Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    And what specifically is that lore?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    And what specifically is that lore?
    Go look it up. I'm not spelling out the lore when that wasn't my claim. My claim is the lore still exists because they have NOT retconned Yojamba Isle. Kinda hard to prove that something wasn't retconned because they moved after Cataclysm. Proving it wasn't retconned would require every page on the internet Blizzard puts out.

So just google Demoniac WoW and read the Wowpedia. The wowpedia claims it might have been retconned based on faulty evidence which states that they weren't seen in MoP which means nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    If you cared about the lore you'd know demoniacs were more akin to demonhunters. Warlocks are about summoning and enslaving. Demoniacs are about allowing possession from a demon and trying to control it from within, like a demonhunter.
    This. Yet neither are included. One or the other has a place in Zandalar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    dont you think you are being disingenuous yourself when you outright dismiss Blizzard's answer because you dont like it?
    It felt like a rushed thing and I'd like to hear more about it! It just felt dismissive and I'd have liked if we have the chance to talk more to the blues about it. It'd have been awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Hope your petition fails.
    I'm sorry that you think like that but it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Go look it up. I'm not spelling out the lore when that wasn't my claim. My claim is the lore still exists because they have NOT retconned Yojamba Isle. Kinda hard to prove that something wasn't retconned because they moved after Cataclysm. Proving it wasn't retconned would require every page on the internet Blizzard puts out.

So just google Demoniac WoW and read the Wowpedia. The wowpedia claims it might have been retconned based on faulty evidence which states that they weren't seen in MoP which means nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

This. Yet neither are included. One or the other has a place in Zandalar.
    Not really. Playable DHs are DHs under Illidan's wing. Er, wings. There's no place for demoniacs.

Not really. Playable DHs are DHs under Illidan's wing. Er, wings. There's no place for demoniacs.
    Races have their own starting experience. They could easily make Zandalari DH start as any other class. Does it really matter? Nope.

Races have their own starting experience. They could easily make Zandalari DH start as any other class. Does it really matter? Nope.
    DH abilities and their artifact stuff all surrounds the Illidari and their campaign against the Legion.

Not only that, but in order to have DHs start off at level 1 or 20, Blizz would have to rework the DH talent rows, as well as pick out what levels will grant new abilities and so on.

I do not consider a sole vendor from 14 years ago as cannon lore.

I do consider the deliberate lack of Zandalari Warlocks a retcon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    They have rogues, and warlocks exist in lore and are called ''Demoniacs'', if you cared about lore, you'd know this already.
    I mean you could scrape the barrel for obscure references and argue for any race/class combo.

LIGHTFORGED DRAENEI HAVE JEDHIN SO WHY NO LFD MONKS BLIZZ #unsubbed
    Kupo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post

Thanks for pointing that out.

This concept seems to have been retconned since vanilla. In Mists of Pandaria, demoniacs were one of the only professions not to appear among the Zandalari, contrary to haruspices for instance, and in Battle for Azeroth, Zandalari have a much more holy aspect to them. Blizzard stated that Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and therefore cannot play as warlocks.[4] The only Zandalari warlocks seen on Zandalar are outcasts and are considered traitors.[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If you cared about the lore you'd know demoniacs were more akin to demonhunters. Warlocks are about summoning and enslaving. Demoniacs are about allowing possession from a demon and trying to control it from within, like a demonhunter.
    It's also done by Warlocks via Grimoire of Sacrifice, and it matches fairly well with older Demonology Warlocks. Kanrethad's transformation (and the cult that followed him in Legion) are quite similar, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I mean you could scrape the barrel for obscure references and argue for any race/class combo.

LIGHTFORGED DRAENEI HAVE JEDHIN SO WHY NO LFD MONKS BLIZZ #unsubbed
    I mean, there is a Lightforged monk boss in the Dazar'alor raid next patch.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Any game or other citation where they explicitly say that warlocks are considered traitors or outcasts or that fel magic is forbidden? Just curious, because I leveled already 5 characters in Zandalar and didn't see any of this. I only saw that for the blood magic.
    You have to specifically look for "demoniac". You quite literally can't find any lore on zandalari dealing with the types of magic warlocks use.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Maybe Demoniacs will become an Alliance allied race.

