Poll: How would you feel about this feature?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Pet Battles to mobile?

So with blizzard making an obvious move towards mobile gaming I was wondering what that could look like (positively) in the case of WoW.

What I came up with is moving PvP pet battle functionality to mobile.

With this you should be able to assign your team from your phone and queue up to battle.

Personally I don't care to use my computer time on PvP pet battles but I would definitely play it as a phone game.

It could also make those pet battle PvP achievements a little less cumbersome.

Yeah, I'd like that

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd def like that way more tbh.
    I love collecting the critters, but it's a huge pain to actually level them all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I'd def like that way more tbh.
    I love collecting the critters, but it's a huge pain to actually level them all up.
    I wouldn't think that you could level them. Sadly I don't see a way around it but seeing as PvP pet battles are instanced anyway and don't effect the game except through your win rate I don't see why it wouldn't just be a matter of convenience. I think the hardest part is if they make you able to cross platform PvP pet battle. That would help with queue times too

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is if you bring battle pets to mobile would it work with leveling your characters? Like if I log on my alt and do pet battles does he get any exp or is it ONLY for leveling the pets?

Anyways my thought process is that if pet battles were made into a mobile game what incentive do they have? Can you make micro transactions off of it or are we to assume that...

1. It's a completely free game that they'll make
    2. It will cost to buy the initial app then the rest is free
    3. Micro transactions (instead of waiting 8 minutes to rez your pets do a 1 time payment to cut that time down to 3 minutes).

My assumption would be that they would treat it like the current companion app or even add it to that. It should be free because we pay a base subscription for the game plus updates imo.

Though to be honest I'd drop $3 on it.

After that I would say that it wouldn't level your character simply because you shouldn't be able to gain that kinda advantage from your phone.

I personally couldn't see then allowing for leveling pets either really though it's a nice thought.

Lastly I imagine it being for PvP pet battles and counting towards those achievements. And if they could cross platform it so that computer queuers could be in the same pool then maybe that would fix the no one PvP pet battle issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well if you can use it to level pets it would be great. If you could use it to do WQs or Masters it would be even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheap MTX for extra bandages, possible perhaps to buy boost stones but more importantly many, many more pets at the store.
    I would hope they don't freemium it too much but if they let you level your pets this way I definitely see where you are coming from.

Bandages make sense since they are fairly easy to get. Stones would be a very unfair advantage I guess but something's got to sell.

An alternative would be to simply make shop pets lvl 25 and have many, many more of them, including cheap ones with less unique models.
    I actually don't get the feeling they would cheat the game mechanics for leveling through money. That just doesn't seem like their style to me.

I could maybe see a one time fee for the app. But I think at most they would add a couple of achievements and a few pets or toys tied to it. You know, things that'll make you eat up time using their products

- - - Updated - - -

Bandages make sense since they are fairly easy to get. Stones would be a very unfair advantage I guess but something's got to sell.

An alternative would be to simply make shop pets lvl 25 and have many, many more of them, including cheap ones with less unique models.
    I actually don't get the feeling they would cheat the game mechanics for leveling through money. That just doesn't seem like their style to me.

I could maybe see a one time fee for the app. But I think at most they would add a couple of achievements and a few pets or toys tied to it. You know, things that'll make you eat up time using their products

- - - Updated - - -

Bandages definitely make sense also maybe pet biscuits or other pet specific toys / cosmetics.

Oh and maybe they could let us do pet dungeon challenges in the app?

THAT sounds like a good idea for a mobile app. I personally don't do pet battles but my wife has, and probably would if she could do it from her phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd definitely do more PVP pet battles that way.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    If it's fully connected with my wow acc, then yeah. Pet batles are fun, but too time consuming, and whenever I do some of them in wow I feel like my time's being wasted.

if blizz isn't working on a AR based petbattle system they are behind the times... with pokemon go, Jurrasic world, Walking dead our world, and soon harry potter... they need to do it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    if blizz isn't working on a AR based petbattle system they are behind the times... with pokemon go, Jurrasic world, Walking dead our world, and soon harry potter... they need to do it.
    Eh I would disagree with this, AR games like that are saturated I think just putting the current gameplay in Mobile form would be the safest.

Also catching critters probably wouldn't be included. This is because as it should be connected to your account collection it would mean that the mobile caught pets would have to correspond accordingly.

The most actual progress I could see them doing is PvP achievement progression.

Although, now that I think about it, they could put a file of all old world trainers and if you've completed them in game maybe you can fight them on the app?

The problem I really run into when thinking about adding features is how much is it ok for the app to progress your in game character and then is it ok for there to be a distinct advantage in using the app over the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    Eh I would disagree with this, AR games like that are saturated I think just putting the current gameplay in Mobile form would be the safest.

Also catching critters probably wouldn't be included. This is because as it should be connected to your account collection it would mean that the mobile caught pets would have to correspond accordingly.

The most actual progress I could see them doing is PvP achievement progression.

Although, now that I think about it, they could put a file of all old world trainers and if you've completed them in game maybe you can fight them on the app?

The problem I really run into when thinking about adding features is how much is it ok for the app to progress your in game character and then is it ok for there to be a distinct advantage in using the app over the game.
    is it really that saturated? those are the only ones i know of or ever hear of... and all but Pokemon go are rare to hear about. How progress does one really get from just pet battles though? Remove XP if via mobile? Its a market i could see and i think it would be a success, i'd enjoy catching wow pets out for a walk/run over pokemon for sure.

is it really that saturated? those are the only ones i know of or ever hear of... and all but Pokemon go are rare to hear about. How progress does one really get from just pet battles though? Remove XP if via mobile? Its a market i could see and i think it would be a success, i'd enjoy catching wow pets out for a walk/run over pokemon for sure.
    I just don't see AR as a worth while development sink and that's also why I believe that they won't make an overlay for catching critters.

I think it will be widely restricted based on development effort.

But as for AR i just don't see them gaining anything from it to be honest. I would rather just have PvP pet battles with a chance at pet cosmetic items and bandages but that is my opinion and I don't mean to diminish yours

About the only part of WoW that I could see work on mobile. I'd be into it, actually!

I know I replied to this already but in light of recent times i believe I owe you an apology for projecting my opinion when blizzard clearly disagrees

I know I replied to this already but in light of recent times i believe I owe you an apology for projecting my opinion when blizzard clearly disagrees
    no need we each have our opinions and both are right in their on way. I just think there is a market space there for $$$ for blizz and suspect they will try it out. I also enjoy AR myself so i'm hoping they do.

no need we each have our opinions and both are right in their on way. I just think there is a market space there for $$$ for blizz and suspect they will try it out. I also enjoy AR myself so i'm hoping they do.
    I just hate the micro transactions so much. I wish they wouldn't go into that but I fear there is no hope of that.

I just hate the micro transactions so much. I wish they wouldn't go into that but I fear there is no hope of that.
    those are a whole different area and my biggest fear as well.... pure cosmetic is whatever. but no one could answer the details on micro transactions at con with regards to Diablo Immortal. I'd hope a pet battles GO game would be funded via subs and not have them.... maybe wishful thinking