Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Holy shit...

This is still extremely disgusting to look at. I feel so bad for Diablo players.
    The original that came out in China a few years ago doesn't look half bad for a random low quality phone game.

The "Blizzard" version still looks like a reskin of a years old low quality Chinese phone game.

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    It doesn't even look like a blizzard game despite obviously trying to. The character designs and animations are way off. This confirms everyone's fears about it just being a blizzard-sponsored chinese mobile knock-off.
    Isn't it mostly reused assets from D3?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Is Blizzard even developing it? I’m pretty sure the outsourced it.
    It's a joint effort, Blizz are probably doing the story and assets while the Chinese developer provides the engine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The original that came out in China a few years ago doesn't look half bad for a random low quality phone game.

The "Blizzard" version still looks like a reskin of a years old low quality Chinese phone game.
    What's the original game? There's a title that was thrown around when this was announced but that turned out to be a 3rd-person MMO style game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Why is facts racist? Look up how transit works in China, its not abnormal for people on trains needing to kill 3 hours.

PS In india many have acces to phones, but cant afford a console or PC.

...Stop twisting peoples words with your leftist propaganda brain.
    It's equally a game for poor as shit Americans who can't afford a car or a computer and have to commute 3 hours to and from their dead-end jobs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    Holy racist bullshit Batman!

I know this is a necro, but its still ridiculous....
    TBH, there's a lot of truth in what was said. Having been to China for a month last year, the gaming culture has spread on to mobile ARPGs and wifi is easily accessible on metro stations. I live in Canada and there's nothing remotely similar to that kind of culture here.

Mobile gaming was so apparant there that they even have stores in the mall dedicated to providing comfy seats, food and drinks just for people to play mobile games. I asked around where the internet cafes were in the city, and everyone (family, friends) pretty much said they were all but gone. There's ads for mobile games on the sides of buses, at the stations, all over the place.

When I was there, all I could think about was 'Why hasn't Blizzard done anything to tap into this market? Everyone's playing ARPGs on their phones'. And Diablo Immortal was announced, and I was like 'Oh, finally!', and everyone else in the western world bitched and moaned at not having Diablo 4.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's equally a game for poor as shit Americans who can't afford a car or a computer and have to commute 3 hours to and from their dead-end jobs.
    It's equally a game for people that are casuals and just plain don't know Diablo. Y'all can stop putting culture into this. Though, I'd be lying if I said this game wasn't primarily to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think the game will be solid, especially because of Netease who have a proven track record of making such games.

Blizz just dropped the ball massively announcing it at Blizzcon. They should have announced it at some other 3rd party event, not a bloody hardcore pc/console diehard fans event.
    Or at the same time they announce a new pc version

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It's equally a game for people that are casuals and just plain don't know Diablo. Y'all can stop putting culture into this. Though, I'd be lying if I said this game wasn't primarily to China.
    I was directly refuting the poster I quoted by saying that it could be a game equally for Americans as for Indians or Chinese people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What's the original game? There's a title that was thrown around when this was announced but that turned out to be a 3rd-person MMO style game.
    Endless of God released in China in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Endless of God released in China in 2016.
    Cheers, people were saying it was Crusaders of Light which plays nothing like a Diablo game at all. Seems Endless God is a shameless Diablo ripoff, which is why it looks like Diablo: Immortal.