Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah. Void Elves will be the 3rd@120)most popular race for Alliance soon. People love the elves. And that is ka-ching for blizz.
    The more reason to keep adding allied races, but it needs to be something popular. I'd guess from the top of my head Highmountain Tauren don't get as much popularity, because despite great racials, playing a cow was never super popular. That's why I expect Zandalari will be a much bigger hit. Especially with paladins, adding paladins to Tauren that was already one of the least popular races together with goblins and such, so probably didn't change a lot.

One reason why they might not add vulpera is they're looks wise something between a goblin and a panda, and none of these races are strikingly popular.

Most popular horde races were Belfs (already got Nightborne as allied race), Orcs (got Mag'har) and Forsaken (room to add something?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera (H) - Sethrak (A) checks off Goblin and Worgen ARs
    Undead Elves (H) - Junker Gnomes (A) checks off Undead and Gnome ARs

After that? I dunno.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Sethrak.

Vulpera (H) Sethrak (A)
    Forsaken Elves (H) Junker Gnomes (A)
    Anyone that thinks Sethrak are going Alliance must be fairly delusional. Horde interact with them about 10x as much as the Alliance, and they are allied to the Horde already through the Zandarlari.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    If theres more forsaken, it will be the light variant. Elves are very unlikely... unless they finally decide to add high elves as well.
    Yup. I can see undercity being the home of the normal undead and lordearon home of the "light" undead. After an undercity revamp of course, but I think thats a way off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The more reason to keep adding allied races, but it needs to be something popular. I'd guess from the top of my head Highmountain Tauren don't get as much popularity, because despite great racials, playing a cow was never super popular. That's why I expect Zandalari will be a much bigger hit. Especially with paladins, adding paladins to Tauren that was already one of the least popular races together with goblins and such, so probably didn't change a lot.

One reason why they might not add vulpera is they're looks wise something between a goblin and a panda, and none of these races are strikingly popular.

Most popular horde races were Belfs (already got Nightborne as allied race), Orcs (got Mag'har) and Forsaken (room to add something?)
    Yeah, Zandalari seems extremely popular. They be earnin 50 euros from me mon. + Time for leveling for Heritage

Seems very popular indeed, and it might be why they can be all classes but one, while Kul Tirans doesn't seem to have the same buzz.

I don't know about the Forsaken, but adding undead Elves got potential. I know some people say no more Elves, but they sell, so why wouldn't they right? That's why I didn't believe mechagnomes would be an Allied Race, but they will be relevant to the story, and Blizz said in an interview that there will be no Allied race before 8.2. Which is the patch mechagone releases. But the potential to make a lot of money of a gnome and goblin(the irony) allied race seems slim. So from an economic view, something else would make more sense.

But hey, it's not all about the money
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-11-09 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    Anyone that thinks Sethrak are going Alliance must be fairly delusional. Horde interact with them about 10x as much as the Alliance, and they are allied to the Horde already through the Zandarlari.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. I can see undercity being the home of the normal undead and lordearon home of the "light" undead. After an undercity revamp of course, but I think thats a way off yet.
    The alliance save an important member and a precious artifact of them. I don't think the Sethrak will go to the same faction the Vulpera go to. There has to be some conflict.
    So, yes, i don't see any problems for Sethrak to go alliance. It is highly likely, sorry to say. They seem inspired on the worgen model as well, wich also gives it credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Seems very popular indeed, and it might be why they can be all classes but one, while Kul Tirans doesn't seem to have the same buzz.
    Indeed, Horde asked a long time for their races to stop being hunchbacks and they're getting it in the form of Orc customization (for both types of Orcs) and Zandalari Trolls.

Now did anyone on Alliance ask for more fat races? Whoever didn't want to play a slim race already had Dwarves and Pandas to choose from.

One good thing about Kul Tirans is that maybe this new rig could be reused to give playable Ogres to the Horde, as we can already see on Orcs, Pandas and Kul Tirans the female rig will always try to support hourglass figure, so no, I don't think female Ogre model would be a flesh version of Therazane.

Afaik Kul Tiran model was based on new Rexxar model rig (or the other way around), so if it fits for half-Ogre Rexxar it could fit a full fledged Ogre race.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Indeed, Horde asked a long time for their races to stop being hunchbacks and they're getting it in the form of Orc customization (for both types of Orcs) and Zandalari Trolls.

Now did anyone on Alliance ask for more fat races? Whoever didn't want to play a slim race already had Dwarves and Pandas to choose from.

One good thing about Kul Tirans is that maybe this new rig could be reused to give playable Ogres to the Horde, as we can already see on Orcs, Pandas and Kul Tirans the female rig will always try to support hourglass figure, so no, I don't think female Ogre model would be a flesh version of Therazane.

Afaik Kul Tiran model was based on new Rexxar model rig (or the other way around), so if it fits for half-Ogre Rexxar it could fit a full fledged Ogre race.
    Yeah, I wrote few weeks ago that I could see mechagnomes being released with Half-ogres. Both are older races do to speak, we have heard about them before. So in a setting where they want to release a new pair of Allied Races, it would make sense to release something that share a story or similarities. They are both old races, and they have been talked about by the community for many years now.

