This is the best time to be playing WoW

While WoW arguably isnt that fun right now, it is the most advantageous time to be playing the game. WoW Expacs always go through the same cycle: Xpac hits, first raid is released, and when people finish the first raid alot of them get bored and quit, only to come back when blizzard finally gets their shit together and releases a good patch. Only thing is, those people who quit for so long are going to wish they were playing the game during that time, as they have alot of catching up to do. Those who stick around and do what needs to be done (level azerite level, grind keystones, farm raids) are going to be completely caught up and at an advantage when the "good" patch comes around, be it 8.2 or 8.3.

I'm saying this as I know from experience, every expac that comes out a mass of players quit after the first month because they get "bored". They come back when they hear that blizzard got their ducks in a row and release an awesome patch, and they sit there wishing they weren't so far behind of anyone else.

the xpac sucks right now, but im going to stick around and stay caught up because im confident that this expansion will be alot better when 8.2 or 8.3 or even 8.4 come around.

Now i know blizzard always releases catchup mechanics, but never have they made a catchup mechanic to make you as competitive as compared to the person who hasnt not played for a month.

Yeah sure....doing Island Expeditions for 2 months and going completely insane is a rather huge advantage compared to the person who returns for the new raid and is maybe 2 levels behind after he did the one-time-story-quests.

I am not saying you should not be playing...you should be playing if what you do in the game is actually fun for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxc317 View Post
    the xpac sucks right now, but im going to stick around and stay caught up because im confident that this expansion will be alot better when 8.2 or 8.3 or even 8.4 come around.
    Good for you, i think you beat the system.
    I hope you'll have fun again at some point later in the expansion or maybe the next one.

Tze catchup mechanics are insane right now. It actually is way better to do everything later, you will never be behinf by more than 1% ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can attest to this. I took a month break, but popped back in this week for a bit. I'm only 1 neck level behind them due to catch ups. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Tze catchup mechanics are insane right now. It actually is way better to do everything later, you will never be behinf by more than 1% ever.
    legion had catchup mechanics on argus that got you to 920 max. the people who were playing the expansion the whole time had all their tier and their BiS legendaries which put them at a massive advantage to those who had just come back and were living off of catchup mechanics.

Deleted
    if that was true there wouldn't be such a huge amount of catch up mechanics implemented in game.

and though, even with catch up mechanics you wont sky rocket to the same level as people who continued playing avidly during that time.
    it will easily put you on par with the level of the current mid/endgame content within a week of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice try Blizzard shill.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

There shouldn’t have to be catch up mechanics. Artifacts ruin the game making it not alt friendly. Game hasn’t been alt friendly since WoD.

Also Infested ruined Mythic+. It’s not fun to pug keys with that cancer.

legion had catchup mechanics on argus that got you to 920 max. the people who were playing the expansion the whole time had all their tier and their BiS legendaries which put them at a massive advantage to those who had just come back and were living off of catchup mechanics.
    That was legion, your post is about BfA. Legion did have very easy catch up mechanics after they changed not needing to actively research AP. The only thing holding people back would be farming out leggos.

BfA is even easier to catch up. Collect free 340 pieces from WQ and certain emissaries and Warfront rares. You'll catch up in necklace AP super easy. At worst you'll be a couple levels behind those that actually grind. Free 370 from Warfront scenario, azerite gear emissaries, free m+ cache rewards (free as in the timer doesn't matter and you only need 1 run at whatever level your comfortable with).

nice joke, m8

I'd say making these "systems" where players are left behind by default is not a good place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    There shouldn’t have to be catch up mechanics. Artifacts ruin the game making it not alt friendly. Game hasn’t been alt friendly since WoD.

Also Infested ruined Mythic+. It’s not fun to pug keys with that cancer.
    Infected isnt a hard affix so if thats your reason to not do m+ im sorry, but youre just bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    I'd say making these "systems" where players are left behind by default is not a good place to be.
    It is actually. People who put in more effort should have an advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    That was legion, your post is about BfA. Legion did have very easy catch up mechanics after they changed not needing to actively research AP. The only thing holding people back would be farming out leggos.

BfA is even easier to catch up. Collect free 340 pieces from WQ and certain emissaries and Warfront rares. You'll catch up in necklace AP super easy. At worst you'll be a couple levels behind those that actually grind. Free 370 from Warfront scenario, azerite gear emissaries, free m+ cache rewards (free as in the timer doesn't matter and you only need 1 run at whatever level your comfortable with).
    and it could take someone months for them to get their BiS leggos which made them useless compared to other dps who already have it.

and 370 isnt even good anymore. Alot of people who are pushing content have mostly 380 pieces of gear so the catchup gear youre referring to will probably bring you to about 350-365 ilvl which likely wont get you invited to anything.

not to mention raider io score. People ask for 1k+ score now but soon theyll be asking for 1.5k score and those who werent farming their keystones will be left in the dust. and then all the people who come back after quitting for a month will be crying because they dont get invited to anything because of their ilvl/io score/achievements.

It's fun if you like games like Farmville. Log in, do the shit you "need" to do then log out. If you're looking for an immersive RPG experience, look elsewhere because that is not what modern WoW is.

It is actually. People who put in more effort should have an advantage.
    Looking at blizzard's history of these "effort" systems are not good source btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Looking at blizzard's history of these "effort" systems are not good source btw.
    you think that players who play couple of hours a day and not even play every day and only do couple of dungeons essentially should have the same gear as people that play more and raid mythic?

Well, not sure why the OP is banned or why people dont agree.

This is a well known fact for anyone that has half a brain and understands what the game is about.

No one cares about your pathetic character if you are 50 item levels behind and you do 40% of the DPS your class is supposed to be doing at that period of time.\

No one cares about your 920ilvl character with Prydaz when the actual character is supposed to have proper legendaries and 975 average item level cause thats where you are supposed to be if you had half a clue about the game.

Same applies now, no one cares about your 350 ilvl character with neck level 24, which is why you cry at forums about M+ invites.

Which is why after MoP, and the cancer of catching up back then i figured its much easier to stay subbed, play 5-10h/week, be caught up, raid with friends, have a decent item level (around 380 now) instead of quitting, only to return and having to play 40 hours/week for 2-3 weeks to try to play catch up.

Cybering...lvling battle pets...cybering..doing the occasional wq.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    you think that players who play couple of hours a day and not even play every day and only do couple of dungeons essentially should have the same gear as people that play more and raid mythic?
    I don't think that. But I guess I can help you to understand what I was referring in my sentence. Azerite power and Artifact power. Systems that are extra ontop of regular gear progression in wow. Those are not good "effort" systems, and I think wow is better off without them.

At which point was I talking about legion?