Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The three floating stone rings over the entrance to the "Spirits be with you" inn in Zuldazar.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Development oversight..... Wheres Med'an.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Trial of Garrosh in the game and not restricted to novels.

I would like a much clearer representation of lore from outside sources to be within the game itself.

Launching BfA with no Suramar equivalent. Alliance and Horde War Campaign isn't even remotely equal to 12 Class Halls and 36 Artifact weapon scenarios. The absence of Suramar is the biggest blunder to date... even outpacing the Diablo mobile game announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Adding to this, the story pretending that Garrosh started the war despite Varian being the one to declare it in Wrath.
    and it was ceased after wotlk

allies and hordies had some kind of treaty about splitting lands and waters and so on
    and Garrosh was trying to provoke Varian at any moment he had a chance

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    and it was ceased after wotlk

allies and hordies had some kind of treaty about splitting lands and waters and so on
    and Garrosh was trying to provoke Varian at any moment he had a chance
    No, it wasn't. There were peace attempts, but they didn't amount to anything due to the Twilight's Hammer false flag. Even then, Garrosh only antagonized Varian in the 3.1 trailer which was after Varian had already declared war in Undercity.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The ending of WoD where Grom gets scot-free despite having been a genocidal warmonger. Sure he helped us with Archimonde, but thats not nearly enough for the victims to even consider keeping him around. Now in BFA he somehow managed to be the leader of the Mag'har, at least until the end of the scenario. WoD just had bad writing all over the place which is now showing in BFA aswell.
    Just don't pay attention to it as much and enjoy it for what it is. Any time something out of character or place happens a Wizard did it!

5+ Year Old Account
    Kael'Thas.

At least Illidan was semi-redeemed in Legion (with unnecessary retcons tho, that was gross). But Kael'Thas had a set back like no other.

Also every powerful human in wow fucking a Windrunner?? I'm pretty sure Jaina is gonna marry a dragon, only bc their brother was killed off.
    Pls stop reducing elf lore to set backs, being saved, and rentable love interest for humans
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    No, it wasn't. There were peace attempts, but they didn't amount to anything due to the Twilight's Hammer false flag. Even then, Garrosh only antagonized Varian in the 3.1 trailer which was after Varian had already declared war in Undercity.
    novel after that
    shattering prelude to cataclysm states that there was some kind of treaty between factions
    after Cairne arriwes to Northrwnd to accompany horde expedition forces and Garrosh bacj to Durotar
    they are caught in storm
    and after storm encounter also wrecked ally ship
    Garrosh wantts kill them but Cairne interferes. after it horde captures allies ship amd it is considered "legal"by Garrosh and troll or orc captain of horde ship. because alliance ship is in horde waters
    etc

There are quite a few which irk me everytime I come across them in the game:
    -wrong/unfitting music in some places (like Legion Dalaran's taverns, Thalyssra cinematic with Nordrassil music, no music whatsoever in the Withered Training scenario)
    -no updates to the loading screens of EK and Kalimdor (remember, Varian has been dead for more than two years now...)
    -lackluster implementation of Timewalking, beginning with the flavor text in the calendar - a pure immersion breaker, no achievements tied to the event, quest npcs and vendors randomely named instead of making them, what would be the obvious solution, Timewalkers, since this faction already has been in the game since MoP. Not to mention no lore implementation of TW.
    -awful new nelf models, especially the females. Although I think that was deliberate malevolence.
    -Delaryn Summermoon giving out world quests after having been tortured killed in the Burning of Teldrassil. Yikes!
    -Alliance 7th Legion campaign has two consecutive quests that are completely identical, down to the last word of conversation. And what the hell were they thinking not giving proper quest rewards and reputation for those quests. I'm not talking super duper rewards, just stuff you would keep as a souvenir from the xpac, like a trinket or a ring, something to remember the trip. Yes, I still have my Argent Dawn commission in my bank - and a variety of Scourge Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynthalas View Post
    Plus the fact that we save Gromm ass from Fel Lord Zakkun, helped Lantresor face de Bunring Blade Clan so he became our follower in Draenor and a few years latter we go back and NO ONE REMEMBER US.
    The younger generation doesn't remember us because, drumroll please, we went back home before they were born. If you'd done the mag'har chain you'd known Grommash recognizes Eitrigg as a member of the Horde and us players as one of the heroes who helped him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Kael'Thas.

At least Illidan was semi-redeemed in Legion (with unnecessary retcons tho, that was gross). But Kael'Thas had a set back like no other.

Also every powerful human in wow fucking a Windrunner?? I'm pretty sure Jaina is gonna marry a dragon, only bc their brother was killed off.
    Pls stop reducing elf lore to set backs, being saved, and rentable love interest for humans
    The one thing that always irked me about the Kael'thas story: Did he know that Kil'jaeden was the guy who masterminded the genocide of his people? Remember everything the Scourge did up through summoning Archimonde was the Legion's plan. If he didn't know, he's an even sadder dupe than he already is. If he did know, I'd say that removes any sentimentality I'd have towards him.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Every Alliance faction going neutral so the Horde has a sliver of a chance in a war scenario.

