Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The expansion saw strong participation in value-added services.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Translation: 90% already unsubbed but the whales still smash the cash shop. All good under the hood.

I'm personally buying a lot more blizz store goodies just to vote with my wallet. Love BfA, got 2 pets and 1 mount in the last 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm personally buying a lot more blizz store goodies just to vote with my wallet. Love BfA, got 2 pets and 1 mount in the last 2 weeks.
    Keep fighting the good fight

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    the whales still smash the cash shop.
    Umm.....disturbing accuracy here.....

Only one pet (the charity one... I ALWAYS buy the charity pet... still inlove with Mischief, renamed "Athos") and one mount for me, cause WoW is dying, and I don't know how long I will be able to use them.

Did you unsub?

Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    Only one pet (the charity one... I ALWAYS buy the charity pet... still inlove with Mischief, renamed "Athos") and one mount for me, cause WoW is dying, and I don't know how long I will be able to use them.
    It's been dying since 2004...

Not overly surprising.

I've always been in the camp that the vocal & hardcore Blizzard fans have been heavily ignored in favor of a larger, quieter fanbase. Most people don't frequent forums. BFA is a very good expansion from a casual perspective, not so much from the hardcore, min/max mythic raid perspective. Same is true for a lot of their games.

I took that as "lots of people doing our new stuff, like warfronts/islands".
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    It's been dying since 2004...
    Of course! everytime I buy a new thing from the store (and I do it pretty often) I'm risking a lot! I don't think at the actual rate of dyiness (is that a word?), we will enjoy more than 12 or 13 new expansions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    You are safe. They will still make pets and mounts except content but you don't care much about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Not overly surprising.

I've always been in the camp that the vocal & hardcore Blizzard fans have been heavily ignored in favor of a larger, quieter fanbase. Most people don't frequent forums. BFA is a very good expansion from a casual perspective, not so much from the hardcore, min/max mythic raid perspective. Same is true for a lot of their games.

Uh, the OP's pov is not at all like yours. It's more that the few with a ton of money are propping up video games. The vast majority of people have voted with their wallets and left the game.

Deleted
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Translation: 90% already unsubbed but the whales still smash the cash shop. All good under the hood.
    I literally lol'ed here tho:
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not overly surprising.

It has nothing to do with that. Its just pure garbage quality for people with no standards hence only blind fanboys who throw cash in shops are still left playing after everyone and his dog got sick of azerite simulator in the first two months.

It has nothing to do with that. Its just pure garbage quality for people with no standards hence only blind fanboys who throw cash in shops are still left playing after everyone and his dog got sick of azerite simulator in the first two months.
    Okie dokie. I assume you have a source for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Uh, the OP's pov is not at all like yours. It's more that the few with a ton of money are propping up video games. The vast majority of people have voted with their wallets and left the game.
    I was disagreeing with him, pretty obvious. Also, I'll ask the same, do you have a source for "the vast majority of people have ... left the game"?

Because by Blizzard's own statements in their Q3 call, you're both totally off the mark and it seems to just be your personal feelings.
    – C.S. Lewis

I would argue the revenue comes from players they lured into the "Buy a race change to be an Allied Race while we totally do not entice you to buy race changes for them!"-trap.

Buying mounts and pets is cool. You buy them once for your entire account. Buying race changes + boosts for Allied Races is the new shit, though....and to be serious fr a second: They did of course design this feature from the ground up with selling more character services as the real goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all over the internet in any bfa mentions and discussions along with the obvious in the thread title.

Deleted
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...y-you-unsubbed
    Countless forum threads here, official forums, vids on YT, Twitch. Everything is fine. Keep buying high RoI eye candy.

Because by Blizzard's own statements in their Q3 call, you're both totally off the mark and it seems to just be your personal feelings.
    WHICH exact statement does contradict our perception that everyone and their dog got sick of current BfA?

Its all over the internet in any bfa mentions and discussions along with the obvious in the thread title.
    So no, thanks for clearing that up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...y-you-unsubbed
    Countless forum threads here, official forums, vids on YT, Twitch. Everything is fine. Keep buying high RoI eye candy.
    So also no, that is what I thought. Thanks guys! 789 votes on that thread, versus nearly 10x that in unique views. Seems like the majority did not unsub, since they didn't vote.
    – C.S. Lewis

I was disagreeing with him, pretty obvious. Also, I'll ask the same, do you have a source for "the vast majority of people have ... left the game"?

Point to me where they said that? Also this is the same Blizz that said 'Diablo Immortal was met positively and will be a great success' too, meanwhile in reality their stock is getting pummeled right now.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth set a new day-one franchise record with more than 3.4 million units sold-through.
    That line to me doesn't mean 'we have a ton of people playing' and more along the lines means 'we sold a lot of copies but people aren't playing it anymore'. If they had a lot of people still subbed, they would've mentioned that but it's all about the cashshop because they've probably been hemorrhaging players at a faster rate than in WoD. Obviously we don't have a solid source to go on for sub numbers because Blizzard doesn't give us them anymore. The current situation is exactly why most likely. I definitely don't see a ton of people suddenly playing the game, more like pretty much everyone on my FL isn't even in the game at all and playing other games. (Anecdotal is the best can get)

10+ Year Old Account
    if Ion came out and said they have 100k players left you would still try to spin the obvious. Some massive levels of denial.