Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    My sub will run out in 9 days than i will wait for classic. Current game is just unsatisfaing garbage. I had lot of fun playing classic demo and cant wait for its release. Until than it looks like i will stick to League of Legends or some other comepttive game.

i dropped my sub about two years ago, at the start of Legion. i didn't move onto a different game, i just organically lost interest in logging into WoW. i haven't played any other MMOs since then, these days i mostly play console games. in terms of online gaming, i play a lot of Last of Us multiplayer and Dead By Daylight. i will probably resub to WoW for a while when classic arrives, i check up on WoW sites every now and again to see updates on that.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit because I realized that I will never achieve any of the goals I want to achieve in WoW with the small amount of time I have to play. I just can't do it anymore. I've tried but my needs as a gamer have changed. I want games that don't leave me behind if I decide I need a break.

Gaming: Well, I have a playlist of 500 single-player games I'm working through- in particular I'm running through Gen 1-7 of Pokemon to finish them all finally and be ready for Gen 8 next year. I'm convinced enough of the quality that I may grab a copy of Let's Go- if I can afford it after bills.

For non single player, I switched to PC for Destiny 2 and I'm trying to get back into Overwatch. I may give Hearthstone and HotS a try too.

Non-gaming/RL stuff: Work, saving money for a car and to get my own place and making plans to go back to college- started trying to relearn algebra on my own. Learning how to actually cook. Trying to de-clutter our apartment. Maybe picking up guitar again if I can afford it.
    Last edited by Texan Penguin; 2018-11-12 at 07:54 AM.

I "move on" shortly after every expansion. Have stopped paying for sub for this expansion, so I guess I'm moving on again soon

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Yes very clever and original. It was said here already. Yet people are It's almost like I knew they would or something instead of just spewing nonsense, ya know? Thanks for your input or lack thereof
    Woosh. So clever. Then why ask the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Woosh. So clever. Then why ask the question?
    Because I wanted to know what they moved onto and why? Did you not read the post or replies from the numerous people? Hello? Blocking now as you clearly contribute literally nothing to this convo or the topic. Bye.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Moved to Blade&Soul from start of BfA bcs BfA don't offer nothing new

Basically "left" after BlackRock Foundry. Went to Warframe, SWtOR, Blade&Soul, Diablo, Marvel Heroes and the likes. Only came back to WoW occasionally when on vacations (to spend time with my RL friends who still are playing WoW), and got hooked up for Antorus to go back in the raiding scene.

Stopped once again 2 months ago, still enjoying Warframe and this time, I probably won't come back. Just remaining around to watch cutscenes/cinematics because I enjoy the WoW lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing regularly about halfway into MOP, barely played warlords or legion (going back and checking out the content, I sort of regret this but hey) back for BFA and feel refreshed but I am no where near as active as I used to be...

What was the final straw? Mainly that many guildmates quit during Cata so my Azeroth adventures suddenly became quite lonely and my itch wasn't being scratched anymore. Playing with randoms was cool for leveling but its just not the same for raids

Guild Wars 2 is great. Like actually great, have so much respect for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    Cataclysm, after my Annual Pass ended.

Life and $$, haven't gone back because of Life and Time. Guild slowed down and stopped playing too, so no reason to go back.

In game stuff is rarely a reason for me to leave a game. WoW is a board game, so it's only as much fun as the people you play with.

If there is no Dark Ranger next expansion Classic will be my final WoW experience after BfA.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    Im playing destiny 2 and Im having a blast after playing the first month at launch. Wow is getting boring very fast, classes are boring and unnappeling (and the ones I love are bad as f*** this expansion), pvp is unbalanced as ever and no pvp vendors made doing bgs not worth at all after the first win of the day. Im waiting 8.1 but I dont think anything will change for me.

Im playing Immortal Unchained and replaying CoC: Dark corners of the earth too.

15+ Year Old Account
    I quit WoW with 3-5 months left in MoP. Haven’t been back since. My final straw was the removal of flying. It was bad enough they gated you with stuff like cold weather flying, Azeroth flying and the Pandaria flying but to remove it entirely just made me sick. Every mount of note for expansion after expansion flew. “No, you can’t have nice things!” YOINK!

I still like reading the forums here since I was beyond hardcore. 450+ days played, 9,733 BG’s, 474k HK’s etc. I still look for a reason to potentially re-up. Since WoD is widely considered the worst xpac, that wasn’t the reason. Legion looked interesting but I was enjoying having a life and my gaming fix was satisfied with a few seasons of D3. Moved on to HOTS and really like playing a wide variety of characters/classes but most importantly have fun playing with the casual guild I play with.

Needless to say with all I’ve read about BFA I am sooooo glad I did not try to pick it up again (Hell, I’d need a new machine after 5 years to run WoW by the standards I’m used to anyways.).

Strangely enough the only thing that could get me back paying for WoW is Classic. I may not stay subscribed but I am too damn curious not to try it for a month or three.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I quit WoW with 3-5 months left in MoP. Haven’t been back since. My final straw was the removal of flying. It was bad enough they gated you with stuff like cold weather flying, Azeroth flying and the Pandaria flying but to remove it entirely just made me sick. Every mount of note for expansion after expansion flew. “No, you can’t have nice things!” YOINK!
    I pretty much respect almost every reason for quitting except the "no flying" movement. The game is nothing but queues and portals, and people like you worry about flying? Seriously? That's basically the smallest issue the game ever had, if it even was one. Notice that most MMOs don't have flying for a reason...

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion, the insane grind and RNG with regards to legendaries for multiple specs+multiple classes. 20man mythic was also a large factor, I just don't like playing in such large groups (I can be rather shy, so I'm not interested in having to know 20+ people).

I stick to single-player games and PvP-only games now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    I play Wow on and off. I got a native guild but I don't really care about friendships online. I do have a guy added all the way from tunesia on Facebook from WoW though.

I play Runescape whenever I'm bored with wow. Until I'm done with the grind or if my irl frirnds don't play runescape for a while anymore.

I'm playing some action RPGs with friends and Wasteland 2 in single player for the moment. I'll check back from time to time if they've added haste back in the game but I don't have high hopes.

Didn:t asmongold move on from wow?

I play like 3-4 games at any point in time so I dont burn out from WoW and have to "move on". Currently im playing AC Odyssey, RDR2, Dota 2. I also have a max level char in almost every mmo out there, ffxiv, swtor, BDO, Neverwinter, Rift etc etc you name it. None of those really stick like WoW though. Except for Dota 2 - played that since beta and before that Dota on wc3.