Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Social rent appartments are rare in my region, mostly placed in the larger towns/city (A city i dont want to be found dead - Eindhoven) .. if you would find one in Haghorst.. have fun in the middle of nowhere! (well not in the middle nowhere, but if you dont own a car it is)
    How can something even be "in the middle of nowhere" in the Netherlands?

Such a tiny place in the middle of everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How can something even be "in the middle of nowhere" in the Netherlands?

Such a tiny place in the middle of everything.
    Because most of the populace lives in north/south holland, utrecht and brabant.. kinda, if you're in any other province; welcome to the middle of nowhere.

Taking in all those immigrants has effects.
    It was like that 30 years ago ....

It has nothing to do with immigration but rather it seems like people and politicians have grown complacent to a bad situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    It was like that 30 years ago ....

It has nothing to do with immigration but rather it seems like people and politicians have grown complacent to a bad situation.
    Nothing to do with immigration?

When you already have a housing crisis and you suddenly take 150k extra refugees within a year. Yeah right, nothing.

PS. The refugees aren't living on the streets.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    Because most of the populace lives in north/south holland, utrecht and brabant.. kinda, if you're in any other province; welcome to the middle of nowhere.
    You are responding to a Finn, his views will vary wildly from yours on what sparsely populated means. 15 people per square kilometer vs Hollands near 500.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to do with immigration?

When you already have a housing crisis and you suddenly take 150k extra refugees within a year. Yeah right, nothing.

PS. The refugees aren't living on the streets.
    They are living in sparsely populated areas when they arrive.....

Relax, I guarantee you that we are not housing refugees in the center of Stockholm...lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    They are living in sparsely populated areas when they arrive.....

Relax, I guarantee you that we are not housing refugees in the center of Stockholm...lol
    Well this isn't exactly about the center of Stockholm. The center of Stockholm is already fully build, the only way you can increase housing there is to demolish old buildings and replace them with skyscrapers. That's not what anyone wants and isn't the issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    But you do realize that the area (Benelux countries, Eastern France and Western Germany) is like THE center of our god damn planet when it comes to things like "is there nothing there?".

Lots of people, lots of industry, lots of business, historic sites, architecture, cities, places to see.

Only thing what it's lacking is nature, because the whole place is so fully built. When it comes to man made stuff, you live at the hot spot of the world. If that is nothing to you, then there is nothing anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    In Sweden, it's awful.

I live in Göteborg, the second biggest city, and here you have to wait at least 8-9 years for an apartment in the fucking suburbs. You want something central? LOL! Good luck waiting 12-15 years.

It's even worse in Stockholm, where an apartment in the suburbs like Husby or Hässelby Gård has you waiting 12 years, and 20> years for an apartment in the central parts.

Naturally, you could always buy an apartment, but that's really something that's only realistic if you are 30+ and were EXTREMELY lucking in finding a well-paying job. I'm close to my thirties, and I don't have any friend who is even close to have enough cash to take a loan and buy an apartment.
    Housing is fine here as long as you don't try to buy too early.

As long as you stay away from the main points of the country, 6 cities. Then you can fine fair housing. And of course, don't seek rental with privates.

Sadly, the government has their rights to seize a house/apartment of the needed size for integrating of immigration families, meaning if you are next in line for a place, you might lose it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well this isn't exactly about the center of Stockholm. The center of Stockholm is already fully build, the only way you can increase housing there is to demolish old buildings and replace them with skyscrapers. That's not what anyone wants and isn't the issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeeees..which is why we are not housing them there or anywhere there is a "housing crisis".

P.S. Lots of stuff that can be done about getting more apartments in dt Stockholm. Did you know that there is a huge area of allotment gardens on the south island among other things. There is a ton of space, the city center is huge and sparsely populated by city standards. It is nice to preserve the feel of the city and all but when it takes 30 years to get a rental and buying is some of the highest prices in the world for a medium sized city you need to get some market forces in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is all of Sweden occupied or just near major cities? Here in America we have a lot of empty land but everyone wants to live near cities cause that's where the jobs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Housing is fine here as long as you don't try to buy too early.

As long as you stay away from the main points of the country, 6 cities. Then you can fine fair housing. And of course, don't seek rental with privates.

