Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cove210 View Post
    No amount of extra rewards is going to make anyone put up with being 5v1'd or 10v1'd. None. So this is how you fix warmode. If your zone imbalance reaches a threshold of one faction out numbering the other faction by lets say 3-1. Then the outnumbered faction in that zone would receive a buff, for example:

Courage of the Alliance: Health and damage increased by 150%.

That is 150% for a 3-1 ratio, increasing by 50% for each tick of imbalance. Yes that means if you are outnumbered 10 to 1 and your town is completely overrun (this happens often for alliance) you would receive a zone buff to your health and damage of 500%.

No way! That's totally broken and OP! Everyone would turn on warmode just to be a God mode player!

Thaaaaaaaat's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And once people turn on that warmode so that they can be a PvP raid boss, they will quickly notice that buff powering down as more people turn it on. Or just Horde fleeing the zone rather than fight you.

Also, they'd just have to make it so the buff didn't work in PvE.

And then balance was restored. You'd have your level playing field, one way or another.
    Isn't that what happened in Wintergrasp and it didn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    False, give me 500% xp boost and I'll look for exploits to double the War Mode buff lol
    And then get banned for exploiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    It's just too late. Alliance aren't interested in Horde war mode nonsense anymore.

Have fun in your empty war shards.
    Enough alliance seem to gank me to suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    And then get banned for exploiting it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    1.) AI bots

or

2.) You accidently got into the shard which has alliance players
    I wish they were bots or this only happened once. Every day, Seeker's Vista is camped. Mornings doing world quests, I've noticed, are particularly alliance heavy. I don't get how all these people go a day without seeing the other faction if they do WQs, I can't get away from the bastards.

You fix it by making a Peace Mode for people who hate PvP and want to group with the Opposing faction. It is a long time coming.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    No, just no. Also there's nothing to "fix". It's not Blizzard's fault because alliance players aren't interested in PVP.

No amount of extra rewards is going to make anyone put up with being 5v1'd or 10v1'd. None. So this is how you fix warmode. If your zone imbalance reaches a threshold of one faction out numbering the other faction by lets say 3-1. Then the outnumbered faction in that zone would receive a buff, for example:

Courage of the Alliance: Health and damage increased by 150%.

That is 150% for a 3-1 ratio, increasing by 50% for each tick of imbalance. Yes that means if you are outnumbered 10 to 1 and your town is completely overrun (this happens often for alliance) you would receive a zone buff to your health and damage of 500%.

No way! That's totally broken and OP! Everyone would turn on warmode just to be a God mode player!

Thaaaaaaaat's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And once people turn on that warmode so that they can be a PvP raid boss, they will quickly notice that buff powering down as more people turn it on. Or just Horde fleeing the zone rather than fight you.

Also, they'd just have to make it so the buff didn't work in PvE.

And then balance was restored. You'd have your level playing field, one way or another.
    I know you're new or something but they did this exact thing in Wintergrasp during Wrath of the lich king, and it didn't work the Alliance always had Tenacity, and Horde always had the #'s to dominate more than 150% increase lol.

Deleted
    Even if shards are balanced to have the same number of alliance and horde players, this will create imbalances:

Horde will have many empty shards with 0 alliance since they heavily outnumber the alliance faction, making them get 10% rewards for no effort which many players actually want at the end of the day. Free stuff is nice. This also promotes faction changing to horde which is a bad thing for the game.

Alliance players will never have an empty shard with 0 horde players, you will always see horde players at every WQ. And since it will be a rare occasion for horde players to actually see alliance players since most of horde shards are empty, they are very likely to attack alliance players when they do see them.

Horde players will also be very likely to create raids/groups inside these alliance shards to farm pvp weekly quests since these quests are hard to complete normally because of the lack of alliance players, which will in the end make it even harder for alliance players to complete WQs, since you are fighting grouped people all the time.

The only thing that is needed is for people to actually want to play the alliance faction over the horde faction. Right now the alliance faction is just plain worse to play in. Free transfers from horde to alliance and racial buffs are both probably needed to turn this around, but it might already be too late. Player numbers heavily outweighs all other kinds of buffs in an MMO.

