Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    what? how?

ATVI closes at 62.79, after hours shows 57.50 down 5.29 after the close. someone does not like what was said.

Can’t wait to raid LFR on mobile!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Diablo Immortal will be a great mobile game. Blizzard is an amazing company that makes fantastic, well-polished, addictive games. BUT they were booed during questioning once it was confirmed that there would be no PC release.

People aren't worried about it being a bad mobile game so of course once it's out it'll probably be downloaded and played a bunch and likely be well received (people WILL still protest in the reviews, however)

In the end though, everyone's just pissed that it's a mobile game, period. They were looking forward to the next step in the franchise and this simply wasn't it.

Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    Did they say this somewhere? It's not on their report at least.

Really given all the diablo knock offs on mobile it really made a ton of sense for blizzard to put out a legit title on mobile but blizzcon probably was not the ideal place for that announce as its pretty much a PC gaming convention.

"Diablo: Immortal being mobile was decided because the fidelity of mobile phones is getting to the level of being almost equivalent to PCs."

This is the excuse a friend of mine used when I was complaining about the D:I reveal.

He thinks mobile gaming is the future because of the power of modern phones. We both have the same phone. Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. He uses the power and features of new phones as his reasoning that no one should be worried about D:I. Because you know... You have bluetooth controllers... You can use Mice and Keyboards... You can mirror it or connect it to your tv or monitor... blah blah blah.

My thought is, if you have to carry a mouse and keyboard with you, or connect to a tv to make it fun, then you've already lost the idea of mobile gaming. Mobile gaming, to me at least, is playing a game in a car. It's killing time on the subway. It's something to do while waiting in the doctor's office.

He doesn't seem to realize that the reason people are made is because we know what mobile games are like. (I guarantee you he has never actually played more than an hour of "typical" mobile games.) That, plus other reasons I'm sure are mentioned in this thread, are why players are pissed. but of course, he calls us entitled whiners, because we don't realize the true power of phones nowadays.

sigh.:\

"Blizzard had 37 million MAU in the quarter. (Identical to last quarter)" so thats comparing to the end of Legion bumbers? That doesn't sound good at all

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Actually, from the people I've spoken too at Blizzcon who tried the demo actually enjoyed it. Granted it was like 3 people actually anecdotal.
    Oh, i think i see now. They made a distinction between "fans" and "fans at the event". But even so, that crowd wasn't hyped... If they aren't lying then yeah i guess the demo feedback went over well

10+ Year Old Account
    The more they do on mobile the less interested I become in all of their IPs.

Yeah right.. players around China perhaps.

"Many of Blizzard's best developers are now working on new mobile titles across all of Blizzard's IPs."

This is why we were angry at Immortal. Most of us knew it was a portent of things to come. And now its been confirmed. Blizzard wasting their time developing mobile trash instead of making real games.

Don't get me wrong, they'll make a killing on these shit games. But in the longer run, this is the real start of the decline of Blizzard.

Blizzard making these games will lose them money in the long run, cause more and more PC gamers are going to disown Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Many top mobile games are based on IP originally created for console and PC, so the company is investing in mobile releases for Activision and Blizzard franchises."
    Literally one comes to mind and that is Fortnite. I'm pretty sure the Ghost Recon Game, the Call of Duty: Heroes game (had to google this as I knew there was one but nothing more than that, they're shutting it down), Dungeon Keeper Mobile and Lineage Mobile games are considered "top mobile games". Ah wait, the listings show that they're all cheap match 3-games, puzzle games and crash of clans/the flavor of the month copy cat.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Blizzard is so out of touch at this point it is absurd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    "Diablo: Immortal being mobile was decided because the fidelity of mobile phones is getting to the level of being almost equivalent to PCs."

This is the excuse a friend of mine used when I was complaining about the D:I reveal.

He thinks mobile gaming is the future because of the power of modern phones. We both have the same phone. Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. He uses the power and features of new phones as his reasoning that no one should be worried about D:I. Because you know... You have bluetooth controllers... You can use Mice and Keyboards... You can mirror it or connect it to your tv or monitor... blah blah blah.

My thought is, if you have to carry a mouse and keyboard with you, or connect to a tv to make it fun, then you've already lost the idea of mobile gaming. Mobile gaming, to me at least, is playing a game in a car. It's killing time on the subway. It's something to do while waiting in the doctor's office.

He doesn't seem to realize that the reason people are made is because we know what mobile games are like. (I guarantee you he has never actually played more than an hour of "typical" mobile games.) That, plus other reasons I'm sure are mentioned in this thread, are why players are pissed. but of course, he calls us entitled whiners, because we don't realize the true power of phones nowadays.

sigh.:\
    I talked with the D:I devs about this, for what it's worth. They said that they had not decided on whether or not controllers or mouse+keyboard will be supported yet, but they'd talked about it a couple times and would continue to talk about it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Did they say this somewhere? It's not on their report at least.
    Most I have heard from said the opposite so yea crazy that.

Yay Enchanters get Sanguicell to Expulsom.

What about Tailors?

Deleted
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    Many of Blizzard's best developers are now working on new mobile titles across all of Blizzard's IPs.
    "You think you do, but you don't"
    Blizzard is just shitting on their customer base, they almost seem suicidal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, they gave up on real world and moved into their own fantasy reality. That explains A LOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of players that are eager for more Diablo content on PC and console, that came through clearly from BlizzCon.
    Launching Diablo Immortal is only the beginning, there will be updates.
    Oh wow, they can right fuck off with this. If it wasn't clear that Diablo was dead, this right here was the engraving on the tombstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    ATVI closes at 62.79, after hours shows 57.50 down 5.29 after the close. someone does not like what was said.
    They made a long term gamble that the mobile growths will cover the loss of costumers from disgruntled fans on the main titles and the massive negative press they will get.