Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

The invasion from Mexico

So I noticed now that the election is over the powerful invasion force coming from Mexico that was SUPER in important has kinda disappeared from Republican media. I wonder.. was the caravan really ever a threat or was it just an example of state run media like Fox News pushing big governments agenda?

I think so. What does everyone else think.

It was propaganda and nothing more.

This whole thing has been a giant PR stunt for Trump and the GOP.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    What does everyone else think.
    I think Trump got publicly shamed for ordering US Military to discharge automatic weapons into a crowd filled with unarmed refugees and children. After that, he lost interest.

I am sure it was dealt with in a manner that was fiscally responsible and adhered to family values.

But it wasn't a stunt! President I-Put-Kids-In-Concentration-Camps said so!
    A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your base has the intelligence and attention span of a hamster you can easily get away with anything, as is proven time and time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This whole thing has been a giant PR stunt for Trump and the GOP.
    Yep, a waste of millions of taxpayer dollars and the waste of the time and resources of the US military all as a PR stunt to rile his base.

But Obama spent a hundred billion dollars a day steaming gold plated battleships to India!!!!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yep, a waste of millions of taxpayer dollars and the waste of the time and resources of the US military all as a PR stunt to rile his base.

But Obama spent a hundred billion dollars a day steaming gold plated battleships to India!!!!
    I cannot say I am surprised. Such a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well, hopefully the families of the thousands of troops at the border, remember why their family isn’t together on thanksgiving.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It was never a threat.

Even Fox News said it was 2 months out and likely wouldn't even make it here. Despite efforts of republicans to literally try making it into a biblical plague.

I was told that the migrants would "magically" make it to the border just in time for the vote but here they are, still hundreds of miles away.

I was told that the military needed to be on the border to "defend" the US from a few thousand unarmed, hungry, thirsty, exhausted, scared migrants coming to seek asylum.

I was told this was one of the biggest threats to the US.

Guess it was all just racist, xenophobic lies and a whole lot of waste money (FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY) mobilizing troops for a campaign stunt to try to gin up fear to get Trumps racist base out to vote.

And now that the election is over and these migrants can't be weaponized as a campaign issue they're back on the back burner. Because they were never anything more to Trump and Republicans than a political tool that they could use. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I was told that the migrants would "magically" make it to the border just in time for the vote but here they are, still hundreds of miles away.

I was told that the military needed to be on the border to "defend" the US from a few thousand unarmed, hungry, thirsty, exhausted, scared migrants coming to seek asylum.

I was told this was one of the biggest threats to the US.

Guess it was all just racist, xenophobic lies and a whole lot of waste money (FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY) mobilizing troops for a campaign stunt to try to gin up fear to get Trumps racist base out to vote.

And now that the election is over and these migrants can't be weaponized as a campaign issue they're back on the back burner. Because they were never anything more to Trump and Republicans than a political tool that they could use. Ever.
    Obviously Trump magically found a way to build the impenetrable wall before they reach the border, and Mexico is still paying for it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see you fell for the MSM lies! The truth is obvious, the Democrats sent down a fleet of buses and brought all the migrants to Texas to vote for Beto O'Rourke (the only reason he even got close!) then bused them back down there to continue walking for the border.

There's really no other explanation. /s

So I noticed now that the election is over the powerful invasion force coming from Mexico that was SUPER in important has kinda disappeared from Republican media. I wonder.. was the caravan really ever a threat or was it just an example of state run media like Fox News pushing big governments agenda?

Obviously the event was used by both sides in the election.

And as a point of fact, the caravan is from Honduras, not Mexico. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Centrist View Post
    Obviously the event was used by both sides in the election.
    How did Democrats use it? Because as far as I could see the general strategy from Democrats was not to take the bait, because this was purely bait, and to just stay on message and at most call out the president for his incredibly racist ad.

How did Democrats use it? Because as far as I could see the general strategy from Democrats was not to take the bait, because this was purely bait, and to just stay on message and at most call out the president for his incredibly racist ad.
    You must have had different ads where you live. /shrug

I found the president's ad to be deeply offensive. But I fail to see where racism comes in to play. The people of the caravan are of a different race than the president. That's just a fact. But, saying he is against them coming here, ONLY because their race, is a faith based statement, not a factual one.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Pure state-run media propaganda. It's not even on the news feeds anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Centrist View Post
    But I fail to see where racism comes in to play. The people of the caravan are of a different race than the president. That's just a fact. But, saying he is against them coming here, ONLY because their race, is a faith based statement, not a factual one.
    Given his comments on "shithole" countries. Given his praise of "great" countries like Norway. Given his hostility towards Muslims (specifically brown Muslims). Given his routine demonization of migrants and immigrants. Given his policy of kidnapping children from their parents, both those crossing illegally and those who were legally seeking asylum, without an plans to reunite them.

Yes, it's racist. Yes, he's a racist.