Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really hope Blizz does not repeat BfA again...
    It was a complete disappointment and letdown in every area except questing zones (4/6 of them at least).

My battle net friend list of like 20+ WoW playes is completely offline, no one playing BfA while they were all active during and near the end of Legion.

New WoW expansions are some of the products that i look forward the most to but BfA is so god damn awful that i quit before the first month expired.
    Whoever is enjoying it good for you... to me it is 1/10 of the quality of any previous WoW expansion (even WoD).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    So no, thanks for clearing that up!

- - - Updated - - -

So also no, that is what I thought. Thanks guys! 789 votes on that thread, versus nearly 10x that in unique views. Seems like the majority did not unsub, since they didn't vote.
    Keep living in your bubble. No worries. All is fine. Reading with understanding is NOT required to have a happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    if Ion came out and said they have 100k players left you would still try to spin the obvious. Some massive levels of denial.
    Nope, I'd say the game was dying. It's not spinning, it's taking what they say. You're the one clearly spinning despite Blizzard's statements, simply to match your personal feelings.

I personally wish the game was dying so some good changes would be made. I am part of the mythic crowd. Game kind of sucks right now. I just am not so full of blind hatred that I can recognize the game isn't really designed for me anymore, and is succeeding despite my dislike.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2018-11-08 at 11:05 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm personally buying a lot more blizz store goodies just to vote with my wallet. Love BfA, got 2 pets and 1 mount in the last 2 weeks.
    omg. at least now i have a face to that ppl helping making games bad. plz give blizz another endless money for useless shit from services, they once setup and look how the cash grab works automatically, to teach them even more, that they dont need investment and good games to become richer.

there is no better way to help makin games even more bad, cheap, low quality and cost effective.

thx for that. NOOOOOOT

Deleted
    Could we have a mod fix the title/OP.

In the front page it says:
    World of Warcraft engagement grew strongly quarter-over-quarter. The expansion saw strong participation in value-added services.
    Or are we assuming that engagement is with the shop? Because the only thing they released was that boat mount with the 6 month sub.

If anything this is proof that the haters are hatin and WoW is fine as always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

Or are we assuming that engagement is with the shop? Because the only thing they released was that boat mount with the 6 month sub.

That is a quote. From their own message. Go tell Activision to fix their communication to fit your narrative
    They are directly saying and focusing on telling everyone how great their cash grab shop is doing but ye ... it’s fine
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-11-08 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    That is a quote. From their own message. Go tell Activision to fix their communication to fit your narrative
    Picking just select parts of the quote is not really being impartial.

Besides, it does fit my "narrative". Lots of laughs cause people bought 6 month subs? Yes, subs are terrible and WoW is dying. Beautiful narrative indeed.

Deleted
    Picking just select parts of the quote is not really being impartial.

Besides, it does fit my "narrative". Lots of laughs cause people bought 6 month subs? Yes, subs are terrible and WoW is dying. Beautiful narrative indeed.
    I fail to see anything about those subs you mentioned. Care to point me to that point? “Value added services” are “additional services available at little or no cost” ... like ... idk ... transactions in the game shop? Race changes? Gold purchases? Boosts? Naaaah! Surely subs!

Also - you suggested to fix the message, then claim it’s not impartial. Like ... what is your point other than cheering for a money grab company which happened to have bought a once great game company?
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-11-08 at 11:48 PM.

The usual crowd being butthurt at earnings calls that don't spell out doom and gloom, making feeble attempts to spin it to fit their narrative of "WoW is dying/dead/deader/deadest and buried because MUH FEELS".

Must be a quarter ending with an R.

Deleted
    I fail to see anything about those subs you mentioned. Care to point me to that point?
    I guess you failed to read my first post.

The only thing that released on the WoW shop this last quarter was the boat mount promotion with the 6 month sub.

Woops! Did i ruin the doom theories?
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-11-08 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I really hope Blizz does not repeat BfA again...
    It was a complete disappointment and letdown in every area except questing zones (4/6 of them at least).

My battle net friend list of like 20+ WoW playes is completely offline, no one playing BfA while they were all active during and near the end of Legion.

