Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which Conspiracy Theories drive you nut!

Unsure on the conspiracy theory rule here but as we're mocking and not promoting I think we're safe. So , which conspiracy theories drive you nuts? Personally not many hit my radar but some just drive me nuts on the basis of been ludicrous beyond belief! Here's my list:

The World is flat! - Speaks for itself, the absurdity that people still believe this is just insane.
    The LGBT Agenda - Ah yes the ridiculous theory that the LGBT community have an agenda to make everyone LGBT.
    The Asian Cover-up - Another ridiculous theory that the British media use Asian to trick the British people in not thinking Pakistani.
    Dinosaurs! - I confess this amuses me too but the theory that the world government is secretly keeping dinosaurs alive somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Reptile people.
    Inb4thisgetslocked.

Short answer: All of them!

Top one: Flat Earthers - How can you not believe what your own eyes are telling you?

Did you say that live dinosaurs still exist? It would be cool to see a non-animitronic T-Rex, but not necessarily up close. lol

Leftist media
    Gay agenda
    (((Globalists)))
    White Genocide
    Anti-vaxxers
    Cultural Marxism

How about Q which seems amalgamation of other conpsiracy theories. Pizzagate, illuminati etc. At least the other ones are slightly less harmful but these Q idiots might go nuts and start fighting shadow government or something and cause some damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love conspiracy theories, I am a big nut who just loved looking into them the more sillier the better. Some I like...

Hollow Earth theory
    Finland doesn't exist
    The Ice Bucket Challenge Was a Satanic Ritual.
    Flat Earth Theory
    Saddam Hussein's Stargate

And my personal favourite...

Princess Diana Was Killed By the Royal Family.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unsure on the conspiracy theory rule here but as we're mocking and not promoting I think we're safe. So , which conspiracy theories drive you nuts? Personally not many hit my radar but some just drive me nuts on the basis of been ludicrous beyond belief! Here's my list:

The World is flat! - Speaks for itself, the absurdity that people still believe this is just insane.
    The LGBT Agenda - Ah yes the ridiculous theory that the LGBT community have an agenda to make everyone LGBT.
    The Asian Cover-up - Another ridiculous theory that the British media use Asian to trick the British people in not thinking Pakistani.
    Dinosaurs! - I confess this amuses me too but the theory that the world government is secretly keeping dinosaurs alive somewhere
    I would love that to be true!!!

I have a friend that is convinced that there are aliens living on the dark side of the moon and that the government is trying to cover it up.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    That there must be Diversity™ or you will fail compared to countries that are Diverse™.

SJWs being behind everything as the newest boogieman and scapegoat.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Leftist media
    Gay agenda
    (((Globalists)))
    White Genocide
    Anti-vaxxers
    Cultural Marxism
    That sums up the worst ones rather well.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Moon Landing and Flat-Tards.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Chem Trails.

(1) The government / industry has been keeping a clean/unlimited power sources hidden for decades.
    This one is sometimes the table top / cold fusion one. It's so bonkers and nuts and ignores the billions of dollars and tens of thousands of physicists that have tried to approach these problems over the decades, all to have a hard time beating oil, gas a conventional nuclear.

(2) Aliens have visited Earth. Area 51 has Alien technology. Modern technology is derived from research on downed craft.
    Another famous one. Space is a lot bigger than people imagine, and the time scales to traverse it are truly enormous. Every bit of modern technology has a long history behind it and didn't suddenly "pop up" after 1947. Area 51 is exactly what the Air Force says it is: a facility for cutting edge aerospace and material science research. Heaven forbid America actually has one of those, right? Where are we supposed to test our top secret aircraft? Chichago-O'hare?

(3) Anti-vaxxers.
    Preying on children because of some adult's mental illness is particularly grotesque. The above two are quirky, but harmless. This one kills. And kills children.

(4) Anything involve secret government, world governments and so forth.
    It all completely ignores the fact that political power has wildly vaccilated between parties and personalities, with very different outcomes, over the past 10 years. To say the same secret power rules America regardless if Trump or Obama is in power, or in European countries as they swing between left and right and far right, is completely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's not really a conspiracy because it's widely known and documented, but the military industrial complex has been immune to all shifts in political power and has grown astronomically. There isn't a secret government controlling everything, just a lot of wealthy people lining the pockets of politicians.
    That's nonsense. Complete nonsense.

The military industrial complex has seen tremendous consolidation... first between 1992 and 2000, and then between 2012 and 2018. Tens of thousands of suppliers exited the industry (remember: the "big ones" are entirely dependent on countless sub contractors) entirely. Hundreds of thousands of jobs have been lost and millions more changed. How can you square that with the assertion you made that "it's grown astronomically". You can't. You pretty much just recited a meme that isn't true.

The military industrial complex is also the most regulated sector of the economy by far. Lockheed can't just sell to anyone. This makes them highly subject to a boom-bust economic model. They're entirely dependent on government revenues (either ours or others, if authorized to sell)

Lastly, in terms of sheer profitability, they're utterly dwarfed by consumer companies. As an example, Amazon's second quarter revenue was $52 billion. That's just shy of the $62 billion Lockheed Martin made from 1988 to 2011 on the F-22 program.

A single aircraft carrier costs $12.5 billion and six years to build (14 years from first dollarspent to first deployment). Apple will probably make around three times that between September and December on JUST iPhone XS, XS Max and Xr sales.

Where is defense on that list. Oh wait, the Juggernaut of Health Care wins again.

"Military Industry Complex" crap is 1950s talking points that are irrelevant in 21st century America. Today's defense sector is leaner than it's ever been, because technology and military requirements are changing, and budgets are inconsistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Leftist media
    Gay agenda
    (((Globalists)))
    White Genocide
    Anti-vaxxers
    Cultural Marxism
    Basically, anything that comes out of Alex Jones's mouth.

RIP in peace "free speech"

Anti-vaxxers. That conspiracy theory has had some pretty disastrous and preventable effects already.

Diversity as a strength

Also flat earth.
    Working on my next ban.

Don't lock it, bring these goofballs to light so they can't hide in the darkness with their insane musings.

Here are the ones that bug me, most of them coming from the far right.

Chemtrails
    Obama is a Muslim and was born in Kenya. - Just stop.
    Fear of Freemasonry - It's just a club of citizens who are free and of good character.
    Fear of the Migrant Caravan and all Illegals. - I fucking swear, most of these people never get out of the house and have probably not met an Illegal. They are not bad people. They also take jobs that most Americans can't be bothered to take.
    Flat Earthers
    Anti-Vaxxer's
    All Liberals are coming for our guns. - No. We just want to make it much more difficult for would be killers to get their hands on weapons than can be used in mass murder.
    Reptilians
    The Illuminati
    Misguided fear of George Soros and other wealthy Jews who happen to be Liberal. Sheldon Adelson spent far more money on the GOP this election and you don't see Liberals freaking out about him.
    Colin Kaepernick takes a knee to disrespect our veterans and the flag. - No he doesn't, you rube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4nyaL8qmK0&vl=en

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ancient aliens. If it was just one or two things I wouldn’t have a problem but they say pretty much every thing though out history was aliens and that makes me unreasonably angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Diversity as a strength

Also flat earth.
    "Diversity as a strength" refers to what exactly?