Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who doesn't have decent internet for downloading games these days? Hell, I can tether my phone to my PC and download 50GB games if I wanted to with unlimited data (1000GB technically).

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Who doesn't have decent internet for downloading games these days? Hell, I can tether my phone to my PC and download 50GB games if I wanted to with unlimited data (1000GB technically).
    90% of the US and huge parts of the world.

This can't be a serious question because a simple google search would show you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    90% of the US and huge parts of the world.

This can't be a serious question because a simple google search would show you.
    Oh yeah lol. You guys still have data caps.....

Couldn't imagine having data caps on my home broadband....

Oh yeah lol. You guys still have data caps.....

Couldn't imagine having data caps on my home broadband....
    And the funny part is the US is MS's biggest market for Xbox. I honestly would not even be surprised if the XboxOne (2) was digital only.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the funny part is the US is MS's biggest market for Xbox. I honestly would not even be surprised if the XboxOne (2) was digital only.
    The last game I bought physically was God Of War, and that's only because it came with my PS4. I tend to download most of my games these days. Unless it's an online game, I tend to just pirate shit. I've only bought 3 out of 14 games for my Switch. The rest are all pirated.

The last game I bought physically was God Of War, and that's only because it came with my PS4. I tend to download most of my games these days. Unless it's an online game, I tend to just pirate shit. I've only bought 3 out of 14 games for my Switch. The rest are all pirated.
    I have a physical game collection of over 300 games.

I like owning the things I buy and will always go for a physical copy when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I get all my games digitally anyway, so it's no big deal to me.
    But physical games on consoles have big adventage. You can exchange games that you already played for another one that you want for free or for some small fees if the game is more expensive than yours. Theres alot of sites focused on trading used games.
    So I never will stick to digital only console. Why I would want to pay for every single game when I can just exchange games I dont want anymore?

The Blu-Ray drive in the XboxOne S isn't costing them $100 (Its $250 for a new S) and the hardware is so old keeping a Blu-Ray drive likely costs them little to nothing overall.

If this rumor is true its them trying to push more digital sells and a more digital market. They make way more money on digital sales than physical and it has been thier agenda since the announcement of the XB1.
    Or you could just watch Brad's podcast where he addresses this in particular

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Or you could just watch Brad's podcast where he addresses this in particular
    No clue who brad is.

RIP people with data caps and terrible internet connections.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-11-19 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I don't understand why everything is becoming digital, so fast... it's like people don't want to live in physical reality anymore. I don't know, but it's scares AND frustrates me.
    Convenience. That is really the only reason I can see people thinking digital is better. Makes no sense to me though. It would take less time for me to go to a store and buy it than download 80gb worth of game. Not to mention, typically you aren't going to get a discount for digital, there is no recouping money by selling it at a later date if you wanted, and when things like a discless xbox comes out I wouldnt be shocked if they manage to charge more for taking a disc reader OUT of the dam thing.

No clue who brad is.
    The author of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    It could be a Canada thing we might just have better infrastructure the the states idk.

Now that is something else where do you live area/region wise.
    small town in Alabama

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd laugh if Microsoft announces that Xbox games cost $70. Not like you can get your games anyplace else.

Deleted
    But does the Xbox have enough distinctiveness left to even exist in the current gaming market anymore?
    The PS4 game library and exclusives are so much better nowadays and the deals they often have with publishers (like early access on new content) are also something to take into account.

In the past I played Xbox for only one reason: Halo games. Now that those are pretty much dead in the water (after Reach it was over for me), why even pick an Xbox over a PS4? It seems like the worst choice you can make currently.

Of course there is also the factor of buying the console that your friends use for online play, but other than that you gotta wonder if the next generation might be the right time to switch to the Playstation.