Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Don't buy Live expansions and in-game content?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand you. It's very easy to understand how much time player playing Classic and how much time player playing retail. It's very obvious statistics and Blizzard will use it to find out how many profits they are getting from Classic.

Thats now how business works. Blizzard pumps the profits from wow subscription to finance other projects like Overwatch. Its not that your subscription for classic will only go to the classic dev team, it will go there where founding is most needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    What is their long term plan?
    This is why I think they will release "new" content in the spirit of the Classic playstyle.

Is this wishful thinking... maybe. Only time will tell. Bookmark this post.

The discussion of the long-term plan was where I wanted to get, as to me right now the "long-term plan" and the "principle of remaining authentic" seems to be a big contradiction. However, if that contradiction can be redeemed by releasing new contents, while preserving the spirituality of classic, than so be it.

So I wouldn't say it's wishful thinking, but rather the most reasonable long-term future for the classic game.

I dunno if the kids on this subforum are that out of touch or if it's sarcasm.
    But yikes.jpg.

Yes yes, live with the knowledge that you support a version of the game that you dislike.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Im paranoid and think Blizzard will abuse the "shared sub" to promote retails success.
    Liar. You're not worried about any of that.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Shared subscription is the smartest decision from both a business perspective and a player perspective. Either pay up or don't play, it's as simple as that. Personally sounds like something that the private server players would complain about because they don't get enough money from their parents to afford the sub fee.

Once it's available, only play classic. That will show in their metrics and it's what really matters anyway.

Reading all these posts someone may think that you guys really think that Classic will have more population and be more successful than Retail... lol

There was hardly anyone playing the Classic Demo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naustis View Post
    Reading all these posts someone may think that you guys really think that Classic will have more population and be more successful than Retail... lol

There was hardly anyone playing the Classic Demo...
    Only people that paid for Blizzcon had access... and it was 3 levels and one zone.
    There are over 2000 people watching people play Classic on Twitch... right now, Friday, Nov 9, a full week after this very small demo was released.
    Last edited by Mullet Man; 2018-11-09 at 11:05 PM.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

When lvling for heritage armor i dont feel its fast

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    Only people that paid for Blizzcon had access... and it was 3 levels and one zone.
    There are over 2000 people watching people play Classic on Twitch... right now, Friday, Nov 9, a full week after this very small demo was released.
    2k when you try to hype Classic so much... People who are farming m+ all day long have more views ugh.

As I read the OP, I just see this desire of How can we make it to were Classic will succeed and Retail will die? Why can't both exist harmoniously. Classic will run out of content it is just the nature of the beast, but actively trying to segregate the two so that one shows its superiority over the other only hurts both in the long run. Both games are Warcraft, 1 will continue, the other will remain in place. Warcraft 3 (Not counting reforged, which i am super excited for) has gotten no new content in its 15 years, Diablo 2, same thing, once a game has been moved on from its a part of history, Blizz giving classic gives players an opportunity to experience history, and see where the game was and where it has grown and changed for themselves. Who cares if blizz shows that Warcraft is even more successful than ever, and doesn't specify which version is causing it. If you only wanted Classic with the hope that Blizzard would expand it, then you picked a fight you will most likely be very disappointed in at the end.

You know that they have statistics to look at, right? They'll have a nice little graph showing how many people pay for subs but only pay classic. The whole premise that you'd need to do something extra to show what you support is just asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    As you well know, Classic is a shared subscription with Retail WoW.
    But how can we make it pretty clear to Blizzard we just want to support Classic design philosophies and not Retail design Philosophies?

And on top of that, how can we differentiate Classic from Retail when its a shared subscription?

Does this mean retail profits will accommodate Classic?
    Does this mean Classic profits will accommodate Retail?

How can we clearly say: "I just support this ideals and designs from Classic and i want my money to support just this"

-------

The shared sub was pretty obvious but is kinda unnoying when we just want to support classic
    What options did we had?
    1) Smaller separate sub for Classic
    Not gonna happen since some people would unsubscribe from retail and pay less money to play Classic
    2) Same cost as retail but a separate sub
    Would be fine by me, but would stop millions of retailers from trying Classic

So yeah, i agree a shared sub was the smartest choice.
    But how can we make it pretty clear "i just want to support Classic design choices"
    AND
    Where will all the money go to. Since its a shared sub is pretty hard to tell who is supporting who.

---------

For anyone who didnt understand:
    I want a clear way to say "i support this cause"
    I support this design choices from old times.
    I dont support retail design choices.

There is no clear way of saying that as it is a shared sub.

This could pretty well be abused in the earn callings from Blizzard.
    My sub could be shown as a retail supporter....as i am a paying a shared sub.

Also no clear way to say "i want more of this content".
    Already from the start, retail has been supplying classic with resources and manpower. So, it only makes sense that it is a united subscription. Dividing them would've meant that people would've been needed to pay much more. Connecting the subscriptions makes it affordable for Blizzard to run this museum. If you do not like the progressing part of the franchise, I'd suggest you just hide on Classic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Could just only play Classic, I'm sure they are smart enough to see how many people are logged in the classic servers vs retail.

Deleted
    boooohoooooo lets all now cry about retail money being used on old product that is why shamans are so shit! Sorry, Blizzard had to cut on the class to make classic. OP has stated that he has never played classic before and he is shitposting 24/7

Don't buy the expansions. /thread

Deleted
    "Classic profits"

Lmao