Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

This is being wide released tomorrow (was released to select markets for a Tuesday early showing yesterday). I can't wait to see it. My boyfriend & I are going with 3 of our friends Friday night. I got tickets already for it. Anyone else looking forward to this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    This is being wide released tomorrow (was released to select markets for a Tuesday early showing yesterday). I can't wait to see it. My boyfriend & I are going with 3 of our friends Friday night. I got tickets already for it. Anyone else looking forward to this movie?
    Just got back from the premiere. And I absolutely loved it!

Just got back from seeing it and it felt really rushed to me, like it would have been better as a book instead of a movie.

Seeing this on a Saturday, really excited. So far the consensus seems to be fans will love it while the casual moviegoer might walk away confused.

So i really liked this movie. That being said, the twist at the end I find to be a huuuuuuge stretch.

Watched it earlier, didn't like it as near as much as the first. Don't really care much for the Dumbledore/Grindelwald story, wanted more Fantastic Beasts instead (like the first). Not to say it was bad, just wasn't what I wanted from a Fantastic Beasts movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I assume the "Dumbledore/Grindelwald story" is what JK already wrote and is canon.

I saw it and really enjoyed it. I can see why some might find it complicated but I had no problem following it and I was definitely never bored while watching it. The biggest problem the film has is that it's all set up for the next one and it doesn't work well as a stand-alone film but overall I would definitely recommend it if you are a fan of the series.

Damn Grindelwald, you scary mutha fucka.

It's kinda weird watching Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them yesterday on Bluray which seems to be a little on the lighthearted side until later on then this movie which takes on a darker tone because of how scary Grindelwald is.

I am definitely looking forward to part 3.

Awesome flick. 10x better than the first. I saw it on the 17th in China. Loved it!! I am also excited about the third movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Watched it earlier, didn't like it as near as much as the first. Don't really care much for the Dumbledore/Grindelwald story, wanted more Fantastic Beasts instead (like the first). Not to say it was bad, just wasn't what I wanted from a Fantastic Beasts movie.
    Yep..I was really hoping to see MORE beasts. I guess the storyline could only put so many in. With the exception of the nifflers appearing periodically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    So i really liked this movie. That being said, the twist at the end I find to be a huuuuuuge stretch.
    Me too..especially out of all the Harry Potter films, you never even get hinted at the information that's presented at the end of FB2.

Johnny Depp is quite blatantly trying to be something else besides Johnny Depp. His unique set of mannerisms and idiosyncrasies are toned way down to totally absent. But he cannot seem to find another personna when you take all of that away from him and so he comes off as very stiff and not a good actor. Its a tough thing to pull off. Gary Oldman could do it but Depp fails here.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Terrible movie. The plot is bad, most characters are useless. It's a very superficial movie that is just milking the fame of the original series, the movie is all about Easter eggs and special effects.

I have no idea why it is even called Fantastic Beasts, there aren't any of them that have any relevance to the plot. The pacing of the movie was also horrendous in the later stages of the movie. Save yourself 2 hours and some, and don't bother with this movie.
    Last edited by mmocfc3a103b64; 2018-11-20 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    I have no idea why it is even called Fantastic Beasts, there aren't any of them that have any relevance to the plot. .
    Huh? The climax involved fighting some fantastic beasts...
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    You mean the fiendfyre? For a climax it was extremely weak. The setting arriving to that point didn't make much sense first of all; and what fighting was there? Pointing your wand at the ground and yelling finite doesn't make a fight. This entire scene was just a long monologue from the bad guy followed by 5 minutes of special effects, and although I don't think Johnny Depp makes for a good Grindelwald, he wasn't the worst thing in the movie, which says quite a bit on how bad this movie is.

Ah, that's a shame. The first one was enjoyable, but from what I've heard this one is rather meh. A series of episodic adventures like the first one would've been cool, but it seems they are already diving into the serious plot with the second movie, and there's three more to go...

It's mediocre at best. I can't understand how it's getting 10 ratings but then again HP stans are pretty crazy people anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ah, that's a shame. The first one was enjoyable, but from what I've heard this one is rather meh. A series of episodic adventures like the first one would've been cool, but it seems they are already diving into the serious plot with the second movie, and there's three more to go...
    Don't worry about what other people say. I really enjoyed the film, it's not perfect but I was never bored.

There are very few movies where I can sit and watch and be satisfied on the basis that despite the story the adventure was fun. Harry Potter has always been fun with so so story. Fantastic Beasts is no different. However, as soon as you introduce Grendilwald and Dumbledore as having arcs Newt and friends, and beasts feel completely pointless. I have no interest in seeing what new creature he's fallen in love with or what semi magic zoo he's made for them. It was fun for the first movie, but drags through the second. There are other vastly more interesting stories to discover and with limited screen time I can't help but feel his scenes are a large waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    There are very few movies where I can sit and watch and be satisfied on the basis that despite the story the adventure was fun. Harry Potter has always been fun with so so story. Fantastic Beasts is no different. However, as soon as you introduce Grendilwald and Dumbledore as having arcs Newt and friends, and beasts feel completely pointless. I have no interest in seeing what new creature he's fallen in love with or what semi magic zoo he's made for them. It was fun for the first movie, but drags through the second. There are other vastly more interesting stories to discover and with limited screen time I can't help but feel his scenes are a large waste.
    They are sticking Newt in a love story arc. If love stories aren't your thing, his scenes are a waste, yes. I haven't read any books but I'd guess the idea is they will put Girindlewald and Dumbledore in a love story arc where they are currently enemies but by the end they become friends/lovers again. Meanwhile, Newt and Tina Goldstein will start out in a blossoming love affair and then Tina will turn evil and wind up the big bad. I mean usually that is how this sort of plot goes.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-11-22 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually did not like it sadly.
    It is not a bad movie so to say, and I don't feel like I wasted my money.
    But I prefer the focus on the fantastic beast, and I think it had too much of a focus on the love story.

That's my personal opinion of cause.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup