Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Enhancement Shaman change PTR 8.1

    In an upcoming Public Test Realm (PTR) build, several changes are coming for Enhancement Shamans.

    We’re adjusting the following talents:
    Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
    Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
    Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
    Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
    Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
    Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
    Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
    Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
    Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.

    Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:
    The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

    The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other.

    In addition to these changes above, we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated. This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

    Thank you for testing with us on the PTR!

  2. #2
    What do we learn from this? Don't bother giving Blizzard feedback during Betas or PTRs, they don't give a fuck anyways. If something's wrong with your class just pray, reroll or expect a 70% dmg buff bandaid fix 7 months too late.

  3. #3
    A bit disappointing for sure. Was hoping for some real talent swaps and changes. Nobody likes to use Overcharge and the change I'm reading here is not gonna make any more people use it. It would be a cool ability but it just isn't strong enough.

  4. #4
    needed a whole patch for this???

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    A bit disappointing for sure. Was hoping for some real talent swaps and changes. Nobody likes to use Overcharge and the change I'm reading here is not gonna make any more people use it. It would be a cool ability but it just isn't strong enough.
    Up until I got to 'overcharge' I thought I misread the title and this was about shadow priests or elemental. None of the three specs got more than the ole number titty-twister moving damage around and like 1-2 talents got replaced. So enhance will probably still get a new talent or two in the next week or so. Don't worry though, it'll be severely undertuned due to lack of time to properly test it...

  6. #6
    Deleted
    I knew there wont be any big "Overhaul", because Azerite System don't allow for this. There are only some tweaks to the talents or abilities, mostly %dmg, and that's it. They would need to tweak also whole azerite traits for those changes, and I belive it's a bit too much work at this moment. In first place they should never ship the expansion before mechanical changes to the class.

    I was also wondering, why are they adding azerite traits to specs, that should be overhauled as they said? The answer is easy, they have never wanted to do this

  7. #7
    Great overhaul.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Great overhaul.
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic.
    I was.

    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  10. #10
    i still wont be inviting shamans to groups. still 100% useless class. glad blizzard pretty much deleted a class from the game this xpack.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    needed a whole patch for this???
    Obviously....you've only got one person in the whole of Blizzard doing the balancing and he can't get everything out all at the same time. At least that's how it feels like with Blizzard balancing classes these days.

  12. #12
    I mean I don't even play Shaman this expansion and I know the #1 issue they have; Rotation is too much around Stormstrike and everything else feels like shit to press.

  13. #13
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    19,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I mean I don't even play Shaman this expansion and I know the #1 issue they have; Rotation is too much around Stormstrike and everything else feels like shit to press.
    Yep, and you are sitting at 100 maelstrom most of the time.

    It's mechanically broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yep, and you are sitting at 100 maelstrom most of the time.

    It's mechanically broken.
    Or you're waiting for Maelstrom to mash that Stormstrike button.

    Feast or Famine.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    3DS FC 0920-0769-4582 Trainer: Y: SinR, OR: May. Safari: Wartortle/Octillery/Frogadier

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I had BfA Alpha. Now I has BfA Beta. Meh

  15. #15
    I understand shaman needs working but what the hell some people are severely overreacting

    I've been invited to many M+ and never have much trouble in keeping up in dps,hell many i even top the charts,unless there is a frost DK lol

    I do agree with the rotational changes but i still think many are severely overreacting

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    I understand shaman needs working but what the hell some people are severely overreacting

    I've been invited to many M+ and never have much trouble in keeping up in dps,hell many i even top the charts,unless there is a frost DK lol

    I do agree with the rotational changes but i still think many are severely overreacting
    True, literally everyone is overreacting, you are correct, shamans are fine. If only more people had your vision.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Revelations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    True, literally everyone is overreacting, you are correct, shamans are fine. If only more people had your vision.

    Shaman isnt' "fine" if Blizzard is bumping all 3 specs in 8.1.

    The main reason people are reacting like this is the time it takes for them to do these small changes as well.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    I do agree with the rotational changes but i still think many are severely overreacting
    The big problem is that Ion made it seem like shamans were getting looked at mechanically during one of the Q&As before BFA's release, where he said they still had some more work but that we would have to wait for patch 8.1. Since then, enhance shamans have been giving months of feedback towards what they think would improve the class mechanically, and all we get now is a set of balance changes to talents. It feels underwhelming, and it feels like all the feedback has been ignored. I don't think it is an overreaction at all.

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,372
    Honestly, I don't know why people were hyped about a rebalance this far into the expansion.

    Blizzard has upon numerous occasions said that they outright refuse to completely revamp a spec mid-expansion, so at best we were getting a number retune.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Honestly, I don't know why people were hyped about a rebalance this far into the expansion.

    Blizzard has upon numerous occasions said that they outright refuse to completely revamp a spec mid-expansion, so at best we were getting a number retune.
    I don't think most people are looking for a revamp, they are looking for some mechanical changes to help improve the spec.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •