Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    In a game this size, constantly introducing zones is a major issue (see Mechagon and Nazjatar). To me, the game would be better served if they revamped, rebuilt, and reused existing areas to enhance the story. For example, what's wrong with an expansion in Lordaeron?
    They would again destroy leveling. I hate that I have to go to Sylvanas to get warchief's call to help Garrosh in his war in Ashenvale. They should revamp levelling to be HD Vanilla to make it okay with timelines.

- - - Updated - - -

Then we would get less classes and races, so no. Also, these patches feel empty. Some patches, like Tides of Vengeance doesn't add any new zone. Others don't have any story outside of raids, for example Tomb of Sargeras. There are also patches that could be entire expansion with less rushed story, like Shadows of Argus.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Only if they really succeed with the theme of expansion.

3 years of MoP or Legion? Sure.
    3 years of WoD or BfA? Fuck no.

10+ Year Old Account
    correct first question should be 'would a/b be ok with expansions every 3 years instead of 2' and I cannot imagine the answer is yes under the current revenue model. Expansions make a LOT of money every 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Moot point tbh, Blizzard wouldn't be fine with getting massive box sale revenue 50% less often. They even tried to push for yearly expansions until finally during WOD they realized that it's impossible with their development cycle. Every new expansion is millions in box sales and millions in new / returning subs, and that number quickly drops off. They want this surge as often as possible. We're getting new expansions whether we're ready for them or not, and whether they are ready, or not.
    and finally someone said it.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

I would be completely ok if they had the expected amount of content between each patch cycle (and it lasted fairly long) and quality (which is rather subjective, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Are you joking? BfA is bad because it’s literally legion 2.0 with some of legions systems removed. The main complaint towards BfA is that it feels like a patch rather than an expansion because it’s so similar to legion just with shittier systems (like azerite, islands warfronts etc).

They -need- to add new shit or people will leave. They don’t need to completely redo classes but adding new shit generally feels good when it has purpose. They barely changed certain classes and they feel awful.

Sorry but no. Reinventing the game is how they’ve kept it fresh for so long. BfA is basically legion with a few of its own systems (namely 3). It has the same class design as legion just without legion specific systems.

They didn’t do much with class design and it’s one of the most complained about things on every forum. There’s obviously areas where you don’t need to iterate much but changing things with purpose has been pretty good. Leaving classes how they did was pretty damn bad because they expected azerite gear to “fill the gaps” (from Ions mouth) like the weapons did. This didn’t work so they iterated on some specs and left others.

OT: No I feel like that’s way too long. 2 years is more than enough honestly. It just feels like they didn’t pay enough attention to the right things. They stripped a ton of class specific systems away after legion and then expected azerite gear to carry class design which it didn’t.
    Historically, they have fundamentally changed the game every xpac. Legion to BFA is what it is. They took away more than anything else and replaced it with nothing really. My class has never been this boring to play which makes everything else infinitely worse to play. The only thing they kept from Legion was WQ's and M+, both of which I have mixed feelings about anyway.

Are you thinking I am trying to defend Blizzard here, cause I'm not? The game is an absolute shit right now and I unsubbed over a month ago already.

Sure, i'd be ok with it, fewer complete gameplay-overhauls would be nice, and if it makes the individual expansions (and their stories) better, why not?

I can't wait for the omnishambles that is BfA to be over though, so let them start with it next expansion. :P

Rapid expansions are meaningless if they are as garbage as BfA.

I would rather blizzard release an expo "when its ready" but have it actually be well designed and interesting to play.

Deleted
    Nah... i think there's such a thing as outstaying your welcome. It leads to stagnation. It's good to see things moving along and things like Kul'tiras and Zandalar being developed into fully fledged continents rather than small islands.

Many patch areas, be it Argus, or even the upcoming Nazjatar would be better imo if fully fledged rather than small islands/areas. Argus in particular is a good example to me. They could have made a full expansion out of it. There were early plans for it, but it was reduced to 3 tiny areas instead. So, if anything i'd rather more expansions and less patches, just to do every zone justice.

For example this fan version of Argus would've been better for me:
    https://imgur.com/jLiTctO
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-11-12 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care how we get it or when we get it. As long as there is stuff to do I don't care if xpacs last 4 years or 1.

I've said for years that the pace of expansions is too fast, and I wish players would stop pressuring Blizzard to churn them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Hypothetically if content and story is good and regular yes

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    BFA is great in a lot of areas, but I think another year of development would of helped a lot.

Would you be ok with a extra year between expansions and a few extra patches with new zones and raids.
    The art ist finished and the dungeons, the rest is merely in beta.

Dev should really spent more time on class design and professions like leatherworking.

Also the azerite armor and necklace.......why doing this at all? Path of the Titans would be more interesting even... I tell you why in a second - path of the Titans in beta had unique art and talent trees, depending on the titan, it was a little bit like artefact weapons. Look at the necklace. It has no art or talent tree. I think such "small" things are very important for the endgame immersion of the game.

Devs allready said they want to do something more with that necklace - so i would say, devs know all the issues, they are not blind/dumb - but they had not enough time to polish BfA at release, 8.1. will help some but still many things are lacking.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2018-11-12 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    In a game this size, constantly introducing zones is a major issue (see Mechagon and Nazjatar). To me, the game would be better served if they revamped, rebuilt, and reused existing areas to enhance the story. For example, what's wrong with an expansion in Lordaeron?
    They could start with revamping Qual'Thalas and Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isle so we can fly there.

We need to scrap BFA as soon as possible. Every old mechanic are worst then before and undeveloped; every new shit are just bad and shity.

5+ Year Old Account
    If they could put in consistent content that provides a means of progression and fun - sure!

I'm all for giving them more time to develop expansions, as long as it doesn't cause stagnation on the live game.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I think the 2 year cycle is a very healthy choice. If done right ... ...which i agree Blizzard not always did... ...this can often hit just the mark between being slightly bored but still hyped for what comes next.The boredom period can be long if the new things are great. It also gives people a new chance at greatness every 2 years because its basically all back to 0. Which is also good... Ithink 2 years is just a very good time frame.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably need to start worrying about what mobile app abortion will be replacing updates to WoW in the not to distant future.

You are assuming that giving them an extra year would improve an expansion. That's a highly unlikely outcome.