Does our moderator read our posts and advocate for our concerns

Just wondering.... Shaman have been repeatedly told to post their ideas and concerns on the forums and we have been doing so since BFA Beta testing and they seem to go no where. Now 8.1 is coming and the PTR changes, at least for resto, are very underwhelming. To wait 3 months for this while our healing friends are kicking our butts with throughput and with utility makes me feel so frustrated. The current CH + HT changes are a start but not near enough. We need a flat HPS buff, a tank CD, an "oh crap" heal or at least make HTT heal for a nice hit initially then heal over time too. Chain heal is too slow and costs too much mana to make the current PTR changes something I'd want to embrace. With those being the only buffs, it almost feels like being forced into a certain rotation and play style. Loss of Gust of Wind to some BS mage class fantasy buff is also a load of dung because they didn't worry about our class fantasy when mages were given timewarp. I'd like to know when Ragnarocket has read our posts even if he just says "read and acknowledged". I'd like to feel our suggestions and feelings are being taken into consideration and not just "we know best" mentality is happening in the background. I'd like for their to be a special shaman advocate appointed to the dev group because we always seem to be thought of last and it's happened for several xpacs in my 14 years. Something has to be done and suggestions on this forum seem to go nowhere.

Ragnarocket, do you read these posts, do you have any power, do our ideas go anywhere, is the shaman group on the dev's radar for something NOW, not in another 3 months? Why does this happen every xpac? Who is our alleged shaman person at the dev table? I'd like a name and how to contact that person. We have a lot of smart people among us with great suggestions. There's a wonderful reddit article that discusses the needed changes called 8.1 Shaman Community Feedback. Has anyone with the power to do anything bothered to read it? Can we not please have just lip service but actually action? Has anyone seen the poor shaman representation in M+ and arenas now? What is being done about it? Why can't we play the class we'd like to play and not be so ridiculously uncompetitive on average? Is there any light at the end of this never-ending tunnel for resto? Not 3 months from now? As someone who has paid for 1 to 2 subscriptions and a great deal of other Blizzard services and as a paying customer, I'd like some accountability and some answers. You say to post on these forums, so I am posting. Please respond or get us the person who can.... and by the way, when exactly was the last time we saw a blue post on the shaman forums? I think it's time with the overall outrage.
    Last edited by Shamalamadingdong; 2018-11-07 at 09:33 PM.

You know these aren't the official WoW forums right?

You could have better luck going to worldofwarcraft.com and posting your concern there.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamalamadingdong View Post
    Just wondering.... Shaman have been repeatedly told to post their ideas and concerns on the forums and we have been doing so since BFA Beta testing and they seem to go no where. Now 8.1 is coming and the PTR changes, at least for resto, are very underwhelming. To wait 3 months for this while our healing friends are kicking our butts with throughput and with utility makes me feel so frustrated. The current CH + HT changes are a start but not near enough. We need a flat HPS buff, a tank CD, an "oh crap" heal or at least make HTT heal for a nice hit initially then heal over time too. Chain heal is too slow and costs too much mana to make the current PTR changes something I'd want to embrace. With those being the only buffs, it almost feels like being forced into a certain rotation and play style. Loss of Gust of Wind to some BS mage class fantasy buff is also a load of dung because they didn't worry about our class fantasy when mages were given timewarp. I'd like to know when Ragnarocket has read our posts even if he just says "read and acknowledged". I'd like to feel our suggestions and feelings are being taken into consideration and not just "we know best" mentality is happening in the background. I'd like for their to be a special shaman advocate appointed to the dev group because we always seem to be thought of last and it's happened for several xpacs in my 14 years. Something has to be done and suggestions on this forum seem to go nowhere.

Ragnarocket, do you read these posts, do you have any power, do our ideas go anywhere, is the shaman group on the dev's radar for something NOW, not in another 3 months? Why does this happen every xpac? Who is our alleged shaman person at the dev table? I'd like a name and how to contact that person. We have a lot of smart people among us with great suggestions. There's a wonderful reddit article that discusses the needed changes called 8.1 Shaman Community Feedback. Has anyone with the power to do anything bothered to read it? Can we not please have just lip service but actually action? Has anyone seen the poor shaman representation in M+ and arenas now? What is being done about it? Why can't we play the class we'd like to play and not be so ridiculously uncompetitive on average? Is there any light at the end of this never-ending tunnel for resto? Not 3 months from now? As someone who has paid for 1 to 2 subscriptions and a great deal of other Blizzard services and as a paying customer, I'd like some accountability and some answers. You say to post on these forums, so I am posting. Please respond or get us the person who can.... and by the way, when exactly was the last time we saw a blue post on the shaman forums? I think it's time with the overall outrage.
    ....Yea - clearly you're lost. No, Blizzard employees are not posting on an unofficial fan-run forum in any official capacity, so.... pissing up the wrong tree here, bud.

Moderators here are just that. Moderators. They make sure people are behaving, that's it. They're not (necessarily) prominent community figures like theorycrafters or top raiders, who are the ones who in some cases do have some contacts at Blizzard.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean...I have no political sway. At all. I have my own personal views and concerns about Shaman and it doesn't always align with the community and sometimes it does. I'm really just a person who is here to make sure we don't devolve into yelling obscenities at each other and making sure we have a positive dialogue. The title of moderator is just one that lets people know that we're making sure things don't get crazy around here. In addition I'm only about 2 weeks old as the Shaman Moderator.

That said - I have to make a bit of a mod call here and close this thread. Posting about Moderator behavior is generally a no-no and I don't see this thread contributing to most Shaman discussion. I'm more than willing to discuss views on Shaman as they currently stand, hopes and dreams, and reactions to PTR buffs (or lack thereof...*cough Enhancement*) just like the rest of you do in other threads or even in private messages and such.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”