Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Should I alt a Warlock?

Currently main a Havoc DH in a 8/8 mythic guild, but its coming time to gear a ranged alt for future raids. How viable are Warlocks for M+ content and Raids?

why roll an inferior mage when you can just roll a mage?
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Why not just answer the question?

Affliction is one of the top DPS specs but the playstyle isn't for everyone.

Affliction is one of the most desirable specs in raiding; they were heavily stacked on ghuun and mythrax and bring fantastic dps. Demonic Gateway is always useful to bring on G'Huun in particular as it enables a few more classes to solo the orbs. Healthstones don't share a CD with healing pots any more so they're free extra healing.
    Affliction is also extremely boring imo, but ymmv, and you asked about viability, not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are consistently among the top performing ranged DD for years now with strong and unique utility to boot as you could see from Ghuun.

At the moment 2 out of 3 Warlock specs are among the top performing ranged specs in raids and so far there is no indication for this to be different in 8.1.

M+ all 3 specs work one way or another depending on your target key.

Overall, among all the ranged classes ingame warlocks seem to be most stable on top at least in raiding, so performance-wise you can't go wrong there. Question is whether gameplay is to your liking and that is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Why make a constructive post when you can just make a shitpost?

In raids, warlock is the best range class right now.
    In M+, we are very very good for keys that go +11 and upwards, but Mage/DH/Rogue are better in general. Not by very much but still better.

As of right now, it looks like dot classes will be very good for the zuldazar raid, speaking shadow priest and aff warlocks.
    And if you dont like the dot juggling (which gets harder with more targets, especially in dungeons), you can still go Destro and be as viable as Aff, just maybe be the underdog in heavy movement encounters.

Demo on the other hand has its problems, numbers wise, being a turret spec, dot "A.I." and not having tools like counterspell in its base toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Youre 8/8 mythic and don't have access to or know the resources in order to form your own opinion of their viability?
    whats wrong with asking a class forum?

Youre 8/8 mythic and don't have access to or know the resources in order to form your own opinion of their viability?
    This exactly this lmao

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    This exactly this lmao
    I cleared this content in a top 50 guild but dont know shit about many of the other classes, whats your point here?
    That everyone who is 8/8 has extensive knowledge of the whole game and its classes in a competetive environment?

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    This exactly this lmao
    ive played one class since launch lol. IDK how most of the specs work anymore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    I cleared this content in a top 50 guild but dont know shit about many of the other classes, whats your point here?
    That everyone who is 8/8 has extensive knowledge of the whole game and its classes in a competetive environment?
    That's not their point.

He should be able to figure that out himself with the correct information sources avaliable to an actual 8/8 Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    That's not their point.

He should be able to figure that out himself with the correct information sources avaliable to an actual 8/8 Mythic.
    im asking a giant group of people what their thoughts are. ive already done research on like 4 classes and specs... didnt know asking people their opinions was such an awful thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    That's not their point.

And what sources would that be? The internet?
    I guess you mean his guildies, let me tell you, just bc you are in a 8/8 mythic guild that doesnt mean that the people you play with do really know how good or bad they are, especially if you want them to be objective, bc everyone is biased when it comes to their class.

Deleted
    Warlocks are cool AF, go for it!

And what sources would that be? The internet?
    I guess you mean his guildies, let me tell you, just bc you are in a 8/8 mythic guild that doesnt mean that the people you play with do really know how good or bad they are, especially if you want them to be objective, bc everyone is biased when it comes to their class.
    we have two warlocks and they are also alts that we use for portals and healthstones. i wouldnt say they are a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    we have two warlocks and they are also alts that we use for portals and healthstones. i wouldnt say they are a fount of knowledge
    My point exactly, it's 100% ok to ask such a question here in this forum.
    And that's coming from someone who's normally in the "google the shit yourself instead of letting other people deliver the knowledge for you" camp.

Deleted
    My point exactly, it's 100% ok to ask such a question here in this forum.
    Nope, it's not.

Why not just answer the question?
    Because as the forum guidelines state:

Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Nope, it's not.

Because as the forum guidelines state:
    i asked how viable they were. i didnt ask which class/race/gender/faction

Deleted
    i asked how viable they were. i didnt ask which class/race/gender/faction
    Thread title.....

And yes, asking in the way you did is exactly that. Just because you don't literally ask "should I roll a warlock" doesn't mean it's not that kind of thread.