Voidform Modification Talent NYI

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=199312...ion-talent-nyi
    This is on live client since legion. What are the odds of something ever coming out of this? I guess zero.
    Any info on Blizzard's track record of NYI talents present on live (i.e. whether they usually get implemented or scrapped)?

No idea about any details of that, but there is something to the idea of a100 level talent that gets rid of voidform activation and instead just allied you to spend insanity on void bolt.

That would just make it another builder/spender, but there are plenty of people calling for that.

Would change the play heavily like CoP did, and having that option was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack27 View Post
    No idea about any details of that, but there is something to the idea of a100 level talent that gets rid of voidform activation and instead just allied you to spend insanity on void bolt.
    Void Bolt, Void Torrent, Void Eruption all make excellent Insanity Spenders.

Build with Shadow spells (DoTs, Mind Blast, Mind Flay/Sear, SWD), Spend with Void spells

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

Build with Shadow spells (DoTs, Mind Blast, Mind Flay/Sear, SWD), Spend with Void spells
    OK, the following are totally subjective uninteresting personal playstyle preferences. Read with caution:

Builder Spender = "YOU CAN'T CAST THAT NOW!"

I find builder spender systems to be annoying due to their nature in limiting a player's abilities.

For some reason I like decision making games more.

Such as, all abilities are available and not depending on a resource all the time, however you need to make synergy decisions according to the situation.

This also leads me into the following:

Planned Gameplay = "MEMORIZE THIS SEQUENCE, COMPUTER"

Also I don't like long plans, such as "at 1:57 into the fight you will cast salvation". Or such as "you need this 75 second rotation to do max dps".

Shorter plans work great for my taste. Such as "You have 55 seconds to do damage, here are your tools. Some have CD's, some are spammable. Some buff other spells." GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    OK, the following are totally subjective uninteresting personal playstyle preferences. Read with caution:

Builder Spender = "YOU CAN'T CAST THAT NOW!"

I find builder spender systems to be annoying due to their nature in limiting a player's abilities.
    Well honestly, my plan with Insanity would be, slightly similar with what you seem to have proposed in another topic :

Resource : Insanity
    - Range 0-1000
    - +0.5% damage per insanity point
    - A threshold set at 750 to not overpass (+37.5% damage at 750, +25% at 500)
    - If you cross the threshold, you go into Voidform, putting the "Insanity damage" at a fixed value (+50%), but draining Insanity until 0.

Build insanity with Shadow spells (DoTs, MF, MS, MB, SWD)
    - MB as a reference generates ~50-100 insanity. SWD 100-150.

Spend insanity with Void spells:
    - Void Bolt : high damage, high insanity cost (equivalent to MB's generation), no cooldown
    - Void Torrent : very high damage, spell with cooldown (~20-30sec), high insanity cost, with additional flavor features, for example: All your Spenders can be cast while casting Void Torrent at no Insanity cost.
    - Void Eruption : high AoE damage, high insanity cost (2x MB ?), no cooldown
    - At least one utility spell, a Shadow Covenant-like (Disc) or a defensive Void-bubble to make good use of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNSZ475N2Q

Talents that impacts your gameplay :
    (100) - Legacy of the Void : raises the threshold to 900 Insanity and Voidform's bonus damage to 65%. (for more streamlined damage, bonus to Voidform to keep it relevant)
    (100) - Surrender to Madness : Increases Voidform bonus damage to 100%+. While in Voidform, your spenders now generate Insanity (at 50% rate?) and have a 4/6-second cooldown. You cannot enter in Voidform for the next 2-3 minutes, otherwise you die. (Voidform as simili-DPS-cooldown, for people who enjoy the minigame "stay in Voidform as long as possible").
    (100) - No idea for a third one yet :P

(15) - Fortress of the Mind (or Mindbender?) : casting VoidBolt on an enemy affected by both VT and SWP increases the damage and insanity generation of the next 2 spells by XX%.
    (45) - Dark Void and Shadow Crash merged together (seriously...)
    (90) - Lingering Insanity : The first time you damage an enemy, gain Lingering Insanity for 30 seconds, increasing your Insanity generation by 50% and reducing the Insanity drains from Spenders by 50%. Cannot occur more than once every 2 minutes. (to shorten the "ramp-up phase" at beginning of the fight and after each Voidform)

With something like that, I feel like you could chose what to do.
    - Play within the 700-750 range (or 850-900 if LotV) to benefit from your streamline damage
    - Proc Voidform if there is a priority target on which you'll need that extra damage, at the cost of lower DPS for the few seconds after Voidform ends
    - LotV if you prefer streamlined damage over spike bursts, S2M if you enjoy that sweet insane DPS window. But, on the contrary to today's SP, you'd have no penalty if you decide to remain out of Voidform.
    - Possibility to burst like a dumbass with 3xVoidEruptions or 7xVoidBolts (no cooldowns) in a row if you want to, at the cost of consuming all your Insanity, thus lower DPS afterward.

