Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update

Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update
    Blizzard has updated the Zandalari Troll and Kul Tiran race options.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections:

• Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks.
    • Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.

This wasn't an error in communication. You just realized after the fact that your judgment was a bit lacking and so you changed some things.
    This was simply what it is, an error. We posted one thing on the website and one thing in the slides at the panels. This was a misalignment on assets so we're correcting that now. It happens.

5+ Year Old Account
    Excellent news tbh, I prefer them make races more lore friendly than just slapping classes on that make little sense.

They're just making this shit up as they go now. Very reactionary

Honestly, for gameplay reasons, it would be better to just release race/class restrictions, they're so oldschool.

I could believe the Warlock thing was a miscommunication. But the Mage was definitely them flip flopping, Alex even said there was debate on whether or not it should happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Alex Afrasiabi said he would do his best to argue in favour of KT mages, I doubt that one was omitted by accident. Zandalari locks added by accident maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I could believe the Warlock thing was a miscommunication. But the Mage was definitely them flip flopping, Alex even said there was debate on whether or not it should happen.
    Yeah, this.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Dont make more out of this than it is. Be happy you get to play as mages and thats that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    There is no excuse for such an obvious error to have made it to the stage at something as huge as Blizzcon
    This post reeks of entitlement. People make mistakes, people have opinions, people change their opinions. Is nothing ever good enough for you people? Disgusting.
    Last edited by Todesbote; 2018-11-06 at 10:31 PM.

Incoming ****storm. Also really on the no Zandalari warlocks?? What are the Zandalari demoniacs then? WHATEVER. I got Zandalari paladin and I don't care anymore!

Zandalari having no connection to the fel is kind of silly I think. They did in the background lore, but even if that's retconned a race doesn't need any special connection to the fel to be Warlocks; off the top of my head, Gnomes, Worgen, Goblins and Darkspear Trolls cannot be argued to have any connection yet can be locks.

KT mages is probably them responding to criticisms, but there was no reason for them to not be so that's good.

Deleted
    Hey Blizzard, hey, do you know about Demoniacs? You know, the sect of Zandalari Warlocks YOU CREATED?

Deleted
    Still no news about gnome druids? I'm disappointed. It should have been fixed years ago, but because of misalignment on assets gnome druids are still not playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    Excellent news tbh, I prefer them make races more lore friendly than just slapping classes on that make little sense.
    I liked the idea that Kul Tiran tidesages were shaman instead of mages, as Jaina had to leave Kul Tiras to become a mage. Though I would be asking why did they set up a Night Elf Paladin storyline that lasted from Warlords into Legion if they still can't be Paladins

So, Kul Tirans not being mages was lore consistent by their own omission but they decided “fuck it lol.”

Isnt Zul a Warlock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit lol now they can't even get race/class combos right when they announce them. AT BLIZZCON

Deleted
    Confused as to why Zandalari warlocks are so outlandish considering they have demoniacs?

Even if you want to argue that demoniacs aren't direct parallels to warlocks, they're undeniably connected to fel magic. Sounds like utter nonsense to me and just an attempt at trying to have parity in class numbers rather than abiding by lore.

I can understand the kul tiran wizards there area LOT of kul tiran mobs running around casting mage spells with mage pets and then you have jaina so clearly there is some capability for it there. The zandalari one I can see either way they have some capability for it as shown by zul's followers but it does not look like other than zul there are any really obvious warlocks or warlock support in the main zandalari areas so I guess that makes sense. And they got paladins and have 9 options for class which is I think more than any of the other allied races so not a lot there to gripe about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Confused as to why Zandalari warlocks are so outlandish considering they have demoniacs?

Even if you want to argue that demoniacs aren't direct parallels to warlocks, they're undeniably connected to fel magic. Sounds like utter nonsense to me and just an attempt at trying to have parity in class numbers rather than abiding by lore.
    This is exactly what it is. People were crying because Zandalari got so many classes and because Kul Tirans didn't get mages - so they cut one of the Zandalaris and gave mages to Kul Tirans.

And now they're trying to sell us that this was the plan all along, as we have always been at war with Eurasia.

Deleted
    "The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks."

What fucking fel magic??? Warlock has 1 fucking green spell. Fucking monkeys.

WoW community is so fucking toxic. It's not even about Blizzard screwing up or having a history of fucking up over time. It's simply dog shit people poking at the WoW team. They're given a platform to speak out, and because..... REEEEEE... freedom of speech.. they fear no consqeuences for being an awful human being. Both general forums and mmo-champion are toxic sess pools.