8.1 Raiding Gear for Mages specific traits

Reading that there will be Spec specific traist for the raiding tier gear, out of 4 rings there will be a 5th one. I'm on the PTR and I don't see it from the Cloth Vendor.

Just curious what the specific traits are for Arcane, Fire, Frost. Kind of hoping Arcane is the Legendary Pants effect, Barrage returning 3% mana at full arcane stacks.

Correct me if am wrong, but I've seen only a few new traits for Mages, hence the 5th tier traits are mostly the spec specific traits we currently have and the new ones are around the same powerlevel.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Correct me if am wrong, but I've seen only a few new traits for Mages, hence the 5th tier traits are mostly the spec specific traits we currently have and the new ones are around the same powerlevel.
    This is right. 5th ring (as well as spec-specific 4th) will be all current + new (what little we have) spec-specific traits. They also mentioned something about retiring some current traits, but I don't think Mages got any removed as of yet from the PTR.

PS: This ring will also be added to ALL epic-quality (iLvl 340+), 4-ring azerite pieces that already exist, so all 340+ Azerite will be 5-ring, but you won't get it retroactively, so you'd need to get another new piece.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-11-24 at 05:49 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    They also mentioned something about retiring some current traits, but I don't think Mages got any removed as of yet from the PTR.
    The new traits are replacing some old traits. For example, Flash Freeze is replacing winter's reach for Frost. Can't recall off the top of my head what the fire and arcane trait replaces.