I mean people are mentioning that the tenacity buff didn't work, to fix that you'd just have to tweek the numbers until it was a fair fight. If I have to fight a 1v10, I should basically be able to two shot any horde I fight at that point to make up for the cc's and focus fire I'm about to deal with.

I mean people are mentioning that the tenacity buff didn't work, to fix that you'd just have to tweek the numbers until it was a fair fight. If I have to fight a 1v10, I should basically be able to two shot any horde I fight at that point to make up for the cc's and focus fire I'm about to deal with.
    So basically how it was in Wintergrasp with full Tenacity?

You spawn, one shot a few enemies, then end up perma cc'd.

at this point. i love that alliance are opting out of WM on mass. maby blizzard will finally realise they fucked up in terms of alliance. in Lore, content, racials, using them as a plot device at best. and a punching bag at worst. mocking them every blizzcon. but they won't untill finaly this binary faction game. won't have 2 factions to make it binary.

how about the Alliance just stop being cowards and turn WM on and fight. According to https://realmpop.com/us.html its practically 50:50 when it comes to Faction balance with the Alliance actually having a slight edge. So anyone that says there's more Horde players is just flat out WRONG. Why should Blizzard fix a system that isnt broken? If it was like 60:40 in favor of Horde then maybe I can see the point of all the whining but the Alliance HAS MORE PEOPLE. Stop being whiny pussies and just turn on WM already and fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    They've tried this before in Wintergrasp. You know what happened? Even with massive buffs to player health and damage, the swarm from the other side still wins through sheer healing/damage/CC.

Sorry, your idea has been tried and it failed.
    I was thinking his buff wouldn't work by itself, but:

What if they also started to send more guards for your faction to the zone? Guards that actually attack the enemy. It would turn the attack into a real battle.

Maybe- if enough players stick with the fight, famous npc's and other characters that would be similar to the blue world quest npc's start showing up.

You could even go as far as having a portal to the attack open in a big faction city (with an announcement in chat)- this way more players could get to the battle.

I could def. see that piquing some interest. I just don't think Blizz wanted to put enough work into WM to make it engaging. I have a bunch more ideas too and I was just thinking for 5 mins..... If I really worked on this- seems there is a ton of stuff you could do (not sure Blizz wanted to invest that much time in it).

I remember tenacity in Wintergrasp, and no, it wasn't fun, nor a good mechanic. Blizzard has already stated that they have/are changed/changing how warmode sharding works. It prioritizes balanced shards, and dumps the more populated faction onto empty shards (shards without the enemy faction).

OP idea is good.Exactly likethis is working the WvWvW buff in GW2.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outnumbered
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Deleted
    The only solution i see in the shorterm is buffs to Alliance racials, PvP specfically would probably be the best so the PvPers swap over to Alliance again and their 'followers' does the same. Although there are fewer 'pvper's in WoW they are still the once that are most likely to engage in Worldpvp.

Longterm i honestly don't know Horde has had the superior racials for Pve since TBC atleast (vanilla too could be argued) and has attracted the top players (and their followers) ever since. Still i don't think it's fair to make the Alliance have 'better' pve racials just overnight either. Even if the do buff Ally racials somewhat for Pve i doubt it will have much impact either as by tradition and because how many people have invested so much time into Horde characters so i don't think many would change anyway.

So sadly i don't know whats to be done but i hope for a some sort of solution in the near future.
    Last edited by mmoc489118fe45; 2018-11-24 at 05:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitdog View Post
    warmode is broken, too many rogue gankers, im happy i have my turned off, makes leveling more fun
    If you want a fun and engaging open world experience with balanced PvP opportunities... the Horde is there waiting?

Deleted
    There is no easy fix. There is slighlty more horde players but alliance, but not that many. But more horde players PVP with warmode on.
    I started with it on, at the start of the expation, and it was balanced enough, but slihglity outnumbered(i played alliance) but i removed it later on, as i was just outnumbered. World PVP is rarely "fair" or balanced. but when it is 6v1 it just stupid and waste of time.

I think this buff that Alliance get in 8.1 is bullshit honestly. I usually just leave low level Alliance alone but now that they have a huge buff I will be ganking every Alliance I see. Alliance may get 30% more bonus so Alliance should expect to die 30% more.
    Last edited by psiko74; 2018-11-24 at 08:53 PM.