Zul Heroic: Trail of Ruin vs Fel Barrage

We're working on Zul Heroic and I'm wondering if there is a strong preference between ToR and Fel Barrage. When I Fel Barrage on pull the initial adds just melt, but I find the cooldown doesn't line up perfectly with any of the add waves, which means I'm leaving it off cooldown for 5-15 seconds waiting for adds to come in. I'm easily our top DPS with either talent (a LOT of new players), to the point that me getting 2-3% extra damage could make or break fights.

Just curious what the thoughts are out there.

Do you need zul damage or add damage? even delaying fel barrage for adds is worth it IF you need the damage too kill the adds reliably, however if your comp is missing zul damage just go trail, you'll still do steller add damage and have higher zul damage.

The reason you see all the top logs being fel barrage is because its the best for overall damage (and thats with delaying it for craug spawns) but those are comps where the damage for everything is already covered so you're best picking what ever your comp is struggling with
    Last edited by Zeeket; 2018-11-08 at 07:57 PM.

That’s amazing advice. We’re struggling with zul damage so I’ll go tor.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    For heroic imo Zul damage is most important, we just CC those 2 hexers and get boss to a 40% before 2nd spawn. I personally use ToR.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding Trail of Ruin is more consistent, even outside of demon form. If Fel Barrage though, try and only use it while in Metamorphosis.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    If Fel Barrage though, try and only use it while in Metamorphosis.
    Why? It doesn't get any bonus, does it?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I guess he means that the 25% haste increase the number of fel barrage ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    It scales with haste, so if you do use fel barrage ALWAYS use it after an eyebeam (assuming you're rightfully running demonic)
    Last edited by Zeeket; 2018-11-11 at 03:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    It scales with haste, so if you do use fel barrage ALWAYS use it after an eyebeam (assuming you're rioghtfully running demonic)
    Now that we said it out loud so casually I start to realize, just how many people there probably are who really don't know that.

The reason you see all the top logs being fel barrage is because its the best for overall damage (and thats with delaying it for craug spawns)
    Even then, only when people leave the adds up for you at times

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    I guess he means that the 25% haste increase the number of fel barrage ticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    It scales with haste, so if you do use fel barrage ALWAYS use it after an eyebeam (assuming you're rightfully running demonic)
    Yes this is what I meant.

Also, and I'm probably wrong for thinking this, but doesn't the increased Chaos damage done bonus by being in demon form not count towards Fel Barrage as it is also Chaos damage? I'm not aware of this is common knowledge or not.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-11-11 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Yes this is what I meant.

Also, and I'm probably wrong for thinking this, but doesn't the increased Chaos damage done bonus by being in demon form not count towards Fel Barrage as it is also Chaos damage? I'm not aware of this is common knowledge or not.
    Increased chaos damage in demon form? Is there something I'm not aware of?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Increased chaos damage in demon form? Is there something I'm not aware of?
    Oof, I'm dumb.

I misread the "leap into the air, crashing down doing Chaos damage" and thought it was "increasing Chaos damage done by"