View Poll Results: Would you like more cross-game rewards for gameplay?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

19 31.67%
  • No

33 55.00%
  • Maybe

6 10.00%
  • Other (DIT)

2 3.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I actually think it's a good idea. This is suppose to be some sort of "Bonus" that you don't need, why are people so against it?

You don't like to play the other game to obtain this reward? Sure, then don't bother getting it. It's purely cosmetic and offers no real benefits other than having a somewhat unique look.

It's like McDonalds Happy Meal toys with other franchises, I don't see people complaining that they need to spend money at McDonalds in order to get Snoopy/Hello Kitty toys.

Discussed stuff somehow reminds me Warmode threads. Not literally, but ideologically. Don't even know why
    __---=== IMHO and MORE ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    And here we have the main purpose for this thread. A not-so-clever attempt at implying all Blizzard games is in fact Activision, while the whole achievements thing is merely a subplot, irrelevant in the OPs mind.
    Dude. Seriously? There is not enough tinfoil in the world to make a sufficient hat for you.

If you get burned out, stop...enjoy a social life etc. Then back to playing when you get interested again.

It would be nice, but we the players are not reasonable enough for this.

There are too many players who see the possibility of getting cross game rewards and confuse it with the necessity to get them. There would be too much whining about how they HAVE to play Hearthstone to get a mount in WoW, how they HAVE to play Diablo to get a skin in Overwatch etc.

Example is the latest promotion with the ship mount. It's just a nice free mount for long time players but you know how that turned out on the forums.

Nah, I don't see the point. If I want rewards in Diablo or Overwatch I'll play those games. When I play Hearthstone and WoW I'd like rewards for those games.
    Pretty disappointing to do an achivement in the game you play just to get a reward for a game you don't play.

I wouldn't mind it. BUT I think a more interesting idea would be to tie it to an easter egg of some sort tied to that game. IE - Blizz hides an Overwatch logo somewhere and if you click it you unlock something for overwatch. Could be done with diablo npcs, protoss units, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    What if certain WoW achievements, like leveling to 120 without a boost on one of the newest allied races or maybe completing pathfinder rank 2, gave rewards in other Activision games like a pack of Hearthstone cards, a mount in HotS, or maybe a new skin in Overwatch? What if doing certain WoW content gave a reward for the upcoming Warcraft 3 remaster? Would that be remotely interesting to you?

They seem to have all of these cross-game promotions for buying deluxe editions of their games, but very few for just playing the other games (notably the hearthsteed and whatever they gave for hitting level 20 in HotS). Shouldn't that be something they do more of to increase engagement across franchises?

Does it strike you as a little weird that they don't do more of this?
    Why on earth would I want rewards that are only useful in games I have zero desire to play?

Merely a Setback Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    That'd only make me feel more compelled to spend money on the other games.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance

FFXIV: The Future Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)

The League of "Can We Please Stop Trying to Cancel BFA?"

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I didn't mean "real" in terms that existing WoW achievement rewards in WoW aren't real. I meant in terms of "real" items like card packs, mounts, skins, etc. across all of the games instead of just within WoW. I was kind of going for the idea that maybe hitting some massive meta-achievement across WoW, Diablo, Overwatch, etc. could even give you a token for a free expansion pack or deluxe edition upgrade to a game in the future.

I wasn't saying WoW in-game rewards aren't good. I just meant the achievement rewards could transcend a simple thing like what we get now. You like transmogs, so maybe a reward for participating in the Winter Veil Tavern Brawl of Hearthstone could grant you some kind of transmog token in WoW that you can turn in to Greatfather Winter for a special transmog of your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. I'm not trying to argue semantics. I'm just talking about the company that is listed on the stock market. The parent company. As frightening as it now sounds in my head, they could even give rewards in King games too... Maybe you crush enough candies, and you earn a WoW candy-themed transmog item or whatever. Maybe it even unlocks a mini-game of candy crush for WoW.

I know that they do this, but I feel like they should do more of it.
    God please no. Ultimate Online was ruined when they started introducing neon color hues, which is the color you can dye items. So think crafting a piece of gear and being able to dye it standard "WoW aesthetic colors", and then suddenly (in your example) being rewarded a special neon color that literally just doesn't fit in the WoW art style.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    God please no. Ultimate Online was ruined when they started introducing neon color hues, which is the color you can dye items. So think crafting a piece of gear and being able to dye it standard "WoW aesthetic colors", and then suddenly (in your example) being rewarded a special neon color that literally just doesn't fit in the WoW art style.
    I was thinking something much simpler like a peppermint belt buckle or staff topper. It was just a random thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That'd only make me feel more compelled to spend money on the other games.
    That's the entire point.

none of the games you listed are activision games
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Some ppl sell accounts with rare achi for REAL money.