Suggestions for alternative abilities for Mercy and Brigitte

Given the amount of ire and frustration both Mercy`s rez ability and Brigitte`s stun has drawn to them, i
    figured i`d start a thread with the intention of offering suggestions for replacements for either of the aforementioned
    abilities.

Mercy`s new E ability: Empowered beams. The player Mercy has her healing beam locked onto gets the
    added benefit of the damage bonus as well, lasts say 5 seconds.

Brigitte`s new E ability: Shield Throw. Throw a shield at a player, slowing them for 2 second.
    Alternative E ability: Reflective Shield. Reflects projectiles for 2 seconds the next time the shield is raised.
    Another alternative E ability: Illuminated Shield. Causes enemies directly infront of the shield to be blinded and miss
    attacks for 1 second.

They aren't going to get rid of either of those. Rez is too iconic and is tied to her achievements and Shield Bash is entirely how she is able to counter Dive, which is her entire purpose. If they are going to change Shield Bash, then it would need to be an ability that at least suppresses movement based abilities (i.e. Blink, Recall, Double Jump, Fade, Jetpack, Roll) for a few seconds, possibly on top of a slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, PTR today trashes Shield Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well, PTR today trashes Shield Bash.
    Yeah. It going down to just 5 damage is pretty severe overkill on the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Given the amount of ire and frustration both Mercy`s rez ability and Brigitte`s stun has drawn to them, i
    figured i`d start a thread with the intention of offering suggestions for replacements for either of the aforementioned
    abilities.
    There is pretty much nothing worse than the kind of people who play Brigitte. They're retarded and given a free pass to shit all over everything you put into Overwatch. Did I mention that they are retarded? If you put 1000 hours into playing Tracer, you can barely play the hero now. They are retarded and they are allowed to stop you from enjoying the game.

Even though they can't figure out how to trigger Inspire but are Diamond.

Pray for EFFECT. He wants to kill Jeff. He better delete that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Yeah. It going down to just 5 damage is pretty severe overkill on the nerf.
    well there it is... the stupidest fucking thing i'll read all day today

Quote Originally Posted by nyeh View Post
    There is pretty much nothing worse than the kind of people who play Brigitte. They're retarded and given a free pass to shit all over everything you put into Overwatch. Did I mention that they are retarded? If you put 1000 hours into playing Tracer, you can barely play the hero now. They are retarded and they are allowed to stop you from enjoying the game.

Even though they can't figure out how to trigger Inspire but are Diamond.

Pray for EFFECT. He wants to kill Jeff. He better delete that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

If you put 1000 hours into Tracer you should have probably learnt to just stay away from Brig...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    If you put 1000 hours into Tracer you should have probably learnt to just stay away from Brig...
    You know what I think is really funny about all you people who think Brigitte was a great addition to the game?

Not a single one of you, from Bronze to GM, is even capable of playing Tracer. It's literally the only hero you will never swap to for counter. You won't even try.

Why is that? Just swap. It's easy. Just swap man. Do it. It's not hard.

The logic I've seen is: Brig Combo + 1 shot from Zen/Ana or 2 shots from Mercy (lol, like that'll happen) should be a dead Tracer/Genji if it were 25 damage on bash... If I am remembering the math right. Which should be fine since it requires coordination and can be baited out.

You know what I think is really funny about all you people who think Brigitte was a great addition to the game?

Not a single one of you, from Bronze to GM, is even capable of playing Tracer. It's literally the only hero you will never swap to for counter. You won't even try.

Why is that? Just swap. It's easy. Just swap man. Do it. It's not hard.
    What's really funny is you making generalised assumptions then thinking you have a point.

In reality I actually think Brig needs nerfing but I still know her entire point of being added was to shut down back line flankers like Tracer and Genji. Before she even went live I already knew as Tracer, stay away from Brig. If you haven't learned that going near the hero that was entirely designed to shut down your hero is a bad idea, there's no hope for you.

In reality I actually think Brig needs nerfing but I still know her entire point of being added was to shut down back line flankers like Tracer and Genji.
    Why does everyone always think it's the stun? If you are good you won't get stunned. Removing the damage from the stun doesn't change anything for Tracer in that matchup and on top of that aren't they buffing Inspire? So now she will be even better at WM1'ing.

It literally just means she won't be out in the middle of nowhere doing whatever it is that retarded brig players do, like believing it was okay for them to be a FlankerTankSupport. I quit shortly after Brigitte was released because I couldn't shake the feeling that Jeff had fucked me and that I probably was not going to enjoy the next year of being chased by triggered Mercy mains.