Druids neutral, paladins neutral, kirin tor neutral. vindcaar AFK.

Shits a joke.

Also Malfurion and Tyrande apparently not being insanely OP and could practically duo the entire horde army. Resorted to spamming wrath and doing nothing. Or Jaina slowly walking towards players in jailbreak scenario, and teleporting away from their exposed blatant escape boat.

Teleport Dalaran over Org with a ground army, teleport Vindicaar over Thunder Bluff with Army of the Light.

War over boys.

Or we can just play pretend that if SW was wiped out then Dalaran would maintain neutral.

Oh I could go on, Blizzard writers are worse at writing than my 17 year old cousin.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2018-11-22 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
    How the pillars of creation were used to seal the Temple of Elune during the Sundering while the Tidestone of Golganneth was destroyed by Azshara a bit before that.
    You have your timeline wrong. The stones were gathered at the Temple to seal it, then scattered across the Broken Isles to keep them out of the Legion's hands. The Tidestone ended up in Nar'thalas and was subsequently destroyed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    The whole Legion story from the end of Nighthold to the start of BFA.

IAM MY SCARS, wow watch that edge, Nathaniel

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Jaina slowly walking towards players in jailbreak scenario, and teleporting away from their exposed blatant escape boat.
    Yeah. I'm sure capturing the Warchief's second in command, one shadow hunter, one hero, and a pair of neutral trolls would be totally worth half of Stormwind burning to the ground and hundreds killed. That's why Zul did it. He correctly guessed Jaina would choose to let them go to save the city.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure capturing the Warchief's second in command, one shadow hunter, one hero, and a pair of neutral trolls would be totally worth half of Stormwind burning to the ground and hundreds killed. That's why Zul did it. He correctly guessed Jaina would choose to let them go to save the city.
    Yeh and casting a spell to destroy a boat, probably takes about 5 seconds. THEN teleporting away is so hard though.

It's a flammable, sinkable boat, she could literally just pull it down 20 meters and it'd sink, or roll it over.

Or you know what? She could of destroyed it before the horde even arrived to the boat, SHE WAS WAITING THERE FOR US STANDING NEXT TO IT LOL.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2018-11-22 at 10:35 PM.

Yeh and casting a spell to destroy a boat, probably takes about 5 seconds. THEN teleporting away is so hard though.

It's a flammable, sinkable boat, she could literally just pull it down 20 meters and it'd sink, or roll it over.

Or you know what? She could of destroyed it before the horde even arrived to the boat, SHE WAS WAITING THERE FOR US STANDING NEXT TO IT LOL.
    Then they steal another one. Would you expect her to destroy every ship in the harbor simply to guarantee they don't escape? Also, all caps are bad.

Would you expect her to destroy every ship in the harbor simply to guarantee they don't escape?
    Yes, and she could freeze them for a start, I mean she managed to freeze the Lich King for a decent amount of time. So many more things and archmage could've done in that situation lol.

The entire sequence makes no sense whatsoever. How did the fire spread so fast? Zul literally just lit three piles of straw with a torch, and has no special power over fire, yet in five minutes the entire city, including the stone-wrought keep, is ablaze. If Stormwind was really that flammable, then Deathwing being even near it should have left it a pile of ash and cinders.

Plus, Jaina can flash freeze en entire stretch of ocean and keep fighting no problem, that's canon according to her fight in the Dazar'alor, and that's by herself, she also has four elite mages flanking her. So there seems to be no reason they couldn't have frozen the fastest ships in the harbor to delay the Horde, or hell just block the exit point.

Also, the fire leaves 0 lasting damage, despite engulfing the city. Even if Jaina can teleport to every fire and extinguish it within minutes, it should still have left marks. It goes completely unmentioned in the Alliance pre-Kul'tiras banter which explicitly happens after the escape.

5+ Year Old Account
    The younger generation doesn't remember us because, drumroll please, we went back home before they were born. If you'd done the mag'har chain you'd known Grommash recognizes Eitrigg as a member of the Horde and us players as one of the heroes who helped him.

- - - Updated - - -

The one thing that always irked me about the Kael'thas story: Did he know that Kil'jaeden was the guy who masterminded the genocide of his people? Remember everything the Scourge did up through summoning Archimonde was the Legion's plan. If he didn't know, he's an even sadder dupe than he already is. If he did know, I'd say that removes any sentimentality I'd have towards him.
    Honestly I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain he was unaware. He sided with the legion, bc he had nothing else and felt betrayed on all other fronts. They were his last hope for power and clarity in his rattled mind.

#JusticeForKael'Thas!
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Nynthalas View Post
    Plus the fact that we save Gromm ass from Fel Lord Zakkun, helped Lantresor face de Bunring Blade Clan so he became our follower in Draenor and a few years latter we go back and NO ONE REMEMBER US.
    another timeline