Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I wish this were an option, I'm scraping by in BFA and would probably ditch it and save some $$ if I could.
    If you are so short on cash you can't pay a sub you should be putting your time into something more productive. You could have some decent qualifications if you spent your wow time on training.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    All the money made from WoW is also supported the developpement of D3, Overwatch, SC2, Classic and WC3:Reforged.
    it also helped pay off debt from the vivendi buyout, is helping right now to pay off debt from the King acquisition, is helping pay dividends to shareholders, and is helping pay bonuses to senior mgmt.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Jesus Christ...
    As has been stated multiple times, they will see the player count splits internally as well as a THOUSAND other metrics measured by their analytics team -- average length of play session, login count breakdown by day/week/whatever, average engagement, etc.
    Just play the game.
    Just PLAY THE GAME.
    JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME.
    Play it 200 hours a week, send an email to Blizzard every day saying how much you're enjoying it. Just leave us out of your bizarre vendetta towards Retail.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    it also helped pay off debt from the vivendi buyout, is helping right now to pay off debt from the King acquisition, is helping pay dividends to shareholders, and is helping pay bonuses to senior mgmt.
    But just think how much better WoW would be if they had the OP decide where the money goes. They could have done so much with Classic, adding so much content and changing so many things... which is also what people are against... erm... Well, I'm sure it would be far better anyway.

I really don't get these types of threads. By the same logic, "retailers" should complain their money is being "wasted" on developing Classic and they want no part of it. Except it's Blizzard's money and they get to decide how to use it. You want to play Classic, do just that. If there's enough interest, Blizzard will know and act accordingly. What they don't care about is people like OP making dozens of pointless threads.

Well, many players didn't want this dug up coffin developed and didn't want Blizzard to divert any money to it that could have been spent on something useful.

So suck it up and just play with your damn classic.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Imagine thinking retail is to "fast" does your brain have delay OP? Should prob get it checked out.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    As you well know, Classic is a shared subscription with Retail WoW.
    But how can we make it pretty clear to Blizzard we just want to support Classic design philosophies and not Retail design Philosophies?

And on top of that, how can we differentiate Classic from Retail when its a shared subscription?

Does this mean retail profits will accommodate Classic?
    Does this mean Classic profits will accommodate Retail?

How can we clearly say: "I just support this ideals and designs from Classic and i want my money to support just this"

-------

The shared sub was pretty obvious but is kinda unnoying when we just want to support classic
    What options did we had?
    1) Smaller separate sub for Classic
    Not gonna happen since some people would unsubscribe from retail and pay less money to play Classic
    2) Same cost as retail but a separate sub
    Would be fine by me, but would stop millions of retailers from trying Classic

So yeah, i agree a shared sub was the smartest choice.
    But how can we make it pretty clear "i just want to support Classic design choices"
    AND
    Where will all the money go to. Since its a shared sub is pretty hard to tell who is supporting who.

---------

For anyone who didnt understand:
    I want a clear way to say "i support this cause"
    I support this design choices from old times.
    I dont support retail design choices.

There is no clear way of saying that as it is a shared sub.

This could pretty well be abused in the earn callings from Blizzard.
    My sub could be shown as a retail supporter....as i am a paying a shared sub.

Also no clear way to say "i want more of this content".
    THis passive-aggressive jab at someone elses topic really says everything about why I want to stay away from the Classic community.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Well, many players didn't want this dug up coffin developed and didn't want Blizzard to divert any money to it that could have been spent on something useful.

Have you read/listened to Q3 2018 Earnings Call? Classic is their last hope.

Does this mean retail profits will accommodate Classic?
    Where do you think the funds came from?

Does this mean Classic profits will accommodate Retail?
    After the initial sub spike, it will settle down. I do believe that there will only be a small fraction of the player base who only sub for Classic and will not be playing BFA and beyond.

After the nostalgia wares off, and realisation that Classic is great for the memories and that's about it, bar a small sect of die hard players, its longevity is limited by restrictions, and you probably won't get many "new people" starting up, even BFA, you rarely come across a truly new person to the game.

Classic will not make ANY profits of its own. Classic is attached to World of Warcraft, essentially a free extra you get with your monthly sub, essentially similar to the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post

the 2 fallacies in your post are

1) thinking that revenue to blizzard is blizzard's money. it isn't, it is activision-blizzard's money and they can use it on whatever they want (mainly the vivendi buyback and king acquisition in the last several years).
    2) if blizzard didn't have classic costing money, there is no evidence they would instead have that same money budgeted to another blizzard project. it isn't their money.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same way you support anything you care about. Spending time/ressources on it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Where will all the money go to. Since its a shared sub is pretty hard to tell who is supporting who.
    It will go to making the new expansions for WoW...

You wanted Vanilla, you got Vanilla. It has a few raids, lets see how long it is before you're crying out for TBC Classic, Wrath Classic and so on. Bore on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as answered.

If you want to show your support for WoW Classic there will be no better way to do so than play it.

One other thing: If you want to answer another thread, the right thing to do is post in that thread instead of creating another. Mirror threads like this are nearly always closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."