I'd considered returning after PTR changes went live, but I literally cannot even with how these people have been given a free pass to fuck with me. It's ridiculous. Only a jackass would have made such a stupid hero.
    Last edited by nyeh; 2018-11-19 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    The logic I've seen is: Brig Combo + 1 shot from Zen/Ana or 2 shots from Mercy (lol, like that'll happen) should be a dead Tracer/Genji if it were 25 damage on bash... If I am remembering the math right. Which should be fine since it requires coordination and can be baited out.
    Amazing people still talk about Brig like she’s a back line support standing around waiting for Tracer. It’s this shit that infuriates me, because it demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of how Brigs kit even works, never mind how she’s played. How the fuck is a slow hero with a short dash on a 7s cd going to catch up with Tracer? What the hell are they doing not getting stuck in and getting Inspire proced.

Sure, she can one shot a Tracer, but the reality is that they simply don’t interact. Brig creates space Tracer won’t work in and Armour Packs that hurt her damage and quickly top people from burst. It’s nothing to do with the one shot beyond it being a deterrent. But then the full death balls she promotes that do anyway.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-11-19 at 08:59 PM.

Why does everyone always think it's the stun? If you are good you won't get stunned. Removing the damage from the stun doesn't change anything for Tracer in that matchup and on top of that aren't they buffing Inspire? So now she will be even better at WM1'ing.

It literally just means she won't be out in the middle of nowhere doing whatever it is that retarded brig players do, like believing it was okay for them to be a FlankerTankSupport. I quit shortly after Brigitte was released because I couldn't shake the feeling that Jeff had fucked me and that I probably was not going to enjoy the next year of being chased by triggered Mercy mains.

I'd considered returning after PTR changes went live, but I literally cannot even with how these people have been given a free pass to fuck with me. It's ridiculous. Only a jackass would have made such a stupid hero.
    Again just stay away from her as Tracer? Even with Inspire active tracer is far more agile. Just pay attention to where Brig is and avoid her. You're getting upset over a hero being OP for a reason that's completely your own fault. Tracer should never be near Brig...

Again just stay away from her as Tracer?
    oh, i guess i'll just go sit in spawn and wait there until the match is over then because that's basically the only place the deranged mercy main can't follow me to.

Even with Inspire active tracer is far more agile. Just pay attention to where Brig is and avoid her. You're getting upset over a hero being OP for a reason that's completely your own fault. Tracer should never be near Brig...
    no, i'm getting pissed off because i've been roped into some sort of sick fucking joke put together by a mercy main & some dumbass gm mccree main that constantly whines about tracer but plays against the best players in the world and doesn't take them seriously enough to beat them and complains it isn't a winning strategy and that mccree is a shit hero because he can't pick his fights and keeps whining about how much better tracer is but still plays mccree and doesn't even try to play tracer.

dude i just don't think you know. you don't get to be away from brigitte if you're doing your job as tracer.

There is no reason to change their E abilities. Mercy's kit and rez are already nerfed many times over, and currently she is not even viable because her raw healing is not competitive anymore with Ana or Moira, and she has no utility or synergy with meta comps like zarya ultmongering or goats. I don't think they should buff her rez, but it is hardly a problem anymore.

Brigitte should also not get a different E. The whole point of her is to give genjis and tracers something to worry about, which she does a bit too well atm. They are going to nerf her burst damage soon, and maybe that is all she needs to crash out of the meta never to be complained about again.

do u guys that talk about comps even play in masters?

because ive noticed this trend where everybody just hates tracer players because they can't play tracer to save their life and is talking shit on dive comp and say they run it in plat and swear up and down that they are not full of shit and know what a dive comp is but in reality people are just saying words they think seem big and hard to understand and make them sound smart just to say them.

Mercy's res is gimp as fuck anyway at this point; I mean sure if you play in a high bracket maybe you have tanks actually capable of coordinating to protect you while you get a res off but in bronze/silver good fucking luck with that, you might as well not even have a res ability. I'm not sure why it needs to be removed.

As for Brigette, I don't play her much and she's annoying af to play against. I don't think her interrupt should work on ults, that's way too op. Limit it to interrupting resses and shit.

- - - Updated - - -

do u guys that talk about comps even play in masters?
    Because the only people intelligent enough to talk about comps are people in the highest brackets? K, bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethos View Post
    Aoe Rez for mercy
    "Hey Mercy, hide there until we all die then rez us all so we can win."

Nah, fine with them not returning to that.

Make Mercy's shift usable on hostile or friendly targets.

Delete blue beam and replace with an energy sword slash with a RoF or 1 slash per 3 seconds

Delete gold beam and replace it with dual wielding the same pistol she has now.

give her 100 hp and 100 shields

make her ult flight speed 50%faster and make her immune to headshots while flying.

charge her name to merciless

Birgitte's shield slam is one of the reasons to play her. It's fun and useful, and it would be a tragedy if she lost it.
    Mother pus bucket!