Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    Deleted

Titanforging is here to stay

Will gear ever return to the way it used to be with no warforging and titanforging?
    That’s unlikely.

Gear used to be only available from a handful of activities, such as raiding or rated PvP. Obtaining a specific piece of gear could be a months-long pursuit. As the quantity and variety of sources of gear increased over the years, increasingly the pacing of rewards wasn’t matching the pacing of the activity itself. By Mists of Pandaria, a guild progressing through a raid zone over the course of a couple of months could reach a point where they were fully equipped with gear from that tier, before having finished the zone. Lacking individual motivation or excitement about rewards when raiding, even if the encounters themselves were still fun, meant a lack of continued progression for the group. If you were stuck on Sha of Fear, there was no real expectation that your group would get any stronger week over week to help you overcome that hurdle. That gave rise to Thunderforging as a system in Patch 5.2, which evolved into the system we know today.

We like that Warforging preserves a sense of possibility to most encounters, and it allows a group’s overall item level to continue to increase steadily. It also creates moments of surprise and excitement across all types of players and activities. Of course, we understand that when an exceptionally lucky player gets a perfect Titanforged item from a Raid Finder boss, that can feel like it undermines Mythic content, but ultimately, that’s just a single piece of gear. Overall, the Mythic raider will be better-geared than the Normal or Heroic raider, even if the latter gets lucky once. We restrict the ability of pieces like weapons or Azerite armor to Titanforge, and we’ve reduced the chance of extreme Titanforging in BfA. We used to see players who felt obligated to run content they’d outgeared just for a chance at lucky upgrades, and we now see far less of this behavior.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...onal-questions

What do you think?

just w8 for classic servers

It also creates moments of surprise and excitement across all types of players and activities.
    Yep, sounds like slot machine/gambling system to me. Can't wait for that next dopamine high.
    Last edited by crono14; 2018-11-16 at 08:47 PM.

Titanforge gives people a reason to keep playing and redo content. Which equals more played time which equals money to investors and stock brokers. So its definently not going anywhere. Dont matter if it's fair or fun its money and that's what they want.

Of course it will stay, it's good for the longevity of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Titanforge gives people a reason to keep playing and redo content. Which equals more played time which equals money to investors and stock brokers. So its definently not going anywhere. Dont matter if it's fair or fun its money and that's what they want.
    I don't see Titanforging having a big effect on that. The number of people getting BiS prior to Titanforging being in the game and canceling their sub because of it was most likely absolutely miniscule.

To be honest, I already feel titanforging has been nerfed a lot compared to Legion. Right now I have only one piece that is 390 and everything else is 380 (from mythic+ weekly chest) or 385 (from mythic bosses), whereas during Legion more than half of my gear was warforged or titanforged all the time.

My whole guild has only seen about two pieces at 395 ilvl in the whole tier. Titanforging is really not affecting our gear in any significant way.

If they would create content that wouldn't be completed in a matter of days, such an incredible stupid, dull and idiotic system wouldn't even be here in the first place. I really am getting frustrated with the direction of the game with so many complains and just ignoring the entirety of it. People getting rewarded with higher difficulty item level gear just because they're lucky... I don't understand how that is good gameplay. It's like making a test and the dumb ass next to you get's an A+ instead of his B because his work got titanforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    To be honest, I already feel titanforging has been nerfed a lot compared to Legion. Right now I have only one piece that is 390 and everything else is 380 (from mythic+ weekly chest) or 385 (from mythic bosses), whereas during Legion more than half of my gear was warforged or titanforged all the time.

My whole guild has only seen about two pieces at 395 ilvl in the whole tier. Titanforging is really not affecting our gear in any significant way.
    Same here. I think our highest TF in the entire guild, in terms of ilvls gained, is a base 355 pair of pants from a M+ TFing to 385. Now that's a juicy boost alright, but it's still one single piece of gear and hardly a spectacularly statted one either.

we understand that when an exceptionally lucky player gets a perfect Titanforged item from a Raid Finder boss, that can feel like it undermines Mythic content, but ultimately, that’s just a single piece of gear. Overall, the Mythic raider will be better-geared than the Normal or Heroic raider, even if the latter gets lucky once. We restrict the ability of pieces like weapons or Azerite armor to Titanforge, and we’ve reduced the chance of extreme Titanforging in BfA. We used to see players who felt obligated to run content they’d outgeared just for a chance at lucky upgrades, and we now see far less of this behavior.
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head. The part about their data at the end is quite interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post

Then why every mythic 10+ that I do has 2 or 3 guys that are all almost full 390ilvl with sockets and shit. While I have only two 395 items after completing over 200 runs on 10+ dificulty?

Fuck titanforging. Stupid system that doesn't give a shit about time invested but sheer amount of luck. Fuckin dogshit that is.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    Exactly, retail cant really be fixed at this point. Unless they introduce some sort of pristine server
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    Yep, sounds like slot machine/gambling system to me. Can't wait for that next dopamine high.
    Loot already is a gambling system and gives the same kind of dopamine rush as titanforge.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The main issue isn't that Titanforging exists, the main issue is that you can't accumulate a currency through consistent effort and buy Titanforging upgrades ala Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    Just watch them integrate sharding and other features and label it "Classic" lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So everything is as it should be. Good.

Most who complain are either mythic raiders, or someone who's been unlucky with 'forges or sockets and doesn't want others to get cool things without him/her getting it. Check Babadoo's post for an example.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Fact! So much fact.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    It's good to have a chance for better gear.
    It's better to be able to earn what you need to make your gear better than run your face into the wall over and over and over again hoping RNG will deign to bless you with its presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Then why every mythic 10+ that I do has 2 or 3 guys that are all almost full 390ilvl with sockets and shit. While I have only two 395 items after completing over 200 runs on 10+ dificulty?

Fuck titanforging. Stupid system that doesn't give a shit about time invested but sheer amount of luck. Fuckin dogshit that is.
    Probably because you're lying about your groupmates but share your r.io and we can go look @ the gear of your group mates (or just share said groupmates r.io..).

Even the #1 M+ group (look @ any of their r.io: https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season...9-20-ataldazar ) do not have gear as you described. Lepan the highest ilvl is still half non-390 and has 2 total sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole View Post
    I have trouble imagining that they'd ever be able to balance Normal / Heroic raids again, given the continued RNG in player item level. If it drops 370, do they tune it for 360, 370, or 380? Getting it right would seem to be an accident in this case.