Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BGs need a matchmaking rating

Just lost a Silvershard Mines in which we were leading 1330 - 900. We needed just one cap to win. Any of them. Lava was 20 seconds from being capped and everyone just dropped it to rush the middle cart which was 40 seconds away. We lost the cart. Then the middle cart was 20 seconds away from being capped and everyone just dropped it to rush the top cart. We lost the cart. Then people did the same with the top cart to rush the lava cart and we lost the game. 15 minutes and 40 conquest just went down the pooper.

We were Horde with a 40-2 lead on kills. Alliance won because the Horde was so moronic that it left undefended carts to hunt down more HKs.

At this point, I'd rather spend an hour in a queue and play with similarly skilled people than suffer like this. I have played BGs for almost 14 years and I have never witnessed anything as existentially terrifying as this morning's Silvershard Mines.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2018-11-13 at 10:28 AM.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There should be a rated option for BGs years already, people will say there is rated bg yadda yadda but you can't queue without a full group and the current ratting system is crap.

They should make a rating based on your contributions over each bg, and try to queue you with people with the same amount.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

It’s just that you entered a bg where most people didn’t give a single fuck about the actual bg : they just wanted to kill people.

It’s not a skill issue, just a « different goal » issue.
    Not going to lie, I do the same. Killing people is fun, being afk at a cart is not. It’s a game, it’s meant to have fun and not everybody has fun in the same way. If you want to be with like minded people, queue with like minded people.

I haven't done a BG in years...maybe i should check that out and see if it at all gets me reinterested in wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Given queue times at current, I do not want to see this implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've thought about this, but I don't think I want to always be try-harding in casual BGs. Sometimes it's fun to just blitz noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Just lost a Silvershard Mines in which we were leading 1330 - 900. We needed just one cap to win. Any of them. Lava was 20 seconds from being capped and everyone just dropped it to rush the middle cart which was 40 seconds away. We lost the cart. Then the middle cart was 20 seconds away from being capped and everyone just dropped it to rush the top cart. We lost the cart. Then people did the same with the top cart to rush the lava cart and we lost the game. 15 minutes and 40 conquest just went down the pooper.

We were Horde with a 40-2 lead on kills. Alliance won because the Horde was so moronic that it left undefended carts to hunt down more HKs.

At this point, I'd rather spend an hour in a queue and play with similarly skilled people than suffer like this. I have played BGs for almost 14 years and I have never witnessed anything as existentially terrifying as this morning's Silvershard Mines.
    EZZZZ Play rated battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I've thought about this, but I don't think I want to always be try-harding in casual BGs. Sometimes it's fun to just blitz noobs.
    when you're 40-2 kills up and you lose, you cannot be a bigger noob losing to a team that can barely kill you.

"hah those noobs sucked couldn't even kill me!"

"yeah but they won how did you not die and lose the game scrub"

Solo-Q-Systems with rating attached to them work so incredibly well in all the other games to deliver exactly the comfy and successful atmosphere that players are looking for! I mean....take a look at LoL, HOTS, DOTA....all of these games have such systems and are FAMOUS for how satisfied players are with their matches compared to WoW random BGs.

Have a matchmaking isn't going to suddenly make communication a thing, that's why you lost. You snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. If you were smashed against rocks, or did the smashing and those were the only two outcomes of the fight, that is a matchmaking issue. This was just you guys disintegrating. It happens to professional teams who play sports and work together for a living too. Do you honestly expect to win every match?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    when you're 40-2 kills up and you lose, you cannot be a bigger noob losing to a team that can barely kill you.

"hah those noobs sucked couldn't even kill me!"

"yeah but they won how did you not die and lose the game scrub"
    Because BGs for the most part (other than Temple of Shitmogu) are about more than kills. Theyre about objectives. You can lose every fight and still win on objectives alone. I've led successful BGs in AB where we lost every single teamfight. But because the enemy was zerging between nodes, we kept ahead of them. We deliberately avoided engaging them in big battles and would sacrifice 2-3 people to slow their zerg long enough for us to break a cap or break off a node.

