10+ Year Old Account

Questions about VESA mounting with different screen sizes

Hello all.
    I'm currently using an Asus PG278QR (27" 1440p 144Hz Gsync) as my gaming monitor, and a AOC E2275PWJ (22" 1080p 60Hz) as secondary monitor for browsing, tv shows,...

I'll be buying a Nintendo Switch this week, and as I don't own a TV, I'd like to add a new 3rd monitor (perhaps a 24" 1080p 60Hz) to my setup.
    I plan to keep gaming on my Asus gaming monitor, and browsing on either the AOC or the new one, alternatively playing my Switch on the new one.
    The problem is that I would lose even more space on my desk by doing adding a 3rd monitor (because of the monitor standards).
    I also don't want to spend loads of cash on setting this up, as my Asus PG278QR already quite a lot (in my opinion).

I've been thinking about putting my monitors on a (triple) VESA mount.
    Most youtube videos I see concerning VESA mounts, I see people just setting up 3 of exactly the same monitor (size/model)
    Here are some questions I have:

- Can you put like, 3 different monitor sizes (for example: 1 x 24", 1 x 27" and 1 x 22" in that order from left to right) on a 3 monitor VESA mount?
    If so
    - Can this be done without having gaps in between the monitors?
    - Can this be done with all triple monitor VESA mounts, or do I have to look out for certain properties in their descriptions?
    - Would I be able to align the bottom of the actual monitors (not the bezels, but the actual watchable area) with each other?

If not
    - Is it an option to add 2 27" 1080p monitors, or will 27" 1080p screen be too pixelated?
    - Should I add 2 27" 1440p screens instead? Which ones? how do get the bezel size (to align with the Asus PG278QR) right?
    - Or should I just buy 2-3 seperate 1-monitor VESA mounts?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    I will be adjusting this post as info/thoughts come in.
    Last edited by Palaplu; 2018-11-11 at 10:05 PM.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

You can achieve what you want with a triple. The arms are usually adjustable or if not you can manipulate the angles so that there are no gaps.

As VESA is a standard you will be fine providing the bracket fits a 27". The only consideration is that you have enough room to manipulate the arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endorus View Post
    You can achieve what you want with a triple. The arms are usually adjustable or if not you can manipulate the angles so that there are no gaps.

As VESA is a standard you will be fine providing the bracket fits a 27". The only consideration is that you have enough room to manipulate the arms.
    So I would be able to not only move the monitor on the mount from from left to right, but also up and down seperately?
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    So I would be able to not only move the monitor on the mount from from left to right, but also up and down seperately?
    Correct. Maybe. On each arm/bracket which connects to your monitor there's a screw which allows you to manipulate the height as well as the angle of each monitor (save for the second monitor which often slides on to the central stand to be height adjusted). Depending on the model you're looking at and its specifications, you shouldn't have issues manipulating each individual monitor.

I have a 27" central monitor along with two 19" flanking models with a Vivo mount and I am able to align the watchable area to be level but I can't speak for lager flanking monitors and whether or not the height adjustment on the bracket would be enough without manipulating the height of the central monitor.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

As long as the actual VESA mounts are the right size (there are three sizes, 100mm is often “standard” on most monitors) and the arms spread enough, you should be able to put any 3 monitors on it, wieght permitting. Also make sure the monitors are actually VESA compatible, plenty aremt, especially cheaper ones.

FWIW, desk-mounted arm kits like youre talking tend to be expensive. I wall-mounted my monitors on 20$ “TV” arms from Menards. They fit all three sizes (the actual VESA plate had adjustable slides). WAY cheaper.

Edit: also, being mounted on the wall, nothing happens if you bump the desk.

I used these:

https://www.menards.com/main/electri...556480&ipos=12

You get about 30 degrees of tilt (i mounted them upside down so i could tilt the monitors back; simple as just... turning them over), and about 20” of travel to either side or straight out.

You could do 3 of these side by side fairly easily, and just collapse the middle one on itself, and angle the two outer ones.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2018-11-12 at 12:39 AM.