Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wonder if Sony intends to try their hand at another portable console again. I don't see the PS5 taking the Switch route, that might be too costly for them to produce and sell right now. If they intend to make another portable like the Vita, they need to drop the crappy memory format and use microSDXC because I think that along with the game lineup at release, were two of the biggest factors in its lack of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    1) Days Gone will be released before e3, and wasn't even shown during the main show at e3 2018

2) TLOU2 has only had 2 trailers and 1 gameplay demo shown. Barely shown at all if you want to be technical but nice hyperbole bro.

3) Death Stranding, yea they have shown SO MUCH about this game we still don't even really know what it is. Totally nothing to show here /s

4) Ghost of Tsushima has only had 1 trailer and 1 gameplay demo shown again nothing to show here /s

5) MediEvil Remake hasn't even been shown at all, only announced.

The hot takes are pretty funny, they have plenty to show still they just clearly don't want to do it at e3.
    My point about those games is we saw them at E3 2018 in various lengthy trailers and or gameplay demo, we saw TLOU2 trailer at PSX 2016, another trailer after, then a big gameplay trailer at the past E3 that was over 14 mins so im over it seeing a 2nd gameplay trailer at E3 2019, we know what game its gonna be, don't have to see it 4 times more before release.

Days Gone wasn't shown at E3 no, but it had 2 20 mins gameplay footage video's weeks before that, it gets released before E3 yes but my point was we saw enough of it already too if you count the 2x20 mins gameplay videos 6 months ago and the 2-3 trailers they already did about it.

Death stranding had 1 reveal trailer and then a sort of gameplay video at E3 2018, though it was more a walking simulator video, I give them that they could show a full fledged gameplay video about it before release.

The only ones they can milk some more footage off is Ghost and medieval yes, my point was just that for the others we already saw more than ample of without them needing another E3 or PSX next month for it, there are AAA+ movies that release with less trailers then some Sony games do, I for one get tired of seeing the same game 5 times from Sony before it gets released.

It's well known in this industry that Sony always shows stuff waaay to early and then milks it out for at least 2 E3's and a PSX, some people might like that for the hype but I for one don't need to see 6 trailers and 3 gameplay videos about something before it releases 2-3 years later.
    I sincerely doubt they still got plenty to show, PS4 is on its last legs and all the AAA games that still come are the ones we know off now, the rest is PS5, you're gonna get quite a sobering experience if you expect another 5-6 complete new AAA PS4 projects to be shown in 2019.

I like my ps4, I played almost every exclusive but i'm tired of them always showing things that are 5% into development in a first trailer and then slap on some generic '' coming 20xx '' at the end.
    Examples being but not limited to Spider-Man, Days Gone, Detroit, TLOU2, Death Stranding, hell even Horizon was already at E3 2015 but didn't release till March 2017, maybe that sort of long term hyping works for you but I get bored hearing about it for the next 2-3 big events.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2018-11-18 at 08:59 PM.

Shows and Cons have been pretty disastrous this year for several big names.. when you got the lead and are doing well its probably best to dodge having to answer questions that alienate your fan base and suck investors off when there isn't a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    My point about those games is we saw them at E3 2018 in various lengthy trailers and or gameplay demo, we saw TLOU2 trailer at PSX 2016, another trailer after, then a big gameplay trailer at the past E3 that was over 14 mins so im over it seeing a 2nd gameplay trailer at E3 2019, we know what game its gonna be, don't have to see it 4 times more before release.
    The PSX trailer was literally Ellie playing guitar and a logo(pre rendered too boot not even in engine graphics). The PGW trailer was literally a short scene we still don't have much context on. The e3 2018 showing is THE ONLY time TLOU2 has been shown in any meaningful context and they could very well show and impress with much more without giving away too much.

Not even gonna bother reading the rest of the post if it's as bad as this first part.

Good riddance, Sony can eat shit after they started their censorship spree.
    Bad enough they censor in general, but they are going directly to the source forcing censorship which ultimately affect's other platforms aswell.
    Forbidding developers from even talking about it, but not really shocking after they moved to cali.

At this rate i won't get PS5 anyways, but a switch because they are turning around and going down the right path now.

Deleted
    Too bad, I love watching E3 with a group of friends on Teamspeak (most likely Discord nowadays). It has become a tradition since we've been doing it for years now with the same party.

With Sony not being present at E3 I can see the event shrinking down again. As long as they pull an EA and host/stream their own event around the same time, I am fine with it.