Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    It was all planned all along. They implement this abomination of a leveling patch in 7.3.5 at the end of Legion to offset the drought before the new expansion, making everything take more time so you have to do it more for heritage armor. Now new expansion is out, new allied races are here, and since we get no outdoor zone in 8.1, we just get leveling actually fixed and returned to pre-7.3.5. values (or very close to, atleast) and now everyone's happy and faith in Blizzard has been restored.

Wonderful plan, really.
    Plenty of people welcomed that patch as they thought levelling was too easy, too quick and not punishing enough.

It was obviously going to blow back at Blizzard, it always does when they react to the desperate, wannabe hardcore crowd who are always desperately outraged about one thing or another (normally its exactly the same thing they asked for 6 months previously).

Guess it is time to level my remaining 110's until 8.1.

My heritage farming characters will wait until then
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-11-11 at 07:40 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    A-Mei-Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    What the hell is even the point now?

I, like some, agree that leveling can be a fun experience and I enjoyed earning those levels. Calling ding in a guild chat, getting new awesome abilities. Learning to use them in your rotation. So many amazing things can happen from leveling, you get to see the world that Blizzard made, raiding and pvp put you in an instanced area, separate from the actual worlds.

I want to see the moving landscape, the people about my server leveling, the liveliness of a massive open world that nearly anything can happen at any time. The craziest and coolest things have happened to me in the open world and ive seen so much, learned so much. World bosses are always the funnest, sometimes you get groups of random levels trying to take down some huge monster.

The game feels like its moving away from what I originally started playing in 2007. I always try to come back but nothing makes it stick and gives me that feel like I did up until just a few years ago. And now this, which I honestly enjoyed leveling and wanted to take my girlfriend through it and show her what I saw when I first started playing and the amazing things I experienced. Now its just going to be a one shot straight to 120 for raiding and standing around in Org doing NOTHING waiting for queues to pop.

Wow, such fun....
    the point is that unlike to popular belive hundreds of thousands of people level up alts on daily basis.

so ofc blizzard will continiue to tweak up leveling.

look how many people level up alts for heritage armour .

wont like - if it wasnt for the retarded 50 char limit per account i would have at least 20-30 alts on low levels consisting out of new races and slowly leveling them up . because its fun thing to do . (im honestly angry at them for keeping this limit - wont lie im at the point that i would even be willing to pay for more char slots on 1 account )

not everyone care only about endgame like people here in mmochamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Stretch treasure gathering in WoD til 107 so you spend less time in Legion
    what time in legion ? with 25% nerf of xp in 100-110 you will spend what ? 1,5 hour levelign though invasions if you are smart and dont need to do all leveling in 1 session .

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Good news indeed. But I'm going to miss levelling in Outland (yes, I'm THAT weird). Atm you complete Hellfire, Zangarmarsh and half of Nagrand/Terokkar and you are lvl 80
    Wait, what? I'll try this. All I know is I did skip Cata zones (which is only 5 levels) when I leveled my Void Elf rogue.

Hellfire Penn is one of the best zones to level in. So wide open. But I've done it on 12+ toons, I'm sick of it lol. I'll still do it with my Dark Iron shaman

That's silly,instead of making levelling faster,they should make it more engaging,the speed was fine before 8.1,maybe even a bit too fast,the issue is how easy and braindead levelling is right now

Maybe start with a large buff in mob damage,so that it's actually possible to die without going AFK during a fight

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    what time in legion ? with 25% nerf of xp in 100-110 you will spend what ? 1,5 hour levelign though invasions if you are smart and dont need to do all leveling in 1 session .
    Generally speaking, I always assume that when a person is playing an alt, that they're playing it instead of treating it like a garrison mission that they only check on once a day. But yeah, if you were to only log in during legion invasions, your absolute time /played in Legion would be much lower.

I was simply pointing out that if you don't like Legion, there are alternatives to spending time there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Hellfire Penn is one of the best zones to level in.
    If you're interested in raw leveling speed, TBC is literally twice as slow as WotLK zones. It might not FEEL that way, of course, if you're enjoying the nostalgia. But due to the quest layout and requirements, it's actually not a great place to speed-level.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    That's silly,instead of making levelling faster,they should make it more engaging,the speed was fine before 8.1,maybe even a bit too fast,the issue is how easy and braindead levelling is right now

Maybe start with a large buff in mob damage,so that it's actually possible to die without going AFK during a fight
    A 30-40 hour tax on getting to the current expansion is not "fine" in a game which completely disregards non-current content.

But you're right that simply cutting down the amount of experience is a poor fix. The leveling content should really have more relevance to level capped characters and be more engaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    much better? you hope this smooths things?
    you are the reason public things suck and stupid

its not much better, its quicker
    and its not going to smooth things, they're not gonna spread butter on your fingers.
    It is better.

When leveling content is virtually meaningless, cutting down on the amount of time it takes to slog through that meaningless drag is a good change.

In order to REALLY address the problems with leveling, Blizzard would have to completely overhaul the entire experience. And that's something they're not likely to do any time soon. So....just reducing the exp cost is a decent change.

And honestly, if you want to take your time and enjoy stopping to smell the roses, then take off your heirlooms and turn off experience gains when you reach the level appropriate for each zone.

This is excellent for 2 reasons for me; it means I can acquire Mag'har heritage armour somewhat faster, and I can level a Feral Druid to 120 faster (I like cats).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Plenty of people welcomed that patch as they thought levelling was too easy, too quick and not punishing enough.

It was obviously going to blow back at Blizzard, it always does when they react to the desperate, wannabe hardcore crowd who are always desperately outraged about one thing or another (normally its exactly the same thing they asked for 6 months previously).
    Problem is that most people don't want to go through tedious terrible and long leveling just to end up at level 120 having nothing to do. People want some challenge in game that's not tied to the hardest end-game content, some challenge along the way, but to achieve that you need to overhaul the entire leveling system. My thoughts was they should just do a level squish.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

I leveled everything to content max back in wod when there was nothing to do. Sad that this doesn't really mean much to me barring a new non hero class. With having all specs available faction is about the only reason to have more than one of something and even that is a weak reason.

Wewt. I am all for this!

Is this better or worse than before they nerfed it? Either way you have to give Blizzard credit. Look at all the happy people they get from giving back somthing they took away not long ago. Well played Blizzard!

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is so inconsistent on setting XP needed to level. It goes up, it come down, it goes back up again etc.. Here's a solution: make XP requirements higher but give altoholics a trinket item that does +30% xp per quest and get rid of heirlooms.

Wow thank you blizzard for going back on something absolutely ridiculous and money-grubbing that you changed, what a fantastic company. Praise u <3 You always have such fantastic ideas, truly the best.

I have this very weird feeling that you'll change exp again at the start of an expansion in 2 expansions time to sell boosts and to prolong the riveting experience that is WoW levelling to keep people subbed for pointless busy work

Just like you artificially make alchemy materials difficult to farm and expensive at the start of both Legion and BFA to sell more WoW Tokens.

Cancer ass company, hope these shitty decision makers that intentionally do this shit get a collective brain aneurysm.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2018-11-13 at 01:21 AM.