Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I've been in and out of WoW a lot ever since Wrath, that's when it started going downhill for me. I buy the expansions in the hope it will actually reinvigorate my love for the game, never happens.

I tend to pley different things now, not once specific game but I can list a few I have played.

Destiny 2 (only recently because it was free), I liked the original Destiny, Destiny 2 has been great so far, haven't got Forsaken yet.
    Dying Light
    Two Point Hospital
    Ark: Survival Evolved (gets boring real quick)
    Ducktales Remastered
    Prison Architect
    Red Alert Unplugged (Alpha)
    Overwatch
    PUBG (is shit)

I try to play different things, haven't touched any other MMORPG's, maybe that's a common thing? Maybe it's not WoW that's getting worse, we're just falling out of love with MMORPG's as a genre? Just a thought based on my own perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    No specific game, I think I've moved on from a singular game encompassing my life. I tried raiding again recently which confirmed this for me, a couple weeks of wiping and I just relised playing games where I had to log into completely my daily emissary, maintain an alt, do M+ and spend what time I had after work wiping on bosses simply wasn't for me anymore... I like the freedom of doing whatever I want without the restriction of feelings like there are things I "have" to do even if this means there are days where I'm otherwise more bored than I would be.

I jump about with games now. I play a little CS, CoD, PoE, HotS and SP games like GoW, DS, Spiderman etc. and I'm finding this to be a much more enjoyable to way spend my free time now.

Quit at end of Cata, came back for a bit of MOP hated it, Same with WOD, Legion was ok but the grinding for AP was stupid in my eye and quit before tomb, and reading about BFA i wont be coming back again. Had a go on my brothers character for a few hours round his house and it just feels bad now

Play league, study more, and play games that i can turn off in the middle and resume later (RDR2 etc) game just doesnt appeal to me anymore and the community isnt their to back it. Was thinking about coming back for vanilla because i was 14/15 when it came out and it was my best memories, but honestly i dont want to devote my whole evening to playing a game i have theoretically already "completed"

Since Blizzcon I haven't logged in, I need to see if I can still support this company. I bought a Switch now and playing all the exclusives there.

I left early in Cata after having played from Vanilla to WotLK and recently returned in BFA only because couple of real life friends pushed me into it. Meanwhile I've played many games that I would much rather be playing right now if said friends would finally move out of WoW.

Elder Scrolls Online - Just great. From the quests to the end game everything is great in this game.
    Guild Wars 2 - If you have a busy schedule this is the best game you can play imo.
    Path of exile - This is the best ARPG on the market right now, graphics might be a bit off but the gameplay/complexity is insane.
    Tera - not worth it anymore because of the small playerbase, but really the best combat system ever created in an MMORPG.

I still remember Blizzard's project "Titan" that was suppose to be action combat based MMO that got scrapped. WoW even though it has some very strong aspects, like highly polished content, raid encounters etc, is archaic in my eyes mainly due to the combat system.
    Last edited by Rammus; 2018-11-16 at 10:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    I pretty much respect almost every reason for quitting except the "no flying" movement. The game is nothing but queues and portals, and people like you worry about flying? Seriously? That's basically the smallest issue the game ever had, if it even was one. Notice that most MMOs don't have flying for a reason...
    It’s easy to get from one place to another with portals for the most part. I was one of those people that farmed to relax. I had a miner/herber that never raided or PVP’d during MOP that I just flew around on for hours BS’ing on vent while there was nothing to do or listening to music.

On my main I farmed Warbringers for bags and sent rep items in stacks 250 that would net for 5,000g to seed characters on other servers.

I used flying a lot. None of that could have easily been done on a ground mount or with flight paths.

It’s in how you play the game. I know how many people look at WoW as world of queues and sit in cities don’t see no flying as an issue. I did.