Same as DI Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs. Both well known races(or sub if you like) and people have asked for them for a good while. They just made the story for them, and voila, now they are playable.

I wish Kul Tiran could have the option of being a thin one. I don't think that would be hard to implement as an option. You can removed the hunch on Orcs now, why not a toggle for big and thin Kul Tiran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wants money, players want allied races. The two go hand in hand especially since there is very little work to do on already existing races. As someone else said, simply add every allied race, it does absolutely nothing but add variety and make the world feel much more alive and giving players a slightly more unique character for themselves.

Add all of these in pairs every content patch:
    Ginyu
    Raventusk trolls
    Ogres
    The half breed ogre/orcs like rexxar
    High elves
    Wild hammer
    Hozen
    Tortollan
    Tuskar
    Sanlayn
    Vulpera
    Sethrak
    Junker/Mecha Gnomes
    Gilblins
    Ironforged Dwarves
    Frostbourne Dwarves
    Vykrul

They are all part of the alliance and horde already, there’s lore, there’s character models, it’s all in place. Simply add them and it’s the easiest cash grab Warcraft can do. Hell I have 1 character per class and without a doubt I’d race change a majority of them to these races. Just like I did for darkiron/void elf.
    Last edited by Ateo; 2018-11-09 at 04:40 PM.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    The alliance save an important member and a precious artifact of them. I don't think the Sethrak will go to the same faction the Vulpera go to. There has to be some conflict.
    So, yes, i don't see any problems for Sethrak to go alliance. It is highly likely, sorry to say. They seem inspired on the worgen model as well, wich also gives it credence.
    You musn't have played the Horde side as the Vulpera and the Devoted are now working together along with the Zandaralari . Two promoninent members of the Zandaralari are guarding both their racial leader and their God.

You really are grasping at straws here.

Im not bothered either way, but to say the evidence points to Alliance Sethrak is pretty laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Blizzard wants money, players want allied races. The two go hand in hand especially since there is very little work to do on already existing races. As someone else said, simply add every allied race, it does absolutely nothing but add variety and make the world feel much more alive and giving players a slightly more unique character for themselves.

Add all of these in pairs every content patch:
    Ginyu
    Raventusk trolls
    Ogres
    The half breed ogre/orcs like rexxar
    High elves
    Wild hammer
    Hozen
    Tortollan
    Tuskar
    Sanlayn
    Vulpera
    Sethrak
    Junker/Mecha Gnomes
    Gilblins
    Ironforged Dwarves
    Frostbourne Dwarves
    Vykrul

They are all part of the alliance and horde already, there’s lore, there’s character models, it’s all in place. Simply add them and it’s the easiest cash grab Warcraft can do. Hell I have 1 character per class and without a doubt I’d race change a majority of them to these races. Just like I did for darkiron/void elf.
    If I recall correctly, the revenue from race changes hasnt actually been that great. Based on the figures alone I would predict that Allied Races are going to be kept to BFA. Which would lead to ( I hope) proper races once again.

I feel like if there were going to be more, they would have been talked about at blizzcon. with the 1.5 patch we are getting KT/Zandalari and the in the 2.5 patch we are getting updated worgen/goblins. So it seems it's set in how it will be for this expansion. They might have two new races to tie us into the next expansion though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    You musn't have played the Horde side as the Vulpera and the Devoted are now working together along with the Zandaralari . Two promoninent members of the Zandaralari are guarding both their racial leader and their God.

You really are grasping at straws here.

Im not bothered either way, but to say the evidence points to Alliance Sethrak is pretty laughable.
    The horde can't have 2 allied races and the alliance none. Story can be made up. Alliance saved their leader and their sacred artifact. That is a hell of a favor. And since the alliance doesn't interact with the Vulpera, that's that. Only one choice.

If not late this expansion, early next expansion, I would expect paid for Allied Races. Or if Blizz was feeling really saucy, paid for allied races that you would still have to unlock.

The horde can't have 2 allied races and the alliance none. Story can be made up. Alliance saved their leader and their sacred artifact. That is a hell of a favor. And since the alliance doesn't interact with the Vulpera, that's that. Only one choice.
    Don't worry I'm sure there is more vanilla af variations of Human for you to unlock.

I think the devs are realizing they can incorporate a lot of cosmetic features on the current races, rather than creating new "races" which are the same thing. Consider the golden eyes on Blood Elves, the mentioned High Elf features coming to Void Elves, and just guessing maybe Wildhammer style tattoos on Dwarves. They're probably kicking themselves for not just doing that in the first place after all the anger the unlock feature of Allied Races has created, and the fact that they are all sitting around 1% of the population.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    As far as I understand it, allied races will be limited to BFA only as they stated it was a "expansion-wide feature" that MIGHT get iterated upon later.
    But Blizzard doesn't have a good track record of re-visiting systems and usually leaves them behind in the expansions that they're introduced in.