New WoW expansions are some of the products that i look forward the most to but BfA is so god damn awful that i quit before the first month expired.
    Whoever is enjoying it good for you... to me it is 1/10 of the quality of any previous WoW expansion (even WoD).
    "Something something my friends list something something it's so much worse than previous expansions something something someone coddle me!"

Yeah, never seen this shit repeated for every single expansion. Meanwhile, there are those of us managing to see very much activity both in friendslists as well as guilds and zones as we're playing the game, even if reluctantly (in my case).

Curious.

the fucking TOKEN is in the shop and this expac is designed as a massive gold sink. they are making bank off bleeding players needing more gold than they generate playing and buying a token here and there.

character boosts aren't new, but they sold a bunch of those on the back of allied races and the massive timesink they turned levelling into.

the fact that the token dropped by half in gold value or more says people buying gold was way up. character boost sales were probably up

not to mention there's always transfers, race changes and faction changes.

so there is plenty of room for players to "engage" with the game by giving blizzard money

which just goes to show it doesn't take something "new" in the shop to generate revenue with value-added services which they can definitely get by with calling engagement.

Deleted
    I guess you failed to read my first post.

The only thing that released on the WoW shop this last quarter was the boat mount promotion with the 6 month sub.

Woops! Did i ruin the doom theories?
    Oh - there are no boosts? Race changes? Gold purchases? When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm personally buying a lot more blizz store goodies just to vote with my wallet. Love BfA, got 2 pets and 1 mount in the last 2 weeks.
    Can't tell if troll or serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problems with theses earning call is that they are so diluted because of the large game portfolio that they have right now, that you cant really see the bigger picture. WoW seems to be fine. I mean, it's been 4-5 years since wow has been seriously dying, and the content seems to bee pumping out even faster. I mean, for me, it just looks that the game is past it's prime, but that is about it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    Oh - there are no boosts? Race changes? Gold purchases? When did that happen?
    None of those are "new" for this quarter. Actually, there were more new races added before launch than after.

You can only hold onto the token. I'm sure demand went up. But regardless, the hot new item on the store this quarter was the 6 month sub promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    omg. at least now i have a face to that ppl helping making games bad. plz give blizz another endless money for useless shit from services, they once setup and look how the cash grab works automatically, to teach them even more, that they dont need investment and good games to become richer.

there is no better way to help makin games even more bad, cheap, low quality and cost effective.

thx for that. NOOOOOOT
    I like the game, and I'm supporting it. That is it, and I see no reason NOT to do that just because somebody on some forum doesn't like something about it

See, the problem is that people who still enjoy WoW pay for it and support it, and people who keep whining on forums....also keep supporting it because they can't just stop playing something, even though they don't like it. Sure, you can now give me a lecture on how criticizing the game while still playing it is good for its longevity and what not, but the reality is you aren't showing them you don't like the game by continuously playing and paying for it. Even if that's not the case for you, there are plenty others doing the exact thing I described.

When I don't like the game...I just quit it. I would recommend doing the same. Or else you're supporting them as much as I do, only you do it while constantly whining and feeling miserable playing the game.

I'm starting to think some people believe themselves martyrs. Just do something you enjoy instead of griefing in virtual world, while wasting your own free time during which you could be having more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally lol'ed here tho: Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    They're so out of touch they're interpreting luke-warm "well I guess I don't HAVE to kill myself" responses to their app as well received.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    It's been dying since 2004...
    It saw steady growth from launch - WotLK at which point it leveled out, saw a small growth for the launch of Cata and has decreased every expansion since then with small upticks at expansion launches before a ~50% drop in subs in WoD followed by them stopping reporting their numbers.

So sure, maybe people said it was dying, but there wasn't any actual proof of "death" until Cata in terms of sub numbers. Even today though, WoW isn't dying as in at risk of being shut down, but it definitely is "dying" as in it doesn't have near the player base it once had either.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    That line to me doesn't mean 'we have a ton of people playing' and more along the lines means 'we sold a lot of copies but people aren't playing it anymore'. If they had a lot of people still subbed, they would've mentioned that but it's all about the cashshop because they've probably been hemorrhaging players at a faster rate than in WoD.
    Yah think?!

"There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"