Thread: Demo changes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Demo will never be a competitive m+ specc without getting a baseline interrupt.
    Demo can be a competitive raid specc on single target bosses if it gets a damage buff but will never be comparable to destro/affli on many bosses simply because it has no ability to cheese out damage with multi dots / havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Turibur View Post
    Demo will never be a competitive m+ specc without getting a baseline interrupt.
    Demo can be a competitive raid specc on single target bosses if it gets a damage buff but will never be comparable to destro/affli on many bosses simply because it has no ability to cheese out damage with multi dots / havoc.
    You mean they'll never compete in the MDI, who gives a shit. Demo locks are doing 18-19's now which is higher than anyone posting here I'm sure.

The damage from bats and Tempest are identical now. Tempest has a 1min CD, better for ST (cost no shards) and follows the mob if it runs away.

Bats are on a 30sec CD, "always" there in every pull for M+, costs 2 shards and is a fixed "medium size" AoE.

I think bats are going to be the go to for M+.
    Soul strike getting buffed is also pretty good, specially for explosives.

I already enjoyed demon a lot for M+, now it's more consistent.

PS: bats do 25k damage and Tempest too for me on the PTR.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted
    Might be a bit offtopic, but since we are talking about m+.
    I played some keys lately and it looks the demonic strength empowerd bladestorm generates lots of aggro.
    Even if i use it 10s+ into the fight, my felguard will draw attention of some mobs and is very like to die (aggro Aura is deactivated ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    Might be a bit offtopic, but since we are talking about m+.
    I played some keys lately and it looks the demonic strength empowerd bladestorm generates lots of aggro.
    Even if i use it 10s+ into the fight, my felguard will draw attention of some mobs and is very like to die (aggro Aura is deactivated ofc)
    It does and if you use straight off in a dungeon the tank may not have abilities to have threat on all mobs yet but I've never had an issue a few seconds in. Raids should never be an issue either.

Is the threat icon purple? Rather than a white ball surrounded by blue. As just turning off the autocast doesn't actually turn the threat generation off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    It does and if you use straight off in a dungeon the tank may not have abilities to have threat on all mobs yet but I've never had an issue a few seconds in. Raids should never be an issue either.

Is the threat icon purple? Rather than a white ball surrounded by blue. As just turning off the autocast doesn't actually turn the threat generation off.
    Hm i turned the autocast off (the game does it nowadays when entering a dungeon).
    Will check at home, thanks for the hint.

edit: thanks! Ofc felguard did have his aura activated after turning off autocast. My UI didnt show pet-buffs #feelsbadman
    Last edited by mmoc7c5345aa0c; 2018-12-04 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    The damage from bats and Tempest are identical now. Tempest has a 1min CD, better for ST (cost no shards) and follows the mob if it runs away.

Bats are on a 30sec CD, "always" there in every pull for M+, costs 2 shards and is a fixed "medium size" AoE.

I think bats are going to be the go to for M+.
    Soul strike getting buffed is also pretty good, specially for explosives.

I already enjoyed demon a lot for M+, now it's more consistent.

PS: bats do 25k damage and Tempest too for me on the PTR.
    If Bats still cost 2 shards they will absolutely be worse, are you kidding me? That's 4 shards vs 0 over the course of a minute, which is huge.

I wish they would nerf DS into uselessness so I could stop taking it. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have the ability be unusable while your Felguard is Bladestorming AND have the cooldown of both abilities line up perfectly?

Honestly I’d much rather see demonic strength just be a buffed felstorm, not a separate keybind ability. Feels like meaningless button bloat to me. Why the crap does the pet need 2? Reduce the cool down and increase the power of felstorm and be done with it.

Bats are cool but shard cost feels steep at 2, maybe 1 and keep present damage so nothing else has to be messed with. Two shards is too pricey without a gimmick like vortex or root. It would be nice to have a strong utility go to...while other choices handle damage burst vs more regular.

DC really doesn’t need a proc chance. Why? You can’t reset the cooldown or anything. All that can happen is you get screwed to varying degrees. So why do we want that? How is this fun? Haven’t they learned yet that endless RNG isn’t fun?

Nether Portal still is a collection of all that sucks about being a warlock...just give us a handful of doomguards please

Tyrant and VF need to be instant cast...at least Tyrant.

Increase HoG’s damage per shard up to 3x by 25% per shard.

Doom just needs to go away in favor of imp swarm (help with ramp up) on 1 min CD.

STS goes away for a 1 min CD KJC for 10 seconds with 10% crit buff

ALL specs get call felhunter interrupt 24 second cooldown baseline pve.

That is what 8.1 needs. It is fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    If Bats still cost 2 shards they will absolutely be worse, are you kidding me? That's 4 shards vs 0 over the course of a minute, which is huge.

I wish they would nerf DS into uselessness so I could stop taking it. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have the ability be unusable while your Felguard is Bladestorming AND have the cooldown of both abilities line up perfectly?
    Can't really say that I've had that problem. Having a WA to watch over CDs and such to know when to and when not to press buttons and such.

What is the problem with 2 shards? It's 2 casts of shadowbolt, it's only there so you can't burst the hell of everything at once in every pull.

I'll be using it a lot for experimentation, will see how it turns out.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Anyone here getting happy about the Demo changes don't understand what issues Demo have.

Don't get excited, our class designers still have 0 idea of what they are doing.
    Blizzard devs became so damn clueless about so many things.. that i have to make sure at least 1-2 hours have passed since i eat my meal in order to avoid puking when reading their blue posts..

This expansion is another lost opportunity to make Demon great.

May be the next one. No hope for the rest of BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    This expansion is another lost opportunity to make Demon great.

May be the next one. No hope for the rest of BfA.
    I personally really like how it is now, the overall aesthetic anyway. Numbers could be a bit better, ramp needs to be adjusted, and maybe add an ability or two to make the core rotation more than 2-3 buttons (but that's an issue many classes have, just feels boring).

But I don't think it needs an overhaul, just some tweaking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I personally really like how it is now, the overall aesthetic anyway. Numbers could be a bit better, ramp needs to be adjusted, and maybe add an ability or two to make the core rotation more than 2-3 buttons (but that's an issue many classes have, just feels boring).

But I don't think it needs an overhaul, just some tweaking.
    The instant Dreadstalker talent resetting the CD would go a LONG way to making Demo much better overall.

so what Talents we take now for SingleTarget ? Demo seems to be pretty good now

Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    Same as before.

I'm giving a shot to nether portal tonight with bats+felguard but not really expecting an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    BB instead of DeStr.
    Also Doom is looking strong.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    BB instead of DeStr.
    Also Doom is looking strong.

what has changed related to doom?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    what has changed related to doom?
    Haste scaling!

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post

whats the bat?