Deleted

MW Monk needs help plx

Greetings,

i recently rerolled to my MW Monk (was DPS for years before) and yesterday we killed Zek Voz Mythic. I had a ton of mana issues at around 40% HP as well as low overall healing but i honestly don't know why. Hopefully some people can push me in the right direction so i can improve a lot more.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=10

Thanks for your time in case you are looking into it

You hps is not that low. You can't have all 4 healers at max hps unless everyone slacks and take stupid damage.

If you have mana issue you can use more TFT for a free vivify instead of Rem.
    I'm pretty sure RJW is not that good for that fight. You hit a correct number of targets with it (good), but it has 44% overheal... so not that efficient.
    Your mana tea usage is not optimal either, so work on that or switch for an other talent in the row.

Only one revival, and it was a bit low on healing. Work with your fellow healers but you should use it at least twice, 3 is easily possible if you use it during the very first rings (saving everyone mana), then it's available right on a phase when you have rings+adds at the same time, and then it's up again at the very end of the fight.

This is more of a personnal advice and a sidenote, but i think MW (and disc) are really good at handling the rolling deceit (dot) debuff on this fight, by using envm (+maybe statue). This will not skyrocket your hps, but "handling mechanics". Both of you MW are a bit low in this department (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...24true%24false). But well nobody died from it on the kill so ...

What's a bit surprising too is that the disc does most of the healing on the tanks, by a big margin (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&by=target). Again this is usually a strong role of MWs now.

edit: almost forgot but i see no chi burst healing, which is mana free and easily usable on that fight. You take mistwrap talent which is less healing most of the time, even when using envm a lot (it can still be usefull when you need that stronger single target healing)... which you don't do anyway, so that talent row is almost useless for you here.

You can "win" like 1.5M mana free healing from revival and chi burst use alone.
    Last edited by Caprix; 2018-11-06 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    Greetings,

i recently rerolled to my MW Monk (was DPS for years before) and yesterday we killed Zek Voz Mythic. I had a ton of mana issues at around 40% HP as well as low overall healing but i honestly don't know why. Hopefully some people can push me in the right direction so i can improve a lot more.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=10

Thanks for your time in case you are looking into it
    hello there lets start with stats u have nearly 12% haste that is actually 0 contributing to your healing aim for not more than 5-6%
    you were missing a enchant at 1 of your rings
    your downtime healing wise so the time that you didnt cast any heals was nearly 58% take in consideration that that doesnt have anything to do with the activity time.
    your mana tea was used but the spells that you casted during mana tea time werent efficient mana wise so u gained just 9900 mana when you could gain 20k mana.
    you were runing spec wise with mist wrap and not chi burst (i guess u were afraid that you ll break cc) that was wrong position yourself right and you ll not break any cc chi burst is the way to go a free mana spell.
    Your trinkets are optimal but your azerite powers arent , overflowing mist isnt optimal go for a second titan or a second essence of font.
    cast your essence of font when there is actual damage and dont cast it on cd cast it only at 18 secs and not before.
    u dont use the best enchants but the cheap ones.
    U didnt prepot intellect.
    You could cast a second coccon.
    u could cast a second revival
    thats my 2 cent

10+ Year Old Account
    Pace yourself, you don't have to keep everyone topped off immediately. Use Mana Tea during periods of heavy damage and that's when you go all out. Ask for Innervate. Use Mana pot. Use TFT on Vivs and ReM only.

Zek is one of the more mana intensive fights in there simply because it's one of the longest fights with no real mana break transitions.

Edit: I also don't see any Chi Burst heals and see RJW heals. Get Chi Burst for that fight, it's a FREE AoE heal every 30s, better than the other 2 for raid healing (Mist Wrap is good for groups, but not so much for raids unless you just tank healing). RJW is garbo for pretty much every fight. Both statue or bird is a better choice that provide MANA FREE healing.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-11-06 at 10:01 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

RJW is basically just a way to scumbag up some aoe healing when you aren't mana limited; you should really go with statue, let the disc/shaman scoop up the rando group healing, and spot/tank heal with vivify

are you riven or miyako? miyako's renewing mist usage is pretty low, though he is using chi burst so I guess he's got that going for him

riven also doesn't have many azerite traits; it's not a huge amount of hps but just having a shield trait to two on the third ring is a few free percentage points

Deleted
    I am Riven. As i said i just rerolled so my Azerite is quite limited I could use 340 Armor instead of my355/370 though i am unsure as to how beneficial this might be.

Thanks so far for those replies, i read them and actually do see my mistakes now. Trying to improve on devourer next D:

Deleted
    I am Riven. As i said i just rerolled so my Azerite is quite limited I could use 340 Armor instead of my355/370 though i am unsure as to how beneficial this might be.
    A simple switch from Overflowing Mists to Laser Matrix on the head would instantly net you about 1-1.5% healing increase (and some bonus damage) without the need for new pieces (which would be better but rng can be a bitch to get better ones - i speak from experience...)

