Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    There is only one think Blizzard really cares nowadays, money. If enough of you state at official forums you will race change your locks to zandalari they won’t see any lore or technical problem, they will only see your 25€ flying to their cofers and will click the switch. Use their greed to get what you want.

Post here too, essentially point out the "lore reason" is obviously contrived and wasnt true beforehand

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769559677#1

I can't wrap my head around this. Sorry
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    There is only one think Blizzard really cares nowadays, money. If enough of you state at official forums you will race change your locks to zandalari they won’t see any lore or technical problem, they will only see your 25€ flying to their cofers and will click the switch. Use their greed to get what you want.
    It's sad but probably true...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    Post here too, essentially point out the "lore reason" is obviously contrived and wasnt true beforehand

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769559677#1
    I'd totally love to join the discussion but sadly I play on EU so I cannot, that's still an amazing thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    It's sad but probably true...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd totally love to join the discussion but sadly I play on EU so I cannot, that's still an amazing thread!
    ooo, make on on EU then. Rally support in your lock forums

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    ooo, make on on EU then. Rally support in your lock forums
    Yes we have some threads going on! for example this

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=6#post-101

and this, which branched from the official blue post

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=3#post-53

There's more but they are smaller compared to these, but they keep popping up!

Honestly I'm thankful for your comment. I just wanted to do something nice for fans of the Zandalari and the Warlock class like myself and it quickly got super negative and I was just wondering at this point if I've made a mistake... .-.
    No, you didn't make a mistake at all. We live in a crazy world full of mean spirited people.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    If I had my way they shouldn't be rogues either because they don't want to use shadow magic.
    Rogues using "shadow magic" is like Warriors using pixie dust. It's not really cannon outside some dumbass nu-Blizzard dev's headcannon.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no it does not
    grimoire of sacrifice would sacrifice the demon to gain its power allowing them to be a stronger caster

demonics were more like warcraft warlocks which allowed them to posses their body as said "they allow a demon to enter their being. Rather than let it possess them though, they enslave the demon from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command."

But we cant go off warcraft logic, because warcraft had warlocks summoning spiders...
    It's fairly self-explanatory that in order to gain the power of the demon by sacrificing it, they somehow take that power into themselves. Fairly similar in design to taking the soul of a demon into yourself to gain their power. According to the Illidan novel, demons have to be sacrificed/killed in order for the Demon Hunter to take their souls.

While it's not an exact 1:1 to the way demon hunters and demoniacs do it, that doesn't really matter as far as classes. The rules are extremely loose as far as class-race fantasy in WoW. It's not like Zandalari Prelates and Priests worship the Naaru, since they get their powers from the Loa - Wild Gods that were once empowered by Azeroth's blood long before the first civilization. Tidesages are somewhat between Shamans and Frost Mages - we otherwise see very few shamans and mages in Kul Tiras. Highmountain druids weren't represented at all in Legion (only mentioned in history with Vydhar), yet they could be druids immediately when they were playable, despite only having one (perhaps two) Wild Gods in Highmountain from which to get their forms.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    They have rogues, and warlocks exist in lore and are called ''Demoniacs'', if you cared about lore, you'd know this already.
    the description of that sounds like they're closer to being DH's. according to wowwiki the demoniacs "seem to have been retconned since vanilla."

but maybe with enough pressure, they'll reinstate warlocks for zandalari? like they're giving high elf customization options to void elves
    Last edited by Sundreamer; 2018-11-10 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, shadow is not the main school of magic for warlock.
    fel, fire, and shadow are its main schools.
    Shadow Magic has been the staple of Warlocks in game since 2004. Yes, in time they've been expanded. But anyone that's been playing a warlock in WoW for this long will tell you the same. Your answer reflects today's 3 specs, but that's not how Warlocks started in game at all. You'd know that had you played that long, but that's not the problem. The problem is your know it all attitude. I guess it's your generation.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting people harping on about wanting zandalocks when you already have troll warlocks, and that both the alliance and horde each have 6 races that can be warlocks.. Yet for some reason to some people out there that it is just not good enough, they are never satisfied and well all I can say is the entitlement in this thread is over 9000..

I mean I suppose one could whinge, bitch, moan and stamp ones feet like a two year old in a toy store, till Blizzard give in and to shut these people up give them their precious zandalocks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I find it interesting people harping on about wanting zandalocks when you already have troll warlocks, and that both the alliance and horde each have 6 races that can be warlocks.. Yet for some reason to some people out there that it is just not good enough, they are never satisfied and well all I can say is the entitlement in this thread is over 9000..

I mean I suppose one could whinge, bitch, moan and stamp ones feet like a two year old in a toy store, till Blizzard give in and to shut these people up give them their precious zandalocks..
    There can be many reasons why people want Zandalari Warlocks! It can be due to loving the race and class combination. It can be for aesthetic reasons, it can be because they identify with the race, for RP reasons or simply because they want more options!

Zandalari are also highly antecipated mostly due to the male model which people generally seem to appreciate better because he stands up straight and transmogs look better on him.

Zandalari and Darkspears are both trolls but they are still different, they have a different charm, different culture and different attributes. It might not come out as super important for some people but to others it is important that they find something in their character that they personally identify with, which is exactly why games with diverse races and customizations are so popular!

This is something people really want and it would definitely not harm the game or Blizzard for the matter. Every race or faction change is more cash for the company, and I've seen people in the official blizzard forums who have literally faction changed in antecipation for Zandalari Warlocks.

What we come down to is the fact that different people value different things in the game and it might be hard to understand from our own perspective but they are valid regardless.

PS: Oh yes also some people want more variety when you comes to Allied races options! In this moment only Nightborne can be Warlocks on Horde side and people would like another option, specially because the Nightborne haven't pleased some people on an aesthetic level. I personally love them but I can understand what people are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    No, you didn't make a mistake at all. We live in a crazy world full of mean spirited people.
    Thank you, I appreciate your kindness!
    Last edited by mmocd3e6616559; 2018-11-10 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same could be said about the Arcane that is also a volatile corrupting force if used the wrong way, yet the Zandalari actively seeked knowledge about it from the Mogu. The only form of magic actively condemned by the Loa is Blood Magic.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form but yet you apparently felt obligated to give such a response.
    If there is one thing I've learned, if people don't like something...even if it doesn't affect them, they'll fight it like a rabid dog for no other reason but to keep someone else from getting what they hope for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post

Aggrievement and entitlement are two of the banes of current society... the parents of the current generation failed to impart on their children that society does not in fact owe them anything and that life isn't always fair. That failure is spotlighted in the folks that are demanding (even if its politely) their Zandalari warlocks and refusing to accept that Blizzard said no.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow petition threads and call to arms. Closing this here.

CLOSED.