The only thing I can't figure out is what to do with non-S2M-Voidform. In this state, it nearly prevents you from using Spenders (as it will drain Insanity at an insane *haha* rate, negating its benefits).
    Maybe add to the Voidform :
    - Your builders don't generate Insanity (except if S2M is talented?). You lose X insanity per second (fixed rate).
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-11-08 at 05:23 PM.

@Ophenia
    I think this needs something more to prevent you from using the void bolt a million times in a row, this doesn't feel good. Maybe give it a chance to make next mind blast deal more damage, be guaranteed crit or something like that, or add one more single target insanity spender (e.g. Devouring Void - deals X damage over 6 seconds and causes your void bolts to heal you for Y% of damage dealt, 6 seconds cooldown).
    And I think with something like that, you could safely make voidform let you use spenders for free.
    As for Void Torrent, I think that casting while channeling should be left as an unique feature for mistweavers. What I think would be great:
    Void Torrent: Consumes your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch to deal X% of (up to 16 seconds of remaining duration of SW: P + up to 21 seconds of remaining duration of VT) damage over 4 seconds. Your next Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch (Misery: Vampiric Touch) deals Y additional instant damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    @Ophenia
    I think this needs something more to prevent you from using the void bolt a million times in a row, this doesn't feel good. Maybe give it a chance to make next mind blast deal more damage, be guaranteed crit or something like that, or add one more single target insanity spender (e.g. Devouring Void - deals X damage over 6 seconds and causes your void bolts to heal you for Y% of damage dealt, 6 seconds cooldown).
    Well, I think this VoidBolt has a self-limitation. I mean, you could use it one million times in a row if you want, but that would drain your Insanity quickly, and after that VoidBolt frenzy, you'd be at 0 Insanity thus nerfing all your incoming damage. So you can, if you want/need, but at a price: you'll have to face that ramp-up again before dealing acceptable damage once again
    Regarding Devouring Void, I thought about that, but that starts to add one shitton of spells and that will be counterproductive I think.

And I think with something like that, you could safely make voidform let you use spenders for free.
    Indeed, but baseline Voidform should add the Cooldown to VoidBolt/VoidEruption then (instead of being a S2M specificity).

As for Void Torrent, I think that casting while channeling should be left as an unique feature for mistweavers. What I think would be great:
    Void Torrent: Consumes your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch to deal X% of (up to 16 seconds of remaining duration of SW: P + up to 21 seconds of remaining duration of VT) damage over 4 seconds. Your next Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch (Misery: Vampiric Touch) deals Y additional instant damage.
    I don't think this "casting while channeling" is a Mistweaver specificity. I was seeing this more like the Fire Blast from Fire Mage, which can be cast during all your other casts.
    But I like your idea. That meets my view of Void Torrent, which could be a "special" spell, interacting with whatever else from the spec.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-11-09 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

So it would be basically balance druid. With less instant casts and less utility

- Void Torrent (channeled unlimited duration) drains 20 insanity per SECOND and increases your haste by 3% per TICK (1 tick per second before haste) as long as your are channeling. Void Torrent can only by used at or above 80 insanity (60 with Legacy of the Void talent) and it extends your DoTs by 1 second per tick.
    - Legacy of the Void talent also increases all damage done while channeling Void Torrent by an additional 10%.
    - Mastery increases all damage done while channeling Void Torrent and insanity generation by 12%.
    - Void Eruption as a talent adding an AoE component to Void Torrent.
    - Surrender to Madness causes your next Void Torrent to channel on the move, 200% faster, and drain 50% less insanity but then reduces your insanity generation by 50% for 30 seconds after the channel is finished.
    - Lingering Insanity talent causes the haste bonus from Void Torrent to end by 3% per second rather than immediately.
    - Dark Ascension generates 50 insanity and deals up to x Shadow damage based on your current insanity; deals more damage the more insanity you have (1 min cd).
    - Auspicious Spirits to take the place of Void Torrent in the talent tree and Void Eruption becomes a talent in place of Auspicious Spirits.