It wouldn't be the first time the Alliance has gotten the edgy leftovers from a Horde race as an afterthought.
    Eh maybe lol. It would be more likely alliance would get blood trolls over a faction like demoniacs as they are so small in comparison.
    I am over here rooting for sethrak for alliance when horde get vulpera.

Deleted
    Trade monks for warlocks if they don't want zandalari to be 10 classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It's also done by Warlocks via Grimoire of Sacrifice, and it matches fairly well with older Demonology Warlocks. Kanrethad's transformation (and the cult that followed him in Legion) are quite similar, as well.

I mean, there is a Lightforged monk boss in the Dazar'alor raid next patch.
    no it does not
    grimoire of sacrifice would sacrifice the demon to gain its power allowing them to be a stronger caster

demonics were more like warcraft warlocks which allowed them to posses their body as said "they allow a demon to enter their being. Rather than let it possess them though, they enslave the demon from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command."

But we cant go off warcraft logic, because warcraft had warlocks summoning spiders...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Thanks for pointing that out.

This concept seems to have been retconned since vanilla. In Mists of Pandaria, demoniacs were one of the only professions not to appear among the Zandalari, contrary to haruspices for instance, and in Battle for Azeroth, Zandalari have a much more holy aspect to them. Blizzard stated that Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and therefore cannot play as warlocks.[4] The only Zandalari warlocks seen on Zandalar are outcasts and are considered traitors.[5]
    The first part has been directly from Blizzard's statement but the second part should be under "Speculation".

And Warlocks appeared in MoP just not called Demoniacs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    The first part has been directly from Blizzard's statement but the second part should be under "Speculation".

And Warlocks appeared in MoP just not called Demoniacs
    And they were part of the outcasts.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Za%27roco_the_Grifter

There's a Zandalari warlock NPC in Vol'dun that you have to kill that casts corruption ffs.

If you don't play a warlock why do you care about this matter? Like seriously, what is your problem? I see a lot of non locks and specifically non Horde players just rambling and talking shit in here. Just gtfo already. This doesn't concern you. Aside from spewing uninformed idiotic hate, you're not contributing to anything here.

You don't want Zandalari Warlocks, we get it. For whatever reason that is. Good for you. Now piss off and leave us be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And they were part of the outcasts.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Za%27roco_the_Grifter
    If you notice the warlock spells he is casting are shadow which is the warlocks main school of magic. ALWAYS has been. Not Fel. It would be nice if Blizz devs remember that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    There's a Zandalari warlock NPC in Vol'dun that you have to kill that casts corruption ffs.

If you don't play a warlock why do you care about this matter? Like seriously, what is your problem? I see a lot of non locks and specifically non Horde players just rambling and talking shit in here. Just gtfo already. This doesn't concern you. Aside from spewing uninformed idiotic hate, you're not contributing to anything here.

You don't want Zandalari Warlocks, we get it. For whatever reason that is. Good for you. Now piss off and leave us be.

- - - Updated - - -

If you notice the warlock spells he is casting are shadow which is the warlocks main school of magic. ALWAYS has been. Not Fel. It would be nice if Blizz devs remember that.
    No, shadow is not the main school of magic for warlock.
    fel, fire, and shadow are its main schools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I'm thankful for your comment. I just wanted to do something nice for fans of the Zandalari and the Warlock class like myself and it quickly got super negative and I was just wondering at this point if I've made a mistake... .-.

It is obvious that members of the Zandalari race have the possibility, lore-wise, to become Warlocks. This is evident by the number of Zandalari demoniacs and shadow users we find.

However, I do understand their reasoning. Warlocks do not fit into the Zuldazar culture normally. It seems that practicing fel or unhonorable forms of combat result in becoming an outcast or being heavily shunned. I don't think they would be commonplace enough to become a playable class.

If I got to choose their classes, I wouldn't see Rogue or Monk fitting either, unfortunately.

While I really wish Blizzard would lean to the thinking of "If it's possible at all for a race to become this class, it should be available," sadly with their logic of "Only if these classes fit the race best then it should be available" Zandalari warlocks do not seem to work out fully.

Which is unfortunate to the many people hoping to play a Zandalari Warlock, but maybe someday Blizzard will change their attitudes about class/race combos.