Otherwise most of the obvious things have already been said.

rjw, chi burst, mana tea and your downtime (this one is the biggest flaw but may just be attributed to lacking mana due to rjw) have all been said already

Some additional tips for someone who has also rerolled to monk this add-on

Jade statue is a really easy to use tool for beginners. It does not really cost mana, in the worst case you can just use it on a tank as a "fire & forget". This will not net you the highest hps but enables you to learn the other stuff better while still being really good (Your monk tank is the ideal target due to stagger). In most boss rooms you can even position it so you do not have to replace it later on.

Get in the habit of using your cds more often. Not only revival but also life cocoon (which is less of a tank cd and more of a lay on hands type of spell to be honest).

Use your movement tools. You have two rolls and a port. You used a roll twice in an 8 minute fight.... This allows you to get out of the stuff faster allowing you more casts. Especially roll during the circles (I prefer normal roll here as chi torpedo's range is a tad too big for this) and if you get the rolling deceit just port outside and roll back in. Tiger's lust has the additional benefit of removing the add slow on you or a dd.

Use your def cds. Sure, this does not really push you higher on the hps chart but seeing as your guild still had 10 wipes on zek'voz you are not really in a position where you should push for logs but rather help your guild defeat the encounter overall. Damage you mitigate with def cds does not need to be healed by you or another healer in which case the heal can go to somebody else or save you mana for a more critical phase. I'd also use diffuse magic as around 95% of all damage taken in raid encounters is magical. Hell, if you really wanna see your hps a little bit higher then use healing elixier (I would NOT recommend this but if you only look at hps, it is the highest option). The main point is using those defcds

Use coastal surge. Yes, technically the navigation enchant can be better depending on your stats but coastal surge is entirely passive and does not depend on how good you play or spell usage. This is a very minor point however.

Deleted
    Great write up and thanks for that. Still looking to improve so it is very welcome.

I used Jade Statue on our rekill and mostly did the fire and forget on tanks (though i missed ti switch at every tank swap due to lack of experience, meh) and i am starting to use it in m+ as well. It's a great tool tbh which i will continue to use where it is apropriated.

Using my CDs was one thing i had to improve and i did just thatover the last week. Runing a lot of m+ helped me due thatand get a feeling for them so i think i kind of resolved that issue.

Movement tools i am using where it's due. On the rings i mostly did not use them due to my positioning. I mostly just had to side step or did stutter steps during GCD to position myself. I try to not rely on them due to them locking me out of spells for aprox 1 GCD. Might just be me though^^. Using my TP is something i have issues with still. I mainly forget i have it in the thick of the fight. When i got the debuff on Zek i was thinking "Ok, TP... wait a second..). Need to practice that more so it becomes second nature.

I used Chi-Wave during Zek and was wondering why this was recommended. Then i realised: Yeah... Chi-Burst is not Chi-Wave. German client and stuff, will use Burst from now on^^.

The thing with the enchant is, that while i had it, 50%+ went into overheal which made me think it may just be not such a good enchant. Still quite unsure on that matter to be honest.

Deleted
    Movement tools i am using where it's due. On the rings i mostly did not use them due to my positioning. I mostly just had to side step or did stutter steps during GCD to position myself. I try to not rely on them due to them locking me out of spells for aprox 1 GCD. Might just be me though^^. Using my TP is something i have issues with still. I mainly forget i have it in the thick of the fight. When i got the debuff on Zek i was thinking "Ok, TP... wait a second..). Need to practice that more so it becomes second nature.
    I'm not telling you to roll on every single circle, but it can be really beneficial. The problem with only moving the two steps lies with the eye beams. Space is limited and having the overlap shorter can be beneficial. Again, I'm not saying that your approach is fundamentaly wrong or that you can only move using roll/port.
    I however deem it highly unlikely that roll would have only been useful twice in an 8 minute fight. I rerolled from shaman heal so you can believe me when i'm saying i underutilized roll and especially port at first, too.

The thing with the enchant is, that while i had it, 50%+ went into overheal which made me think it may just be not such a good enchant. Still quite unsure on that matter to be honest.
    If you plug that specific Zek'voz log into the peakofserenity spreadsheet you get something like this:

https://imgur.com/a/Rnnoi6l
    Deadly:288 HPS
    Coastal: 622 HPS

So technically, you only need coastal surge to provide less than 54% overheal in order to be better. Yes, it can be iffy to know which would actually be better but that is not what i'm trying to argue. Yes you can be unlucky with procs and overheal a lot, sure. But if shit really hits the fan I'd rather have the enchant which has the higher hps ceiling without me needing to play accordingly in that specific moment.

Strong def cd (both mitigation and cooldown values) and mobility are a strenghs of MW. At first glance this is some personnal only utility but you can use it to make the life of wheelchair or fragile classes easier.
    Especially on zekvoz when beam and circle overlap, or circle and dot debuff. You can very easily go far away to leave more room for your teammates, stand in shit to leave the pool away, stand in shit to leave room for your teammates...