I'm not thrilled about it either, but I'm still going to try the game out and judge it from my personal experience. Just try it out on an android emulator and use a mouse/keyboard if playing it on a mobile is that horrible.

If I don't like it then I'll just watch a recap of the story on youtube and wait for D4 instead.

Holy racist bullshit Batman!

I know this is a necro, but its still ridiculous....

It doesn't even look like a blizzard game despite obviously trying to. The character designs and animations are way off. This confirms everyone's fears about it just being a blizzard-sponsored chinese mobile knock-off.

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    It doesn't even look like a blizzard game despite obviously trying to. The character designs and animations are way off. This confirms everyone's fears about it just being a blizzard-sponsored chinese mobile knock-off.
    Is Blizzard even developing it? I’m pretty sure the outsourced it.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Yeah it's made by chinese developers. There was still the hope that blizzard would exert some quality control or be more involved in development but to whatever extent that might have been the case it has seen little effect.

Hopefully this game bombs and they learn that people want blizzard games made by blizzard (and even that is something people are becoming skeptical of).

Yeah it's made by chinese developers. There was still the hope that blizzard would exert some quality control or be more involved in development but to whatever extent that might have been the case it has seen little effect.

Hopefully this game bombs and they learn that people want blizzard games made by blizzard (and even that is something people are becoming skeptical of).
    The sad part is that it’ll probably make a shit ton of money. People can and probably will downvote it without any precautions.

Development costs for these games are very low compared to “real” games and maintenance as well. The Chinese will also love it.

I’d love to have a good mobile game to play when I am bored at work so I’d love for Blizzard to actually invest time and money to develop a really good one. Sadly I don’t think Diablo Immortal is the game for me.
    Last edited by babyback; 2019-10-22 at 01:46 PM.

Not just by chinese developers, but chinese developers that are known among the Chinese community as producers of some of the worst, mtx-infested and greed-driven mobile games on the market, making them the EA of mobile. And since Actiblizz is what it is these days, it makes complete sense like how Disney gave Star Wars rights to EA.

Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post

Why is facts racist? Look up how transit works in China, its not abnormal for people on trains needing to kill 3 hours.

PS In india many have acces to phones, but cant afford a console or PC.

...Stop twisting peoples words with your leftist propaganda brain.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Holy shit...

This is still extremely disgusting to look at. I feel so bad for Diablo players.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Holy shit...

This is still extremely disgusting to look at. I feel so bad for Diablo players.
    The original that came out in China a few years ago doesn't look half bad for a random low quality phone game.

The "Blizzard" version still looks like a reskin of a years old low quality Chinese phone game.

Isn't it mostly reused assets from D3?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It's a joint effort, Blizz are probably doing the story and assets while the Chinese developer provides the engine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The original that came out in China a few years ago doesn't look half bad for a random low quality phone game.

The "Blizzard" version still looks like a reskin of a years old low quality Chinese phone game.
    What's the original game? There's a title that was thrown around when this was announced but that turned out to be a 3rd-person MMO style game.

Why is facts racist? Look up how transit works in China, its not abnormal for people on trains needing to kill 3 hours.

PS In india many have acces to phones, but cant afford a console or PC.

...Stop twisting peoples words with your leftist propaganda brain.
    It's equally a game for poor as shit Americans who can't afford a car or a computer and have to commute 3 hours to and from their dead-end jobs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

TBH, there's a lot of truth in what was said. Having been to China for a month last year, the gaming culture has spread on to mobile ARPGs and wifi is easily accessible on metro stations. I live in Canada and there's nothing remotely similar to that kind of culture here.

Mobile gaming was so apparant there that they even have stores in the mall dedicated to providing comfy seats, food and drinks just for people to play mobile games. I asked around where the internet cafes were in the city, and everyone (family, friends) pretty much said they were all but gone. There's ads for mobile games on the sides of buses, at the stations, all over the place.

When I was there, all I could think about was 'Why hasn't Blizzard done anything to tap into this market? Everyone's playing ARPGs on their phones'. And Diablo Immortal was announced, and I was like 'Oh, finally!', and everyone else in the western world bitched and moaned at not having Diablo 4.

Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's equally a game for poor as shit Americans who can't afford a car or a computer and have to commute 3 hours to and from their dead-end jobs.
    It's equally a game for people that are casuals and just plain don't know Diablo. Y'all can stop putting culture into this. Though, I'd be lying if I said this game wasn't primarily to China.

And you couldn't just have fucking reported him instead of necroing the damn thread? Good job......seriously....good, job =A=

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think the game will be solid, especially because of Netease who have a proven track record of making such games.

Blizz just dropped the ball massively announcing it at Blizzcon. They should have announced it at some other 3rd party event, not a bloody hardcore pc/console diehard fans event.
    Or at the same time they announce a new pc version
    19KbBmTBCvHyA3eHFhP8UCnbx2JoYA3az6

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It's equally a game for people that are casuals and just plain don't know Diablo. Y'all can stop putting culture into this. Though, I'd be lying if I said this game wasn't primarily to China.
    I was directly refuting the poster I quoted by saying that it could be a game equally for Americans as for Indians or Chinese people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What's the original game? There's a title that was thrown around when this was announced but that turned out to be a 3rd-person MMO style game.
    Endless of God released in China in 2016.