Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.1 - Demonology Warlock Changes, Play with the Blues, Waycrest Manor Secret

[UPDATED] Diablo 4 Announcement Pulled from Blizzcon, Kotaku Writes

Hearthstone's 100 Million Players Celebration - Login For Free Packs and Gold Quests!

Patch 8.1 - Demonology Warlock Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In the current build up on the PTR (Public Test Realm), a few changes were made to the Demonic Consumption level 100 talent:

• Any imp that the Demonic Tyrant consumes now has a chance to grant you the Demonic Core buff. If your Tyrant consumes six imps when summoned, you have six individual chances to get a Demonic Core buff applied to you.
    • The damage buff to the Demonic Tyrant from consuming the Wild Imps is now much higher.

One additional note about the Demonic Tyrant:
    • In an upcoming build, the Demonic Tyrant will also extend the duration of any demons summoned from the Nether Portal level 100 talent.

Play with the Blues - Nov 8
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We're planning another testing session for the new Darkshore Warfront coming in Tides of Vengeance, and would love for you to join us!

Tomorrow, November 8, beginning at 4 PM Pacific time (7 PM Eastern), we'll be queuing for the new Warfront. As with previous tests, we'll be making a couple PTR-only changes: there will be special queuing tables set up in Orgrimmar and Zandalar, and any character level 110 or higher will be able to participate.

Additionally, there are a couple of changes to the Darkshore zone that we've enabled for testing purposes which we'd like to clarify. All of the Darkshore World Quests are currently active on PTR, and both factions are able to loot the treasures scattered around the zone. After release, only the faction that currently holds the zone will be able to loot the treasures, and only a handful of the World Quests will be enabled at any one time.

We hope to see you tomorrow evening!

WoW Secret Finding Discord Discovers Music Secret in Waycrest Manor
    The WoW Secret Finding Discord has discovered the musical easter egg in Waycrest Manor that was mentioned during the Immersive Sounds of Azeroth Panel at Blizzcon.

• 5 pipe organs afflicted by drust magic are found throughout Waycrest Manor.
    • Walking near them spawns a witch that you need to kill.
    • Lady Waycrest will become angry and play a discord chord on her organ when you kill one.
    • After you have killed all 5 witches and cleared the instance, return to "The Grand Foyer" at the entrance.
    • After a few minutes music from other Blizzard games will begin to play!

The music plays a loop of 6 familiar tracks.

Diablo Immortal Wiki
    If you are interested in Diablo Immortal, our friends over at Gamepedia have created a wiki!

Last edited by chaud; 2018-11-08 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    If you are interested in Diablo Immortal
    Haha nice joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Yanthir84 View Post
    Haha nice joke!
    Bet it makes more than d3 did for them
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Weather or not the game makes money was never in question, the game is guaranteed to make money hand over fist.

When their market is 12-30 year old Chinese males (hundreds of millions of people) then yes, they will make a lot of money on MTX. This isn't an indicator of anything other than the most incel demographic on the planet

Diablo Immortal is fine...
    I dont understand why anyone has a problem with mobile games? How does this effect D4, which was all but announced months ago?

I understand being like "blizzcon sucked" cuz the announcements sucked, but that doesnt mean this game is somehow garbage because of that, or shouldnt exist. It also doesnt mean blizzard is somehow failing or flopping.

The kids crying bout wow just needed something new to cry about because 8.1 might leave them with less to bitch about, and the internet *fucking needs its hate boner*.

Sure, the comment about them putting their "best devs" on mobile is pretty shitty and if that results in all of their games going to shit, then I'll be right there complaining. But all this entitled bullshit fake outrage is nauseating. So fucking embarrassed to be a gamer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerokin View Post
    Weather or not the game makes money was never in question, the game is guaranteed to make money hand over fist.
    Then you laughing about the "interest" is pretty pointless. You know they can't make money hand over fist without it, right?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmalta View Post
    I dont understand why anyone has a problem with mobile games? How does this effect D4, which was all but announced months ago?

