Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would definitely put an alliance alt in Vengeance Landing in Howling Fjord, that place you're left off at the boat. The panoramic view of the dam and surrounding cliffs is one of the most breathtaking places in WoW to this day.

Depending on how long you intend to be on the alt you don't even really need the mailbox if you have katy's stampwhistle.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-11-11 at 03:02 PM.

Stonard for Horde and Aerie Peak for Alliance. They feel iconic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I like to change darnassus back to before its destruction and hang out near the (central(ly located)) bank. Not very unique but most of the time there’s only a few lowbies nearby xD
    I used to like Darnassus, but the ambiance there was ruined imo by that bombastic soundtrack it was given in Cata. Vanilla's soundtrack fit soooo well...
    About the QoL crowd in Classic:
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    it's like joining a roleplaying server and demanding that rp only be done in private channels. Yes, the rp is still there, but your demands are actively ruining the rp experience of other players who wanted to play in a world where people act like their in-game characters personas. You know, the people the servers are actually made for.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    "The Garrison! So many wonderful memories!"

Well...........
    Alliance Garrisons, yes.

Horde mud huts, nah.
    8600K @ 4.8 | 1080 Strix | 16GB DDR4 3200 | ViewSonic XG2703-GS | Oculus Rift CV1
    WoW|Diablo 3|FF14|Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I would definitely put an alliance alt in Vengeance Landing in Howling Fjord, that place you're left off at the boat. The panoramic view of the dam and surrounding cliffs is one of the most breathtaking places in WoW to this day.

Depending on how long you intend to be on the alt you don't even really need the mailbox if you have katy's stampwhistle.

Gotta love that pic <3
    About the QoL crowd in Classic:
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    it's like joining a roleplaying server and demanding that rp only be done in private channels. Yes, the rp is still there, but your demands are actively ruining the rp experience of other players who wanted to play in a world where people act like their in-game characters personas. You know, the people the servers are actually made for.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I love you for this post right now.

Though I will always remember parking my half elf bard in cabilis without an illusion because I farmed those goddamn iksar footpads in field of bone forever...

and because I'm a glutton for punishment getting my iksar (sort of) into qeynos after blackburrow grinds.
    My main was a Tunare Ranger, full Tolan's yadda yadda..... the last time I logged in (I had started playing WoW), I said goodbye to my guild and ran to the PoG. As far as I know, the toon is till there? I don't know the retention policy.

Funny thing is, I installed FFXIV this weekend and I'm having an absolute blast being a noob once again, no idea whats going on, where anything is, etc. Even basic game systems are a mystery.

An MMO can never, ever, EVER recapture being new to a player. Which is not the fault of the MMO, it's a fact of life. Which is why I cannot see Classic WoW having legs. I mean I truly hope I'm wrong, I have no axe to grind... but I think it'll have a VERY small population pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    My main was a Tunare Ranger, full Tolan's yadda yadda..... the last time I logged in (I had started playing WoW), I said goodbye to my guild and ran to the PoG. As far as I know, the toon is till there? I don't know the retention policy.

Funny thing is, I installed FFXIV this weekend and I'm having an absolute blast being a noob once again, no idea whats going on, where anything is, etc. Even basic game systems are a mystery.

An MMO can never, ever, EVER recapture being new to a player. Which is not the fault of the MMO, it's a fact of life. Which is why I cannot see Classic WoW having legs. I mean I truly hope I'm wrong, I have no axe to grind... but I think it'll have a VERY small population pretty quickly.
    EQ is still there...you can always come back it's not a cult i swear *cough* Xegony rules *cough*

Before taking a long break at the end of TBC I parked most of my character in “not typically accessible” locations: IF airport, mountains overlooking Booty Bay, Kara crypts, old IF, etc.

Cata kinda diminished how special most of those locations were.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I like to change darnassus back to before its destruction and hang out near the (central(ly located)) bank. Not very unique but most of the time there’s only a few lowbies nearby xD
    I found the top of the building where Tyrande holds court has a great view. Nice white marble

As a Horde player? I love parking my alts in the Blue Recluse Tavern inside Stormwind. Nothing better than an ale and the occasional bar-fight.

I love it when Alliance players run passed, and then come back, like: "WTF, was that an ORC SITTING ON MY BARSTOOL? HELL NAW!!"