Sadly, the government has their rights to seize a house/apartment of the needed size for integrating of immigration families, meaning if you are next in line for a place, you might lose it.
    How is it fair that poor citizens get fucked in the ass by their own government for people that don't even belong there. Fucking ridiculous. I feel bad for your country. Thank god trump would never let this happen. Citizens first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Thank god trump would never let this happen. Citizens first.
    ...Gonna have to save this quote. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...Gonna have to save this quote. LOL.
    Whatever the flaws of Trump are at least he would never give priority to illegals/migrants over American citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pathetically, we have like 10 houses for every 1 person in need, and it's stupid, people who own homes. The problem is prices need to come way the fuck down, and the houses that are empty need to be torn down if they are mini mansions, or they need to move someone who has a house paid off and upgrade them to something bigger not being used, and get homeless people financed and in HOUSES and HOMES they have a financial investment in
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Why Am I Here View Post
    Here in Canada you can find lots of cheap housing in the small towns/smaller cities, but from what I hear about the bigger cities, you are going to have a hard time finding a cheap place, or even a house/apartment in the first place. The three closest big cities to me are Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver, I think the last two have really bad housing markets unless your quite wealthy.
    A good example of the calgary housing market , my friend just paid 1.2 million for their house, My house in medicine hat (2 and a half hours drive away) I paid under 200k and its bigger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    A good example of the calgary housing market , my friend just paid 1.2 million for their house, My house in medicine hat (2 and a half hours drive away) I paid under 200k and its bigger
    Bigger in over all property or the size of the actual dwelling?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Ok ..so here is the deal..... if we are talking renting.

Most places got long waiting lists for show ... the reason is that they want to select who gets in,

If you are a desperate out of work or low income worker you WILL get in the back of the list however if you have work and a average income ... you get a flat faster.

i have moved apartments 3 times over the last 10 years and never had to wait longer then 3 months .... the last place there website did say there was a waiting time of 5-6 years i got a place in 2 weeks and that is without *knowing a dude* or paying money under the table.

unless you want *that one place* or is on low income ( no job or a part time job ) the wait time is NEVER what they say.

Things that gets you in faster ( pretty much anything that makes you less of a hassle of the owner )

Have a steady job.

Be a couple.

Be over 25

Have the deposit ready

Do not be picky

the more of those you fit in the faster you get a place.

Not very good. Rich Chinese buy up all the property as investments and then rent them out at high prices to make monster returns in the long-run. Then they have the home as a residence when they holiday here. People living overseas should not be allowed to buy property here. You should need to prove permanent residency before being permittd to buy a house/apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    In Sweden, it's awful.

I live in Göteborg, the second biggest city, and here you have to wait at least 8-9 years for an apartment in the fucking suburbs. You want something central? LOL! Good luck waiting 12-15 years.

It's even worse in Stockholm, where an apartment in the suburbs like Husby or Hässelby Gård has you waiting 12 years, and 20> years for an apartment in the central parts.

Naturally, you could always buy an apartment, but that's really something that's only realistic if you are 30+ and were EXTREMELY lucking in finding a well-paying job. I'm close to my thirties, and I don't have any friend who is even close to have enough cash to take a loan and buy an apartment.
    How is housing handled in Sweden? I can imagine the only place you can get a good job is in the large cities there. Is it cheap and easy to get or rent a home in a small town there? Usaully in America, the larger the city, the more expensive it is to rent or buy a home. The larger cities usaully have higher paying jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it fair that poor citizens get fucked in the ass by their own government for people that don't even belong there. Fucking ridiculous. I feel bad for your country. Thank god trump would never let this happen. Citizens first.
    Eh, did you just misread my comment? I in no place wrote 'fair' as in terms of fairness but 'fair' as in terms of housing offers. Unlike the US, Denmark is obligated to re-house homeless or evicted people within 72 hours, unless they refuse the offer. As for the integration bit, well, if you're in a queue for a place -that means you already HAVE a place, and sadly we have to make room for everyone in the end - smaller country.

And 'poor' citizens don't get fucked in the ass, 'poor' citizens gets housing benefits so that they can afford to live in the house that they need (and we're talking acts of common sense, so, mom+dad+kid = 2 bedrooms, rest is a luxury). But for Trump, who seems to have an administration who loves to bash anything that is about the people taking care of the people, seem to believe that it is OKAY for you to be poor and starving, at least you can still get a cheap car!

And yeah, I'll not accept 'citizen first' and 'trump' in the same phrase, but that is just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever the flaws of Trump are at least he would never give priority to illegals/migrants over American citizens.
    And just like that, I know you've misread my comment. There was no mention of illegals.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, did you just misread my comment? I in no place wrote 'fair' as in terms of fairness but 'fair' as in terms of housing offers. Unlike the US, Denmark is obligated to re-house homeless or evicted people within 72 hours, unless they refuse the offer. As for the integration bit, well, if you're in a queue for a place -that means you already HAVE a place, and sadly we have to make room for everyone in the end - smaller country.

And 'poor' citizens don't get fucked in the ass, 'poor' citizens gets housing benefits so that they can afford to live in the house that they need (and we're talking acts of common sense, so, mom+dad+kid = 2 bedrooms, rest is a luxury). But for Trump, who seems to have an administration who loves to bash anything that is about the people taking care of the people, seem to believe that it is OKAY for you to be poor and starving, at least you can still get a cheap car!

And yeah, I'll not accept 'citizen first' and 'trump' in the same phrase, but that is just me.

- - - Updated - - -

And just like that, I know you've misread my comment. There was no mention of illegals.
    But I thought you just said citizens could get bumped off the list if an immigrant needs housing.. "Sorry.. immigrant first"
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-11-13 at 08:08 AM.