I understand being like "blizzcon sucked" cuz the announcements sucked, but that doesnt mean this game is somehow garbage because of that, or shouldnt exist. It also doesnt mean blizzard is somehow failing or flopping.

The kids crying bout wow just needed something new to cry about because 8.1 might leave them with less to bitch about, and the internet *fucking needs its hate boner*.

Sure, the comment about them putting their "best devs" on mobile is pretty shitty and if that results in all of their games going to shit, then I'll be right there complaining. But all this entitled bullshit fake outrage is nauseating. So fucking embarrassed to be a gamer these days.
    Good to know that there are people who still have a fully functioning brain.
    Thank you sir. If only the community had more people like this.
    Instead of the high percentage of morons we have now.

Then you laughing about the "interest" is pretty pointless. You know they can't make money hand over fist without it, right?
    First, if you noticed who you were replying to, you'd see that I wasn't the one laughing. Second, the interest in the west is more than likely going to be pretty low, but the west was never the intended market for Immortal. It's the eastern market, namely the Chinese, that they were going for. These kinds of games make ludicrous amounts of money over there, and Immortal is not likely to be any different. The major issue with this whole thing was that the made a strictly business decision to create this game, and chose to announce it to the market that they were aware had no interest in it. The presentation was for the investors and the shareholders, not the people at Blizzcon.

the diablo immortal fiasco on the blizzcon was a warning for all other game producer..

in the end for the pc game development was this a good and necesssary accident!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2018-11-08 at 07:10 AM.

oh boy a wiki for the trolls to vandalize

While I completely agree that these days wow doesn't have it's best community, I completely disagree on Diablo Immortal being fine. It's not even Blizzard's game, it's just a reskin of NetEase's Endless of God reskin. There is a very good article at Forbes describing what's wrong with Diablo Immortal without anything toxic and stuff like that - https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#3f5d60bc145a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD4GbGmvNRc

Wow. It's been a long time since I've heard this soundtrack. So much nostalgia, so pure.

It's a shame this Blizzard died a long time ago. I bet the current chiefs wouldn't even recognize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerokin View Post
    when i sold one echoing fury for 250€, i received 211,65€ (1€ transaction fee for paypal, 37,35€ transfer fee for blizzard i assume). that money wasn't one or two, no, it was nearly three months of game-time in wow.

and i would reckon that a lot of 250€ items went over the table and god damn, i miss those days. only had two of those sales, the rest mostly 3-5€ an 10-35€ sales. but it was something to work and play for in the vanilla d3 days where inferno was hard. teamed up with my gf and had a few nice months running through zones and hoping for a legendary drop (without the gorgeous and nowadays inflationary used beams).

i would even trudge through the current gem if i could earn money with it. so sad.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am actualy excited for Diablo Immortal. Really missing those days I could spend an entire afternoon sitting in my toilet playing snakes on my nokia

The World of Warcraft clip says to watch it on YouTube because the owner of the video has disabled it for playback on other websites. The person who posted the video on YouTube has the moniker Likesmecookies. Can you find another source, Chaud?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are interested in Diablo Immortal, our friends over at Gamepedia have created a wiki
    for all three of you!

inb4 horde bias because they only put up queue tables in org and zandalar

7+ Year Old Account

Yes it's a total embarassment to be a member of the community that grew up playing challenging games made by gamers for gamers instead of playing reskin chinese microtransaction low quality gameplay game. It's totally embarassing to attack the company for trying to make a quick buck by reskinning a chinese by-the-numbers game and demand that they do something with the franchise that didn't get a single worthy update since 2014 (unless you count 1 class OMEGALUL).

The game will 99% be garbage because it doesn't have its heart in the right place. Because it's just a soulless reskin made to milk kids off their parent's creditcards. Because it's not a game that fans will sink their teeth into. Because mobile gaming sucks by default.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

10+ Year Old Account

It 100% has to do with the time and place of the announcement. If Blizzard announced Diablo 4, even just a teaser, after the mobile game announcement then there would not be this shit storm. You have to understand this, right?