Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What's the one oversight that stuck most with you?

I'd have to say it was the Broken Shore when Varian and Sylvanas were doing back and forth - when Sylvanas wasn't actually appointed to Warchief yet. I mean we knew it was happening as players but obviously Varian didn't. It really didn't make sense
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok she wasn't warchief yet but she's still the most experienced military leader the Horde had at the time and still is so maming her in charge of the fight makde sense.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

What do you call an oversight? If it's just something the devs missed - all of the table missions in BFA, blissfully non-canon. For a specific example, Stillwater being alive and leading when he was sentenced to true death.

If you mean just a pet peeve, then Garrosh and the theramore survivors sticks out the most.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Ok she wasn't warchief yet but she's still the most experienced military leader the Horde had at the time and still is so maming her in charge of the fight makde sense.
    Then Saurfang should've spearheaded the Lordearon defense.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

The rest of the Horde not pointing Baine out for being a spineless treacherous piece of trash
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-11-10 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    The rest of the Horde not pointing Baine out for me a spineless treacherous piece of trash
    One of the great tragedies after BFA will be that I won't have the pleasure of seeing Nathanos and Sylvanas soundly take the piss out of Baine every time he bitches.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Thanks for bainebombing my thread in the first page guys. I mean, I guess there aren't enough baine threads to go around, right?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Then Saurfang should've spearheaded the Lordearon defense.
    Well

1. He kind of was on the frond lines
    2. Sylvanas is like hundreds of yeards old and has more xp than he does
    Me not that kind of Orc!

The fact that noone, not even Garrosh, ever calls Jaina out on her "neutrality" bullshit and everyone paints her as a victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    The fact that noone, not even Garrosh, ever calls Jaina out on her "neutrality" bullshit and everyone paints her as a victim.
    In all fairness, Garrosh did a lot of stuff the other major characters should've done already - except becoming the Orc Hitler. I mean personally I'd love Horde to stay an Orc-centric utopia but yeah, he kinda took it a little too far...

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Adding to this, the story pretending that Garrosh started the war despite Varian being the one to declare it in Wrath.

everything about night elves. its not an oversight, its THEE oversight.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either Broken Shore, where Alliance somehow cannot see what's happening with the Horde, even though they have a gunship right there.

Or Azerite, which - despite supposedly being So Incredibly Important - we don't see used at all. There's one super tank used at the Undercity, and, well, that's it. Random shity side factions like Ashvane use them for explosives and the like, but the main ones? Nope. This is one of the reasons we even have this war and it's completely absent.

Voss seemingly following Sylvanas despite pledging to end all necromancers.

I've had to add "seemingly" though after reading some of her rogue-only dialogue. Glad blizzard added the extra chat dialogue to her at some point in beta because when I first heard about it I was exaggeratedly miffed.

It's recency bias, but I really fucking loathe the Derek Proudmoore bullshit. I feel like it encapsulates everything that's wrong with the current WoW storytelling. Stories that bend, break and outright retcon lore in favor of something that's bombastic and visceral. Consitency be damned, it's shock value that matters.

Deleted
    How the pillars of creation were used to seal the Temple of Elune during the Sundering while the Tidestone of Golganneth was destroyed by Azshara a bit before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Voss seemingly following Sylvanas despite pledging to end all necromancers.

I've had to add "seemingly" though after reading some of her rogue-only dialogue. Glad blizzard added the extra chat dialogue to her at some point in beta because when I first heard about it I was exaggeratedly miffed.
    That, or how Garona turned out.

The ending of WoD where Grom gets scot-free despite having been a genocidal warmonger. Sure he helped us with Archimonde, but thats not nearly enough for the victims to even consider keeping him around. Now in BFA he somehow managed to be the leader of the Mag'har, at least until the end of the scenario. WoD just had bad writing all over the place which is now showing in BFA aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    The rest of the Horde not pointing Baine out for being a spineless treacherous piece of trash
    thank you
    /10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The ending of WoD where Grom gets scot-free despite having been a genocidal warmonger. Sure he helped us with Archimonde, but thats not nearly enough for the victims to even consider keeping him around. Now in BFA he somehow managed to be the leader of the Mag'har, at least until the end of the scenario. WoD just had bad writing all over the place which is now showing in BFA aswell.
    Plus the fact that we save Gromm ass from Fel Lord Zakkun, helped Lantresor face de Bunring Blade Clan so he became our follower in Draenor and a few years latter we go back and NO ONE REMEMBER US.
    "There is a hole, in a more ancient part of the mmo-champion forum. A pit where men are thrown to be forgotten. But sometimes a troll rises from the darkness. Sometimes, the hole sends something back... to make some pointless comment"