Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Probably from the continued snowball of Alliance -> Horde, but mostly the new races. Lots of people just race changed rather than leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxielove View Post
    They unmuted the reaction for the massive BOOOOOs though
    Easily dismissed as "vocal minority". Which is their go-to excuse anytime someone says something they don't like or want to hear.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yah think?!

Very interesting graph. Thanks for posting it (no sarcasm .... it really is interesting to me).
    It takes very few micro transactions to make up for a canceled subscription and Blizzard seems to be riding that wave. Mounts and pets always sell well. Increasing leveling times makes boosts attractive to those with new race characters. Bottom lines drive this game (and always have), but now they have ways to cover less subscribers. In the early years, content attraction governed the subscribers and the bottom line.

Activision stock has dropped significantly since October 1st where it closed at $83 a share. Today it closed at $63 a share.

AFTER HOURS trading so far has it dropping even more significantly to $56 a share (currently).

That's pretty significant.

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    The problems with theses earning call is that they are so diluted because of the large game portfolio that they have right now, that you cant really see the bigger picture. WoW seems to be fine. I mean, it's been 4-5 years since wow has been seriously dying, and the content seems to bee pumping out even faster. I mean, for me, it just looks that the game is past it's prime, but that is about it.

I agree with the bolded. All of their games are melded together, so there is no way to know which games are doing well.

With the $15 per sub per month revenue stream, I would expect WOW to be fine.

With no revenue stream, I would expect the PC version of Diablo to be changed.

The other games seem to each be making quite a bit of cash, so I would expect that they will be fine, but I don't know how since I don't play them.

All in all, Blizzard is still one of the top gaming companies in the world, and they seem to be doing what they have to do to survive. And surviving is something that iconic brands like GE and Sears are struggling with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Activision stock has dropped significantly since October 1st where it closed at $83 a share. Today it closed at $63 a share.

AFTER HOURS trading so far has it dropping even more significantly to $56 a share (currently).

O_o
    Enjoy your victory

I bet it did. When I came back for WoD I dropped $100 on server transfers almost immediately because everyone I knew had moved, but I only played for a month before unsubbing for the rest of the expansion. I like alts so I've never bought a boost, but with the addition of allied races combined with people who hate leveling I'm sure that was a boon too not to mention race/faction changes.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

5+ Year Old Account
    Gotta milk those whales harder, I guess. And why not, since the whales in question are happy to be milked dry...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    So no, thanks for clearing that up!

- - - Updated - - -

So also no, that is what I thought. Thanks guys! 789 votes on that thread, versus nearly 10x that in unique views. Seems like the majority did not unsub, since they didn't vote.
    Everyone who stopped playing wow didn't come to a WOW website to vote on a thread, hence only 789 have quit ever.

Good logic there.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion saw strong participation in value-added services.
    Translation: "We decreased the leveling speed so much that everybody got fed up and bought character boosts."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...y-you-unsubbed
    Countless forum threads here, official forums, vids on YT, Twitch. Everything is fine. Keep buying high RoI eye candy.

WHICH exact statement does contradict our perception that everyone and their dog got sick of current BfA?
    Ahhh, the Internet - where hyperbole and anecdotes are considered perfectly fine substitutes for actual data

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    Everyone who stopped playing wow didn't come to a WOW website to vote on a thread, hence only 789 have quit ever.

Good logic there.
    This forum is FULL of people who apparently "unsubbed months ago" yet still post here regularly about exactly why they dislike BFA.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Allied races working as intended.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Ahhh, the Internet - where hyperbole and anecdotes are considered perfectly fine substitutes for actual data
    Do you have any actual data to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    This forum is FULL of people who apparently "unsubbed months ago" yet still post here regularly about exactly why they dislike BFA.
    And that would be wrong... exactly why?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Do you have any actual data to share?

And that would be wrong... exactly why?
    No, I don't. No-one does. That's why it's so funny that people use "There's lots of threads about this" and "vast majority" in the same argument
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Did you unsub?
    I'm not unsubbed yet, but this expansion is the first time in 12(almost 13 years) of playing that I've just about had enough. I stuck through so much shit, like the entirety of Warlords, I never quit raiding once through all the droughts from last tiers to release of new expansions, but truthfully...I just hate this expansion.

And my main gripe is the raid which ties into class problems. To be as specific as possible, what bothers me most is 3 of the last 4 Mythic bosses in Uldir heavily punish you if you have more than 4 melee, not saying it's impossible, but having more than 4 is a severe handicap. That said, if you're running meta tanks(which most guilds do) of DK/Monk then you have 2 melee spots locked for a Warrior and a Demon Hunter for their raid buffs, this leaves 2 spots available for melee to be a part of. If you don't have a Monk tank...that's 3 of 4 spots locked and only 1 open melee spot.

Why is this a problem? Well it heavily punishes people for playing classes they enjoy playing. It leaves at best 2 spots available for melee, when melee dominate the spec to spec variable to ranged. In terms of numbers 14 of their 25 dps specs are melee across 9 Classes. Where as the remaining 11 of 25 are ranged spread across 6 Classes. There's both more melee classes and more melee specs, and when they design a raid so poorly(it's Tomb of Soakgeras all over again) it punishes players who like to play the majority of what's in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

O_o
    it dropped massivly because of the Diablo immortal stuff.
    aswell as abit of crying about BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Gotta milk those whales harder, I guess. And why not, since the whales in question are happy to be milked dry...
    Got to be some broke whales if they can get drained from WoW, ever played a game with real MTX? There are plenty of examples of players dropping a million dollars or more.

Maybe you are just very broke and you get jealous every time you see someone with an ingame store mount? I never get when people are sad about cosmetics being for sale in a game. They pay for themselves and then some.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Got to be some broke whales if they can get drained from WoW, ever played a game with real MTX? There are plenty of examples of players dropping a million dollars or more.

Maybe you are just very broke and you get jealous every time you see someone with an ingame store mount? I never get when people are sad about cosmetics being for sale in a game. They pay for themselves and then some.
    When “cosmetics” and other “value added services” are the main goal of all changes to the game mechanics which are heavily disliked by players - that is when you went wrong and are loosing people who had a hardon for your game before. You are replacing them, very actively, with whales who don’t care for fanboy stuff. It’s like with Diablo Immortal - people didn’t boo it, but the decision to NOT bring it to PC. Same with “value added services” - people don’t dislike them as long they are not the dominant common denominator for all changes to the game.

If you don’t see anything wrong there, I am sorry for your ethics and/or standards.

As for real mtx - read my sig - Activision is mtx based for years now, mostly thanks to King. No reason to not spread “best in group solutions” across all companies.
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-11-09 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it dropped massivly because of the Diablo immortal stuff.
    aswell as abit of crying about BFA.
    It had nothing at all to do with Immortal. Their stock has been dropping since early October due to CoD sales being lower then expected and dropped more when they missed their financial target for this quarter and expect a little less next quarter. In the end gaming companies stocks are volatile and they'll regain this 10% in the next week or 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm personally buying a lot more blizz store goodies just to vote with my wallet. Love BfA, got 2 pets and 1 mount in the last 2 weeks.
    If the first post doesn't show why the cash shop is a terrible idea I don't know what will. You're the target audience of the cash shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Easily dismissed as "vocal minority". Which is their go-to excuse anytime someone says something they don't like or want to hear.

Such a minority...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

Such a minority...
    Even if you take everyone at Blizzcon into account, its still a tiny fraction of the total pool of customers. That's the logic they'll use, anyway.

But that picture of how barren the lines to access the demo is pretty damning. I heard it was sparse....but holy crap. Feels like there should be some tumbleweeds. XD