Which leads me to believe they'll just fill the Allied races roster and then be done with it. For wildhammer dwarves or dark rangers I think they'd rather do extra customization for existing races like blood elves and dwarves.

You sure? I'm pretty sure we got almost twice the # of allied races that we expected.

I'm down with it, the mag'har scenario was a great surprise, but the important thing is that they add something by being there and look visually distinct enough. (sorry high elves and wildhammer)

I do hope they, upon seeing races that aren't quite distinct enough for an allied race, add to player customizations to make up for it instead. (Blue eyed blood elves, please, I would drink the sweet bitter tears for weeks)

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting a few more honestly. Character choice and customisation has always been a big part of this game especially with Transmog now existing and from my PoV Allied Races are great and I have a lot things that I think are possible is some unlikely. Potential 8.1/Blizzcon Spoilers.

So to jump into things;

99.9% Chance of Happening
    Mechangnomes (A) and Vulpera (H)
    Since the start of BFA the Vulpera have been updated with a plenthora of customisation options and unique animations to bring them to an extremely high quality model. They work with the Horde and are attacked by the Alliance in 8.1 giving them the perfect moment to join the Horde. As for Mechagnomes, the 8.1.5 Raid has High Tinkerer Mekkatorque in an unknown state. With 8.2 bringing Mechagon and Mechagnomes, we've seen lots of details to indicate they are more than NPC's as hybrid gnome/robot, but not quite the full mechanicals expected.

Potential Races
    Lightforged Undead (A) - Mentioned in Before the Storm novel. Hints in 8.1 of being introduced with mentions of Calia in game.
    Sethrak (H/A) - More interaction with the Horde through their quests. Not that many options of customisation between genders.
    Mok'nathal (H) - Rexxar bringing his half-orc kin into the Horde always seems appropriate.
    Wildhammer Dwarf (A) - Already aligned with the Alliance, these would be less adventurous than the Dark Irons but the same can be said of LF Draenei and HM Tauren.

Additional Customisation

Undead Variant on Blood Elves to fit the Dark Ranger option.
    Forsaken Model with full skin (see Chinese Forsaken Model)

Elephant in the Room
    High Elves (A) - Exist in multiple Alliance outposts, most recently Boralus and Stromgarde as well as the Silver Covenant. Could have strong relevance with 8.2 Naga and conflicts between Elves. Potential options for customisation equal that of LF Draenei and HM Tauren (skin, tattoo, hair styles, eyes) so can be different enough to be considered.

Speculation

Forsaken Human (H) - Similar to Nathanos, human model with death theme/colours
    Botani (?) - Seen in the Mag'har Recruitment Scenario, they have a strong potential to counter the Saberon.
    Saberon (?) - Seen in the Mag'har Recruitment Scenario, they have a strong potential to counter the Botani.
    Arakkoa (?) - Very unique in Broken and High Forms.
    Broken Draenei (A) - Nobundo as recruiter.
    Vrykul (A) - Human variant based on history.
    Jinyu (A) - Original Allied Race from MoP that is already part of the Alliance. Concepts from 8.2 showing a potential Deep Sea variant
    Hozen (H) - Original Allied Race from MoP that is already part of the Horde.
    Furbolg (A) - Unsure about customisation and potential with these and lack of female model.
    Tigon (A) - Lion men essentially, saw some really good concepts for these on the forum at one point that looked cool. Worgen as base model, similar to Saberon.
    San'layn (H) - Allied with the Horde. Unlikely due to 8.0 War Campaign Alliance side.

Not Happening

Ethereal (Expansion), Ogre (Size/Expansion) Tortollan/Tuskarr/Naga (Rig/Hostile or Neutral)
    Last edited by Dristereau; 2018-11-10 at 02:58 AM.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Did I say that? Horde does the whole Temple of Sethralis storyline LORE wise. Im saying both Vulpera and Sethrak are more Horde allied than Alliance. That doesnt mean I think they will be allied races however, not every new npc race HAS to be an allied race.

I dont even think Sethrak will be a playable race at all. But they are Horde allied, call me when their literal God and Leader start to chill with Humans. Until then its Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Has anyone seen anything ANYWHERE that talks about adding pre-BFA races into the factions at all (excluding the 4 from legion)?
    Dark Iron Dwarves have already been added.

About the wildhammer, while they have a defined identity, there is a huge problem. Wildhammer are already included in the current dwarf race. They just need to add a tatoo option to the character creation. Why? Because the Dwarf Shaman is a wildhammer already. If you look at their totems, they have the griffon feather. Shaman was added to the dwarf race because of the wildhammer and it would make little sense to pull it out now.
    Two years ago, I would have agreed with you. Now we live in a world where Lightforged Dreanei are a thing. Frankly, it would be insulting now if Ironforge Dwarves were given Wildhammer tattoos.

Plus, Ironforge Dwarves weren't mages or warlocks at first because that was a Dark Iron thing. If they can be given Dark Iron classes, yet Dark Irons could still be made an Allied Race, then the argument that Dwarf Shaman precludes a Wildhammer allied race is invalid.