Silvershard it is particularly easy to do this. Just go where the enemy team isn't. Ive won so many games because the Alliance zergs back and forth with nearly their entire team, always leaving something weak. I just take the 3-4 guys who will listen to me and blitz whatever they left right before it caps. Their zerg doesn't have time to get back.

Its not always about kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Because BGs for the most part (other than Temple of Shitmogu) are about more than kills. Theyre about objectives. You can lose every fight and still win on objectives alone. I've led successful BGs in AB where we lost every single teamfight. But because the enemy was zerging between nodes, we kept ahead of them. We deliberately avoided engaging them in big battles and would sacrifice 2-3 people to slow their zerg long enough for us to break a cap or break off a node.

Silvershard it is particularly easy to do this. Just go where the enemy team isn't. Ive won so many games because the Alliance zergs back and forth with nearly their entire team, always leaving something weak. I just take the 3-4 guys who will listen to me and blitz whatever they left right before it caps. Their zerg doesn't have time to get back.

Its not always about kills.
    oh yeah if the enemy is going to 15man zerg they're going to lose hard in AB, 5 bases is a lot of ground to cover, but silvershard while can be done in the same way is really dumb not leaving 2 ppl behind to make sure the cart is capped, while leaving 2 behind in AB can easily be killed and the base stolen remember all those people you just zerged down? yeah they're going to come back for that base, but in mines, you can easily attempt to choke point most people on spawn, again it can be done in AB but much harder.

but basically we agree? being ahead on kills by such a margin and losing means you're trash you just 10/15man deathballing into an easy loss.

It's not going to happen, Blizzard likes things just as they are as you can determine yourself if you listen to what they say. For example recently they repeated that they are happy with the almost 50% faction winrates, implying not only are they happy with the matchmaking but that it is balanced. They have used these numbers many times before over the years to defend their matchmaking, but really anyone with half a brain and some experience would realize that the matchmaking could be anything at all, like having no restrictions at all on healer numbers, and the factions would still end up at a similar enough winrate. What determines the faction win rates is community waves not matchmaking rules that both sides have to endure.

If you want to win random BGs do it the way Blizzard intends it: queue up with a group that also wants to win. If you are EU and a Russian you can double up on the intended winning strategy and queue up multiple groups at the same time, often getting into the same BG.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2018-11-14 at 03:15 AM.

They just need to never start a BG with less than 2 healers per team, not let the healers change specs to dps, put Latin Americans on their own separate BG queues, and auto 6 month ban anyone who queues into a BG using the bloodthirsty title

Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    and auto 6 month ban anyone who queues into a BG using the bloodthirsty title
    I know you're joking, but what's wrong with that title?

Are you suggesting that they're too good to play random BG's? I would completely and utterly disagree

Quote Originally Posted by ken oath View Post
    I know you're joking, but what's wrong with that title?

Are you suggesting that they're too good to play random BG's? I would completely and utterly disagree
    It's the opposite. They're by and large not very good at all, with very little sense of map awareness, have no concept of "don't fight on roads", are almost never near an objective trying to be taken or defended, and I don't think I've ever once seen one spin a flag or defend an FC, it's like they have filter glasses on that only show the color red

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Solo-Q-Systems with rating attached to them work so incredibly well in all the other games to deliver exactly the comfy and successful atmosphere that players are looking for! I mean....take a look at LoL, HOTS, DOTA....all of these games have such systems and are FAMOUS for how satisfied players are with their matches compared to WoW random BGs.
    So much sarcasm
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

zerging wins the game. just fist the other team into submission and easy win

Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    It's the opposite. They're by and large not very good at all, with very little sense of map awareness, have no concept of "don't fight on roads", are almost never near an objective trying to be taken or defended, and I don't think I've ever once seen one spin a flag or defend an FC, it's like they have filter glasses on that only show the color red
    Agreed. I feel the same about Arena tryhards as well. Quite often the LVP in any given BG im in is the guy crowing about his 2400 rating while roadfighting 30 yards from a node being capped.

Deleted

It's called including Rated BG's as a solo queue option. They don't want to do it though