Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Human Holy Priest.

IDGAF about that fear ward, human spirit while using o5sr is beast.
    It's only 5% extra spirit. You're going to be looking at 10-15 extra spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    ... There are exclusive BE players? Why would you limit yourself to one race?

I guess there are.. Why?

More than I thought. Is it a cult thing or what's going on?
    One reason people may play Blood Elves exclusively is aesthetics. Blood Elves (and now Void Elves) are the only races in wow with males that have even remotely realistic human proportions and nice face options. Human males look like steroid junkies and all their face options look 40-50 years old.

I have characters on both sides and I can tell you that all my horde characters are blood elves where possible (no BE druids or shaman sadly). And while I personally think they are too skinny, many folk think the Thalassian elf female is very pretty. I enjoy a game much more when I like how my character looks.

For Alliance, until Void Elves I had an exclusively female roster because the males were all fugly. When we got Void Elves I race changed most of my characters to Void Elf males. My druid, dk, demon hunter, shaman and paladin are obviously stuck as they are which is sad. I'm just hoping that some day Blizz gives us new races (or customization options for the old races) that let me make attractive looking males.

I get that it may seem like a silly reason, but it's mine. I just really don't enjoy playing when I don't like how my character looks.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2018-11-16 at 01:26 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunsz View Post
    alliance 100% right? human, night elf?
    Undead. I started a Forsaken Warlock/Rogue but scrapped both of them once BC came out. Not sure if I'll try Classic, but I'm Horde4Lyfe so if I do it will probably be as a Forsaken Shadow Priest.

A lot depends on whether you want to stick with Horde or are open to playing Alliance. If you want to stay Horde, you could go Troll for the somewhat tall/skinny aesthetic, or Tauren for the "one with nature" vibe. Orcs seem out, as I can't really come up with any correlation there. Undead, well, it's a complete 180, so maybe that works. Plus you don't have to spend 30 levels in one zone.

If you are willing to switch to Alliance, NE is the obvious alternative, but Humans and Dwarves have their appeal. Gnomes, much like Undead, are a complete 180, plus the faction change, so you could try that, too. Plus, a lot of people like the idea of the smallest character in game being a tank for the sheer absurdity.

The same thing that I rolled in during the original version, i.e. a human/undead warrior, paladin, mage, rogue, and/or priest.

Quote Originally Posted by hunsz View Post
    alliance 100% right? human, night elf?
    If I play, i will likely play exactly what I played back in vanilla, which was an undead warlock for pvp and casual pve ( no raiding ).

Deleted
    I will pick Orc, maaaybe Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    One reason people may play Blood Elves exclusively is aesthetics. Blood Elves (and now Void Elves) are the only races in wow with males that have even remotely realistic human proportions and nice face options. Human males look like steroid junkies and all their face options look 40-50 years old.

I have characters on both sides and I can tell you that all my horde characters are blood elves where possible (no BE druids or shaman sadly). And while I personally think they are too skinny, many folk think the Thalassian elf female is very pretty. I enjoy a game much more when I like how my character looks.

For Alliance, until Void Elves I had an exclusively female roster because the males were all fugly. When we got Void Elves I race changed most of my characters to Void Elf males. My druid, dk, demon hunter, shaman and paladin are obviously stuck as they are which is sad. I'm just hoping that some day Blizz gives us new races (or customization options for the old races) that let me make attractive looking males.

I get that it may seem like a silly reason, but it's mine. I just really don't enjoy playing when I don't like how my character looks.
    I guess I get it, I'm just surprised that so many would be so shallow. I avoid human looking characters almost entirely as I'm not trying to portray my character as a better version of myself - just a character, but I guess that's me.

I guess I also don't find the BE characters attractive. The male especially didn't have any redeeming features aside from a weak human physique (which, in a game where we're fighting gods, is not the natural state), while the female may have a model-y face, but a physique too thin to even be healthy for humans in the real world.

That said, opinions aside, is a pretty face or average real life human proportions really enough of a reason to play exclusively one race? That's really the part that has me confused.

fem troll or fem forsaken
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Shame on you. Faction before fashion.
    I am not interested in Faction pride and war. I am an adventurer who are after the evils of the world, in order to provide a better future for the children of both factions!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Undead or Human

The same race I originally started playing Horde for: Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not an exclusive Blood Elf player but I do main one. On Horde I'd play Orc, on Alliance I'll probably play Human.

I'm unlikely to play Horde though due to how unfinished that faction is in vanilla.

Hopefully they will stay far away.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Care-bear alert!
    If you are a pacifist does not mean that you affraid to fight or you are not strong!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylight View Post
    Being the exclusive BELF player myself, I haven't decided on yet.

Probably will wait for classic TBC release
    Haha, agreed.

I love Blood Elves so much... too much, actually. I'll miss them in Classic.

On-topic: I'll either go for the Undead (Undead Priest - most likely), or a Night Elf Priest on the Alliance
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Since the vanilla models all look shit.. undead probably, at least you have the metal vibe to being ugly as sin. But it's just another reason why I don't see much appeal in the tedious time sink that classic was. I did it 14 years ago, and frankly I have no desire to do it again, not even as low priority alt only leveled with good company and booze tbh.
    You should give it a try nevertheless. It's like a gem you will experience twice in a life time. You won't get another Classic launch as hyped as this one, so might as well not miss it and regret it later, bud.

i don't know if night elf would feel the same but they're definitely the closest

OP says "alliance 100%" but most of these replies are saying "idk, prolly undead rogue like I did before"

Ah, no horde-elves is the only thing I really miss about Classic.
    Mother pus bucket!