Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    So... Many... Hamsters... Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In a converted Ikea Detolf! :3
    Posts
    21,721
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    what do you do for gaming after you clear LFR/normal in 2 hours, for the rest of the week?
    If your playstyle is that narrow, then there are other things to do than WoW? Other games, other real life stuff...
    If your playstyle is NOT that narrow, then you can fill 8+ hours per day with WoW, no problem at all. Collections, achievements, professions/goldmaking, reputations, dungeons, PVP etc...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TStorm View Post
    Where do we get the demo, I thought it was going to be on the launcher.
    If you bought the Virtual Ticket, it should be an option where you choose which account to login to.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't know why people keep parroting that subs are "hemorrhaging" despite having 0 data to back it up. On our end literally nothing indicates that that is happening.
    ^^^ How sad for the crowd of incessant doomsayers!
    *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*
    *Currently busy with Banished and soon RDR2 so I might not respond very quickly to messages*

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I hope they learn from the demo and just have a handful of servers on release. I don't want a dead server one month into the game.
    One month, maybe two, is about as long as the nostalgia overhype will last anyways so it really doesnt matter :P
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

  3. #23
    So... Many... Hamsters... Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In a converted Ikea Detolf! :3
    Posts
    21,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    I don't care what people say about WoW nowadays. But I LOVE it dearly. I experience the game. Yes, not as fast as raiding guilds, but I can still work, have a social life, progress in life, while enjoying the magic of WoW.

    It's a beautiful game, and may it live on for a long long time!
    So nice to see some positivity for a change on these forums.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't know why people keep parroting that subs are "hemorrhaging" despite having 0 data to back it up. On our end literally nothing indicates that that is happening.
    ^^^ How sad for the crowd of incessant doomsayers!
    *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*
    *Currently busy with Banished and soon RDR2 so I might not respond very quickly to messages*

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The rest of life.

    Why do you need to fill your entire week with WoW?

    It was amazing back when I quit WoW in WoD. I had all this time, all of a sudden.
    I know the feeling.

    Wish I could play a little more (now I’m roughly at about 7-8 hours a week) but I’m glad I can still enjoy the game in its current state, if it was still like Vanilla I would have unsubbed ages ago, it WAS a work, definitely.

  5. #25
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    I respect WoW Classic, but really I could not handle it. I tried it back in the day and the amount of hours you would need to experience the game, would almost be like a full time job. It was irritating as I would not experience what I would have liked to see, unless I quit my education, my social life and just concentrated full time on the game.

    I don't care what people say about WoW nowadays. But I LOVE it dearly. I experience the game. Yes, not as fast as raiding guilds, but I can still work, have a social life, progress in life, while enjoying the magic of WoW.

    It's a beautiful game, and may it live on for a long long time!

    Yeah, the only person I know irl who actually wants classic is my brother in law, and he doesn’t work or have a social life. He doesn’t like current WoW at all cause people with jobs can compete with him. He wants vanilla back where spending 16+ hours on the game was heavily rewarded.

  6. #26
    People really think classic will take up much time? it only took a long time because you had no idea 14 years ago, the leveling experience will take some time for those who have other things on/don't speed through it but casuals don't really achieve anything in the current game so you probably like the leveling experience to be an actual adventure.

  7. #27
    they need to let all active wow player play the demo this weekend.

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Robot Monkey Pirate Island
    Posts
    1,196
    thanks asmongold

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Rivehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,003
    On so excited to return for classic wow. Started in 2005 quit mid wod. All my high school friends from thos days will be returning with me. Makes me feel like a teen again all this hype.

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord Mister K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under your desk
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    One month, maybe two, is about as long as the nostalgia overhype will last anyways so it really doesnt matter :P
    Drinking that strong cup of delusional?

    Pops will drop, hopefully they only have handful of servers that hold big capacities. The initial rush of players will drop as expected in any game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    they need to let all active wow player play the demo this weekend.
    Indeed, even tho I am currently inactive but this would be the right decision.
    PC Setup: Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - Galaxy Silver /1080ti Zotac OCed 2050Mhz/6155Mhz + EK-FC1080 GTX Ti backplate/block / Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9Ghz + EK-Supremacy EVO / EVGA 750W G3 PSU / G.SKILL RGB 3000Mhz 16GB RAM / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 Boot Drive / Samsung 850 EVO x2 Game Drives / 2tb Seagate Barracuda Data Drive / Cooling: EK-CoolStream PE 360 @ TOP / EK-CoolStream PE 240 @ FRONT / EK-XRES 100 / DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Pump+ Drain Valve Peripherals: LG 39UC99 Monitor 3840x1600 / Blue Snowball ICE on Arm + Pop Shield / Corsair K70 Mechanical Brown Switches / Corsair M65 RGB Mice / Steelseries Mouse Pad / Sony XB700 Headphones (need new ones ) / Fiio E10K Portable AMP

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    One month, maybe two, is about as long as the nostalgia overhype will last anyways so it really doesnt matter :P
    Well I would agree with you, but when you remember that the big pirate server (I don't remember the name) had a huge community and they played together for long time, than maybe some people do like it, as long as they do only 1 or 2 servers I guess it will have a long life

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    One month, maybe two, is about as long as the nostalgia overhype will last anyways so it really doesnt matter :P
    Yeah it's not like there have been people playing vanilla at private realms for an eternity now, so people have no clue what it's really like. ...Oh wait...

    Classic will definitely weed out the people who wouldn't usually even play mmorpgs (thank god), but got in to WoW because the modern game is not really an mmorpg anymore.

    I'll be going back to vanilla, but lets just say that I'm as excited about the demo as I'd be of a Half-Life 2 demo right now.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    I respect WoW Classic, but really I could not handle it. I tried it back in the day and the amount of hours you would need to experience the game, would almost be like a full time job. It was irritating as I would not experience what I would have liked to see, unless I quit my education, my social life and just concentrated full time on the game.
    No problem, WoW Classic is not for everyone.
    Though honestly, unless you wish to reach for bleeding edge raiding, you don't need to quit anything. Most of my guild at the time was people in their 30 with full-time jobs, kids and family life, and we managed to play and raid just fine without sacrificing anything more than, at worst, "other games time".

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    People really think classic will take up much time? it only took a long time because you had no idea 14 years ago, the leveling experience will take some time for those who have other things on/don't speed through it but casuals don't really achieve anything in the current game so you probably like the leveling experience to be an actual adventure.
    Exactly this!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Yeah it's not like there have been people playing vanilla at private realms for an eternity now, so people have no clue what it's really like. ...Oh wait...
    I love whenever this argument comes out.
    People playing on private realms for an eternity did it for a single reason: it was free.
    No chance in the world they'll pay for a game they are already playing for free.

    Classic will bomb. Hard. Maybe not in 2 months. But i'm pretty sure there won't be a TBC classic and this whole bad idea will die in a couple years at most.

  16. #36
    Field Marshal Nigoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. México.
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by zenocide View Post
    I love whenever this argument comes out.
    People playing on private realms for an eternity did it for a single reason: it was free.
    No chance in the world they'll pay for a game they are already playing for free.

    Classic will bomb. Hard. Maybe not in 2 months. But i'm pretty sure there won't be a TBC classic and this whole bad idea will die in a couple years at most.
    I started playing in private servers back in TBC, I switched to retail because private servers sucks; no boss mechanics, spells didn't worked, etc. You don't get the same quality and switching servers is annoying because you lose everything you already "achieved".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •