Gaming PC Build Help

Budget: $2100
    Resolution: 1440p
    Games / Settings: Overwatch, WoW, SC2, and Destiny 2 / Medium to Highest Settings
    Any other software or special things you do: Photoshop
    Parts that can be reused: No.
    Do you need an OS?: No.
    Do you need peripherals?: I do not. I have an Acer Predator XB271HU. Received it for my birthday last July from my wife. Haven't really used it for it's features because I'm still running Radeon 5790 on my current PC.

I'm definitely in need of an upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

I'd do something like this - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PkqwpG

The SSD is SATA, not NVME, the value is in getting all your games on SSD.

You are looking at either a 1080ti or 2080 if you want to drive that panel > 120fps in heavier games. I haven't linked anything card wise as shit's too volatile. Pick a 2.5 slot card with a decent cooler from Asus, MSI, EVGA, or Gigabyte.

The case is a personal thing, as is the cooler to some degree.

I don't know whether you are happy overclocking, the linked build presumes you are. If you are not I would save a bit of money on the mobo and PSU (650w would be enough) , and just pop into bios to pop a 4.7ghz all core on. You could equally look at an 8700k and z370 combo. For gaming it's always 8 physical cores(9700k) > 6 physical cores + hyperthreading(8700k), this may not make a meaningful difference in your current use case however.

The games you play will run at a really mixed fps. Some are more single main thread limited, so will remain bottle-necked by the cpu until they sort their engines out; in a "modern" gpu limited title, that's a lot of pixels to push at high framerates and you will reach the limits of any current gfx hw. You'll cap OW and probably D2 with minor settings tweaks though, and have g-sync to fall back on for WOW.
    Last edited by DonGenaro; 2018-11-09 at 09:21 PM.

Thank you very much for the quick response and explanations. I will read up more on how to move forward with my future purchase.