Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Good Raiders Who Refuse to Farm Raid Mats

I'm on a great raid team. We're almost done with Mythic Uldir. Out of the 20 of us, only three people contribute mats for bountiful feasts. Even at rank 3, these require a lot of mats. So many that I think Blizzard's intention was to make it a pot luck thing. They're one of two options for primary stat buffs. Buying them isn't an option (mats or feasts). Gold earning in game isn't enough to pay for enough of them. We made it a requirement for everyone to farm or buy feast mats, and some have, but others do nothing. They're our top raiders, though. Alll they do outside of raid is PvP.

We're thinking of recruiting raiders who are equally good, making the farming requirement clear, and then slowly phase the mooches out. But I know that can backfire, so I came out here for other suggestions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you spoken to them individually about it? Sure you can tell the whole team on discord and some will pick it up and some wont. So just do that, speak to them individually and tell them how important it is.

No matter what content I was pushing I was never made to feel bad or forced to farm raid mats.
    Nor have I ever joined a guild where farming was a requirement to be in the guild.
    However if your "top raiders" are simply always asking for free flasks/food then yeah.. I'd have a problem and I'd just tell them to buy their own or go in unbuffed and if they are out performed because of it.. then they aren't really that good of raiders lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Put up or shut up"

Get people that help out. Layout terms, let them know that those that don't bring mats next week will be benched(for alts to make a point) and if it happens twice they are off the raid team.

Spending 10-15 minutes fishing is not the end of the world and when everyone helps out 1-3 people are not stuck fishing for hours for the benefit of the lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

My guild does Donation drives for things that are needed every month and earn enough gold/ mats to provide the feasts and other raid stuff to each member. The top donators get a prize usually a cool pet or mount something like that from the G bank of cool stuff.

Or just show up one week with no feasts and just your own food. Just say you ran out

I make feasts for my guild but we post the specific needs. Even non raiders help
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    I'm on a great raid team. We're almost done with Mythic Uldir. Out of the 20 of us, only three people contribute mats for bountiful feasts. Even at rank 3, these require a lot of mats. So many that I think Blizzard's intention was to make it a pot luck thing. They're one of two options for primary stat buffs. Buying them isn't an option (mats or feasts). Gold earning in game isn't enough to pay for enough of them. We made it a requirement for everyone to farm or buy feast mats, and some have, but others do nothing. They're our top raiders, though. Alll they do outside of raid is PvP.

We're thinking of recruiting raiders who are equally good, making the farming requirement clear, and then slowly phase the mooches out. But I know that can backfire, so I came out here for other suggestions.
    Our guild would sell heroic spots and carries and then use guild bank money to pay for feasts/cauldrons. The only thing raiders had to provide are potions for themselves.

I don't know might try looking into something like that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ALL non main spec upgrade BoEs sold on AH to pay for feasts, no more farming necessary or just state that all raiders are welcome on raid night but only those that contribute get loot

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    ALL non main spec upgrade BoEs sold on AH to pay for feasts, no more farming necessary or just state that all raiders are welcome on raid night but only those that contribute get loot
    That doesn't work anymore with Personal Loot, you have 0 control over who does and doesn't get loot.

Just sell some heroic ghuun carries on your heroic day. Although we didn't have any buyers this week. Demand is probably dropping off.

PvP gives boxes with like 80 gold every win and items that never are upgrades that you can just sell or scrap and sell the mats. I'm sure they can make enough gold to contribute.

15+ Year Old Account

Just do what all mythic guilds do sell heroic carries.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Good guild should provide free flasks/food/potions/runes etc. So raiders can be focused on raiding instead of farming reagents/gold/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Good guild should provide free flasks/food/potions/runes etc. So raiders can be focused on raiding instead of farming reagents/gold/whatever.
    That's horseshit, you mooch. All raiders should contribute, especially when the recipes require so many mats. Like mentioned earlier, it takes 10-15 minutes, but x 20, that would provide more than enough mats. The only thing I feel the guild should provide is repair money (and we do.)

We did talk to them individually. They are well aware of the situation.

We mentioned selling heroic carries when we first brought up the mats issue, and most opted to do some farming instead. They'd like our heroic runs to be used for alts, which I understand.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I like the bench for an alt idea and the guild bank prize. I'll try those. If the mooches still don't contribute, we'll recruit replacements and phase them out for 8.1. Thanks again.

Best option would be turn off guild repairs and just use guild funds to pay for it.

If you really want to send a message, create a new rank in your guild "Non-contributor" and turn off guild repairs just for them.

Create farm day event. I doubt anybody is thrilled about solo farming anything.

That's horseshit, you mooch. All raiders should contribute, especially when the recipes require so many mats.
    They contribute by earning the guild 1000 gold per week. The guild SHOULD pay for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you've asked the whole team to contribute and these people don't, talk to them individually. If they refuse, replace them. You can find more dps. It isn't fair to the rest of the team if they aren't helping out (if that was the request made to the whole team).

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Where does that free stuff come from if the guild doesn't sell heroic carries?

We made a rule that if boe drops on raid, we sell it and money from it goes to guild bank, 15% returns to person who looted it. And money from GB goes for flasks and food.