Thread: Demo changes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    whats the bat?
    Bilescourge Bombers, T15 talent.

    They're pretty darn strong now.

  2. #42
    Also I forgot that Ss is strong enough to look competitive in raid environs now. Svf will still win out for a cookie cutter but it's got a healthy enough wallop now that the extra movement it provides shouldn't be outright ignored.(not to mention the additional shards it throws your way speeding the rotation up.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  3. #43
    Really liking the spec right now. BsB feels great to press. I wish it had a clearer visual on the ground, though.

    Still no excuse for no baseline kick, and I'd like to have Dreadstalkers instant, Power Siphon off the GCD (like that balance talent for instant starfire), and Implosion to kill imps that are about to spawn, but overall I would be happy to go into BDA with the spec as it is.
    Last edited by Kwaai; 2018-12-18 at 04:09 PM.

  4. #44
    PS would almost certainly be classed as am offensive cooldown so it's probably going nowhere.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  5. #45
    Can someone quick tell me whats the most universal build for M+ after the patch? Did not played demo for a long time and would like to try it again.

  6. #46
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Really liking the spec right now. BsB feels great to press. I wish it had a clearer visual on the ground, though.

    Still no excuse for no baseline kick, and I'd like to have Dreadstalkers instant, Power Siphon off the GCD (like that balance talent for instant starfire), and Implosion to kill imps that are about to spawn, but overall I would be happy to go into BDA with the spec as it is.
    The only real issue I have on demo currently is the no baseline kick. The easiest fix is simply make the felguard stun work like an interupt if the target is immune to stuns. One of the jobs of DPS is to interrupt stuff and having no way of actually doing that in the vast majority of dungeon/raid fights where it matters is a real issue.

    Otherwise my damage is really good my demo does way more damage than my boomkin with similar gear and once you get rolling its a pretty fun fluid rotation.

  8. #48
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The only real issue I have on demo currently is the no baseline kick. The easiest fix is simply make the felguard stun work like an interupt if the target is immune to stuns.
    Or just make the talent they have as a pvp talent baseline. Zero reason not to have an interrupt with how much they're pushing m+ and there's zero reason why a demonology warlock wouldn't be able to conjure up a felhunter for a second. The ability is right there, it just needs flagging as a baseline instead of pvp talent.

  9. #49
    If they're super keen on limiting demo's ability to interrupt, make a talent turning FG's stun into an interrupt. Not sure what the value in keeping it separate is, but if they want that to be some kind of tradeoff for some reason, then that's a solution.

  10. #50
    They could make it interrupt + disarm instead in one ability, functionally it could be very similar.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If they're super keen on limiting demo's ability to interrupt, make a talent turning FG's stun into an interrupt. Not sure what the value in keeping it separate is, but if they want that to be some kind of tradeoff for some reason, then that's a solution.
    Previously they were like just use the dog if you need interupts but BFA added a number of good talents that require the felguard to work. It is asking people a lot to both respec AND use a non optimal pet just to one of the basic jobs of DPS aka interrupt spells.

  12. #52
    The Lightbringer MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,079
    can someone help me out.

    If i run sims it sims the highest if i go Int -> crit -> Vers -> Haste -> mastery
    however every guide/forum/build goes int > haste - > Crit/Mastery -> Vers

    Is sims/pawn missing something or should i trust what simms vs guide

  13. #53
    Sims are goofy. Use top gear function instead
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  14. #54
    Wow im behind on the times. So Demo is toptier again? I benched my lock main from vanilla in MoP and he's currently rotting at 110 as Demo was the only spec so played... if this is now back, I need to level my damn Warlock...!

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    can someone help me out.

    If i run sims it sims the highest if i go Int -> crit -> Vers -> Haste -> mastery
    however every guide/forum/build goes int > haste - > Crit/Mastery -> Vers

    Is sims/pawn missing something or should i trust what simms vs guide
    Guides don't take your gear into account, sims do.

    Though if you're only looking at scaling the sims are only telling you what you'd gain in dps per point up to 1000 if all your gear stays exactly the same and you add up to 1000 of just that 1 stat. That's what those values represent, so don't take it to mean you should completely reshuffle your gear as that would completely change the values.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Wow im behind on the times. So Demo is toptier again? I benched my lock main from vanilla in MoP and he's currently rotting at 110 as Demo was the only spec so played... if this is now back, I need to level my damn Warlock...!
    Demo and Aff are sorta tied but bear in mind that we are in a farm phase in raiding atm. If you care about the meta-game than understand that with Dazaralor we are liable to see Aff 'take over' again
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    can someone help me out.

    If i run sims it sims the highest if i go Int -> crit -> Vers -> Haste -> mastery
    however every guide/forum/build goes int > haste - > Crit/Mastery -> Vers

    Is sims/pawn missing something or should i trust what simms vs guide
    Without seeing your gear it is safe to say you went so hard on stacking haste that you have more than enough and as a result it has dropped in importance. The guides are giving generic information about what is often best and can only give so much insight, just like sims can easily give bad info as well if not used properly. Unfortunately there isn't a static one size fits all answer. If you want to give yourself a little more insight take off whatever item has your most haste on it and replace it with something without it and sim again, haste will fly back up the list. Sims when doing stat weights are giving you a value of dps per a set amount of primary and secondary stats as those change so will the value of all of them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    Demo and Aff are sorta tied but bear in mind that we are in a farm phase in raiding atm. If you care about the meta-game than understand that with Dazaralor we are liable to see Aff 'take over' again
    True that. Though I find Demo extremely fun so I'll probably stay. I dont raid anyway I only PvP and M+

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Can someone quick tell me whats the most universal build for M+ after the patch? Did not played demo for a long time and would like to try it again.
    I have been using https://youtu.be/JElqnklW-ik and I have been doing pretty good numbers over all in m+

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •