Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I dunno, man. It seems like Blizzard's writers are just unable to keep the facts straight anymore. They really ought to hire someone whose job is literally to "proof" all writing, check the Lore for inconsistencies. It seems like they're all just "winging it" now.
    The funny thing is they actually have people for that. They said so just a few months ago. Those people are just doing a piss-poor job it seems.

Edit: Found the interview where they said it:

https://www.sciencealert.com/world-o...terview-part-2
    Last edited by Sangris; 2018-11-09 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    They even made NPCs refer to Tyrande as "Queen of the Night Elves" during the Darkshore Warfront.
    This was changed retroactively recently.

I'm growing ever concerned that no developer is left with the original spirit of the game, and that they stopped caring about WoW at this point...
    And even if this is just some stupid mistake and not a retcon, the feeling that Blizzard doesn't really give a shit about their game anymore remains. It's that kind of sneaking suspicion that won't go away once it's established within the community.

I don't see how this is a "retcon" at all. She gave her excuses that it was all done without her knowledge, but I remember there being a question over the whole thing. Sure, the Undercity parts were clearly outside her control, but I always believed the story was that she ordered them to create the blight, then they took it too far.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Couldn’t this just mean they were writing sylvanas at the wrathgate/battle for undercity?

well it's an easy way out of the "she suddenly turns crazy" narrative.

sadly, if true this pushes her even more in the mustache twirling villain category.

can already see her "revealing" her grand scheme in a 5 minute monologue before we get to fight her.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    well it's an easy way out of the "she suddenly turns crazy" narrative.

sadly, if true this pushes her even more in the mustache twirling villain category.

can already see her "revealing" her grand scheme in a 5 minute monologue before we get to fight her.
    agree every single word.
    at this rate she can reveal how she killed Mankrik's wife also

Y’all are jumping the gun on this. Sounds like it was oddly worded, or he just forgot.

That said a retcon of this caliber would be the most amateur shit ever lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    I don't see how this is a "retcon" at all. She gave her excuses that it was all done without her knowledge, but I remember there being a question over the whole thing. Sure, the Undercity parts were clearly outside her control, but I always believed the story was that she ordered them to create the blight, then they took it too far.
    She did order its creation. She wanted it made just to kill the scourge and Arthas, and perhaps later, the living (but, that wouldn't make sense as she commits suicide after Arthas death.)

So basically, they are pulling an reverse Illidan on Sylvanas.

If i had to make sense out of this:
    Sylvanas ordered Putress bomb the shit out of the Wrathgate as she somehow knew the LK would show up.
    Sylvanas obviously wants to kill the LK no matter the cost, Putress even says: "This is the hour of the Forsaken" (Kinda weird sentence for a traitor).
    The Apothecaries in Northrend have shown little concern living beings, so that might explain the "Death to the living".

Varimathras then uses the chaos to stage his long planned coup, as Sylvanas' plan to kill the LK failed and she killed lots of Alliance / Horde soldiers, she cannot use the "Well the Lk died" excuse as planned.
    Sylvanas then decided to play stupid, turn the story around and paint any Apothecary with insider knowledge (such as Putress) as loyalist of Varimathras, they ironically have no choice but to join Varimathras coup as both Alliance and Horde want to kill them now.

Queue the outcome, Forsaken utterly unaware of whats happening saw it as an obvious coup by Varimathras, Sylvanas says she had no knowledge and claims Varimathras is to blame for everything.

I probably missed something, but i guess that is how they might spin it.

SYLVANAS'S ROLE AT THE WRATH GATE
    Like most good lies, Sylvanas Windrunner's account of the rebellion in the Undercity contained some truth. Grand Apothecary Putress truly had attempted to overthrow her, and Varimathras truly was trying to claim the Forsaken in the name of the Burning Legion.

But the plague bad been created at her direction. Sylvanas was willing to take vengeance against the Lich King at almost any cost, even by making a weapon as deadly as the plague. Whether she was aware that Putress and Varimathras were planning to use the concoction remained a mystery. Rumors persisted that she knew about the attack at the Wrath Gate beforehand, and her denials did not assuage the doubts of her detractors.
    Sylvanas definitely did some lying about what happened, and 100% lied to her Warchief to escape persecution, but it's left vague as to how much she may have been involved with orchestrating events or allowing them to happen.

Wont be surprised if they reveal it was Arthas who plagued Stratholme...

The blight was absolutely developed by Sylvannas and the forsaken for use at the Wrathgate. From what I remember, the guy you help make it in the forsaken base in Dragonblight very specifically tells you that it is the horde's plan to use it there and he very specifically goes out of his way to test the blight to make sure it works on humans too. The issue with the Wrathgate incident was never that the blight was used, it was that it was (Supposedly) used at the wrong time for the wrong commander. If anything putress allowed the entire horde to save face with the alliance. The forsaken weren't exactly being sneaky about what their R&D department were cooking up. Even in howling fjord the first test subjects for the blight were the alliance ships sailing in behind vengeance landing.

At the end of the day the undead are going to undead. The bulk of their society being scourge 2.0 makes ( in my opinion ) the few who aren't, like alonsus faol far more interesting. The issue with this though is that for the undead to behave like undead they need conniving, callous leadership and if we're just sitting there waiting for them to cross a line so we can put them down.... Well, the warchief position being musical chairs is already old hat. We don't exactly need that to extend to undead leadership too, but if the undead were to become less evil then they'd basically just be smellier human and the few undead who can rise above their state of decay become far less interesting as they lose that contrast with the rest of their people.

word of advice:

Don't believe everything what the developers or writers say.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Sylvanas definitely did some lying about what happened, and 100% lied to her Warchief to escape persecution, but it's left vague as to how much she may have been involved with orchestrating events or allowing them to happen.
    My bet that she wasn't directly involved in it, she only knew about it. She just let those two to plot against her and did nothing to intercept them at all. I mean why would she? Basically their primary target was her most hatred enemy, Arthas.

Yeah, pretty sure he's just referring to her "secret" creation of the Blight. Not Putress/Varimathras plaguebombing Alliance AND Horde at the Wrathgate and then attempting to overthrow her at the Undercity... why would she orchestrate her coup hahaha.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Wont be surprised if they reveal it was Arthas who plagued Stratholme...
    It was actually Sylvanas from the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-1...n-for-sylvanas

Well, that sure is something. I guess Putress and Vatimathras were just her patsies. Or Blizzard doesn't exactly know their lore, misspoke, or decided this is how it should be.
    holy eye opener batman.

whelp, half the essays written on this website just went to shit with that one statement lawl.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Regatorn View Post
    My bet that she wasn't directly involved in it, she only knew about it. She just let those two to plot against her and did nothing to intercept them at all. I mean why would she?
    Because she's not retarded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    This is so comical I want it to be true.
    GET YOUR FLOTATION DEVICE READY WILDBERRY!

we are about to get flooded.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure he's just referring to her "secret" creation of the Blight. Not Putress/Varimathras plaguebombing Alliance AND Horde at the Wrathgate and then attempting to overthrow her at the Undercity... why would she orchestrate her coup hahaha.
    Why wouldn't she orchestrate or allow a coup, if it puts all suspicion on some convenient scapegoats?